MBA vs. Trinity

Custer

Looks like Toothpick and Moondog forget that MBA leads Trinity 3-1 in this match-up. In fact the Big Red have a pretty good track record against KY teams in general:

Opponent W L

Hopkinsville (KY) 3 1

Louisville Manual (KY) 2 1

Louisville St. Xavier (KY) 1 1

Louisville Trinity (KY) 3 1

Paducah Tilghman (KY) 1 1

Paul Dunbar (KY) 1 0

Warren Central (KY) 3 1

Good luck to the Big Red! I predict MBA will continue to lead this series regardless of who wins...

Also 2-0 vs. Central Hardin.

I think I was a part of one or both of those.

66-21? Yikes. I thought MBA was gonna make it a much closer game than BA did. Anyone know what exactly happened?

I don't know any specifics about the game, but do we really need to know them? I am greatly concerned at the quality of ball that two traditional Tennessee "power houses" are displaying on the field. I don't care how good Trinity may be; the bottom line is that neither BA nor MBA should ever lose to anyone in a manner such as this. Get it together gentlemen!

I don't know any specifics about the game, but do we really need to know them? I am greatly concerned at the quality of ball that two traditional Tennessee "power houses" are displaying on the field. I don't care how good Trinity may be; the bottom line is that neither BA nor MBA should ever lose to anyone in a manner such as this. Get it together gentlemen!

I would love to see how Ensworth would match up with them.

66-21? Yikes. I thought MBA was gonna make it a much closer game than BA did. Anyone know what exactly happened?

I only saw the first half, but that was enough. Trinity scored easily on their first drive; massive holes, tackles made at LB level or deeper (was true almost every play I saw). MBA ran a couple of plays, then scored on a very long pass. The MBA receiver was all alone. MBA recovered what looked to be a good onside kick, but the officials ruled MBA touched it before the ball travelled 10 yds. Trinity scored on a long pass, and it fell apart from there.

MBA missed a couple of opportunities: a sure TD pass just overthrown, a pass nearly completed in the end zone but dislodged by a good hit. MBA was going to have to play their best game, and get a break or two. Neither one happened, and the result was ugly. And for the poster who said he'd like to see what Ensworth could do against them...that one would be worth the cost of admission.

I tried to tell you guys that Trinity is a real national power this year. I predicted they would beat both BA and MBA by 21-28+ points. They really are comparable to the Byrnes team that blew out MBA years ago. I have a feeling they would smash Ensworth, too. The Rocks are for real this year. Their real test will come against St.X(OH, not KY). If they whip them then they are deserving of the top 10 national ranking they possess right now.

The day you see 30,000+ fans in the stands for a Tennessee high school football game -- as is the case annually for the Trinity-St. X game -- is the day you will understand how big football is in Louisville. Actually, you'll get to see it up close and personally on Friday. Get ready for a long bus ride home.

Moondog....you are wrong.....our state championships......particularly Brentwood Academy.....Jefferson Co.....Alcoa.....USED to pack in 20,000-30,000 BEFORE the ridiculous split between public/private....go to tssaa.org and look it up....BTW.....that is a CATHOLIC game...more of a SOCIAL event...big catholic following in Louisville....evidently by how many catholic schools are there.......u guys are HORRIBLE in KY outside of Trinity/Male..and a few others......BTW.....I've been lurking for YEARS.....used to be a major poster.....had to speak up

Edited by Brandon100

I would love to see how Ensworth would match up with them.

Well, EHS is not playing them, and they are fortunate. Out of curiosity, while Ensworth may certainly be the team to beat in DII, what makes anyone think they are a 40 pt better team than either BA or MBA, their chief rivals, who have played Trinity? Those who are itching to see how EHS would fare against Trinity may be giving EHS way too much credit. Trinity is a special team with no apparent weaknesses. I would let the season play out a little bit before anointing EHS king (and they very well be).

Well, EHS is not playing them, and they are fortunate. Out of curiosity, while Ensworth may certainly be the team to beat in DII, what makes anyone think they are a 40 pt better team than either BA or MBA, their chief rivals, who have played Trinity? Those who are itching to see how EHS would fare against Trinity may be giving EHS way too much credit. Trinity is a special team with no apparent weaknesses. I would let the season play out a little bit before anointing EHS king (and they very well be).

I don't understand your thought pattern here at all. How is Ensworth fortunate not to play Trinity, or why would MBA and BA be unfortunate to have played them? There's no shame in losing to a worthy opponent. The shame comes in being unwilling to challenge them. MBA teaches its students to relish challenges, and that one should constantly test yourself. I don't know if MBA becomes a better team after last night, but I think they're better young men for it.

As for Ensworth, an institution I don't particularly like, they have a good football team. I don't know if they'd fare any better or worse than MBA and BA. At the risk of overstating the obvious, that's why I'd like to see them play. I'd like to see how Alcoa and Maryville would fit in with Trinity, BA, MBA, and Ensworth. It's not a matter of itching to see anyone get their comeuppance. Not to oversimplify it, but I like to see good football teams play each other. If these teams all played one another, I wouldn't have a dog in many of them. I'm an MBA man, I have a deep respect for BA (Beacause they and their posters here are always classy), I'm flamingly indifferent to Maryville and Alcoa, and wouldn't pull for Ensworth with the brakes out on the team bus. As I say, I'd like to see it because I think it would be good football.

• Upvote 1

Moondog....you are wrong.....our state championships......particularly Brentwood Academy.....Jefferson Co.....Alcoa.....USED to pack in 20,000-30,000 BEFORE the ridiculous split between public/private....go to tssaa.org and look it up....BTW.....that is a CATHOLIC game...more of a SOCIAL event...big catholic following in Louisville....evidently by how many catholic schools are there.......u guys are HORRIBLE in KY outside of Trinity/Male..and a few others......BTW.....I've been lurking for YEARS.....used to be a major poster.....had to speak up

Good to see you back.