South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

Typical DB fan. What teams respect you? the 4a and 5a teams that you like to beat up on every year? yeah congrats.you have no respect across the state with other 6a schools, you lose in the first and sometimes second (if you ever make it that far) of the playoffs every year. and dont act like you db fans dont run your mouths just as much as south fans do. we're both bad for talking alot of smack. and once again. you guys should win this game every year. you have a much larger student base and thus a much larger pool of talent to pull from. This is our biggest game of the year and unless chris cooke gets a alot better this week your in for a long season. and you can assure a one and done in the playoffs.

So you guys SHOULD beat Alcoa because you have a larger student base and a larger talent pool. You guys have twice as many students as Alcoa.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest the street goes both ways. I do remember the South fans cheering and players jumping around in '06 as Josef Throp laid on the turf. Or eating at Motos in ColHgts. and seeing a "GIRL" wearing a shirt that read "DB sucks and Throp swallows". Or eating at the ColHgts. McDs while with a DB sweatshirt on and having a "lady" talking to her husband saying something about a person wearing a DB sweatshirt in a Colhgts. McDs. Would you say those scream CLASS? To me those are a lot more classless than Waco getting on CoachT and giving everybody the business. So don't get all warm and fuzzy because it is still DB-South. My post wasn't meant to build a case for the South fans, it was an indictment on the DB schedule as it stands. It is an indictment on the TSSAA for this ridiculous re-alignment they have forced on the state resulting in playing in a terrible conference year-in and year-out. Let's be real, even if this conference is up (which it is not) with DB, Science Hill, THS, SS being good it can't compare to District 2 or 4.

They're are those type of fans on both sides I agree. And your first post cam off a little bad. As for WaCo..well i guess hes just gonna be WaCo. But i agree its out of hand on both sides.

Typical DB fan. What teams respect you? the 4a and 5a teams that you like to beat up on every year? yeah congrats.you have no respect across the state with other 6a schools, you lose in the first and sometimes second (if you ever make it that far) of the playoffs every year. and dont act like you db fans dont run your mouths just as much as south fans do. we're both bad for talking alot of smack. and once again. you guys should win this game every year. you have a much larger student base and thus a much larger pool of talent to pull from. This is our biggest game of the year and unless chris cooke gets a alot better this week your in for a long season. and you can assure a one and done in the playoffs.

Typical South fan. What teams respect us? Oak Ridge, Maryville, Bearden, Riverdale, MBA, Farragut just to name a few and all 6A. Actually as a whole players, coaches, fan base included South is the only ones that really hate DB. And we all know why don't we.We don't lose in the first or second round every year so lets get that one straight. If we're beating you because of the "larger pool" how do you explain South getting beat by Greenville & Gate City? And by the way as I keep telling you, South leads all upper east tn teams in the "one & done" catagory. I guess you haven't got the memo from Mr. Haynie. Your supposed to keep you mouth shut this week.

I can see you are still really proud of that 44-0. I'm really proud that last year when the game was just close enough that you all got on here and moaned, whined and cried. Enjoyed it tremendously.

Oh, and wasn't 06 when DB lost in the first round of the playoffs, at home, to that powerhouse William Blount? I believe it was.

We still beat your boys 44-0....yes I believe we did.

Indians looked good last night. Yes, Clinton is bad. Whoever is worried about Cookie, please, he'll be fine. I hope we give you a fight but I'll have to say Indians will continue the streak. Hope everyone behaves themselves this week and both teams come away injury free. M&G, you make some good points on all accounts....including some classless fans on our side of the city.

Indians looked good last night. Yes, Clinton is bad. Whoever is worried about Cookie, please, he'll be fine. I hope we give you a fight but I'll have to say Indians will continue the streak. Hope everyone behaves themselves this week and both teams come away injury free. M&G, you make some good points on all accounts....including some classless fans on our side of the city.

Well who drug you out and dusted you off? I see you got Mr. Haynie's memo. You need to share it with a few of you buddies because their already getting out of hand. :)

:rolleyes: Can anyone bring anything new to these played out arguments?

Class? As with fans of all teams, there are those that lack it. Neither side wins this one.

44-0 vs. 1 and Done? I think the 44-0 argument gets the edge. Even if a team loses in the 1st round of the playoffs it doesn't matter if they beat you.

Annexation? Not the place for politics, but it has more to do with than just one school taking football players. IMO, this argument is out of the question because its out of control.

School size? Going with week 0 results, Greeneville and Betsy both beat bigger schools. So size doesn't matter.

Silliness? TIE!

:ugeek:

Edited by RebelConvert

Typical South fan. What teams respect us? Oak Ridge, Maryville, Bearden, Riverdale, MBA, Farragut just to name a few and all 6A. Actually as a whole players, coaches, fan base included South is the only ones that really hate DB. And we all know why don't we.We don't lose in the first or second round every year so lets get that one straight. If we're beating you because of the "larger pool" how do you explain South getting beat by Greenville & Gate City? And by the way as I keep telling you, South leads all upper east tn teams in the "one & done" catagory. I guess you haven't got the memo from Mr. Haynie. Your supposed to keep you mouth shut this week.

Do you know Coach Haynie personally? When was the last time you talked to him?

Volman! It has been a while. I don't claim to be on the inside or have the football IQ as you and Compusat but I can use the eyeball test. And my eyeball says the Dragons did very little in the long run to improve this team. Add to that the Big8 looks very down and this could set up for a tough road come year end (science hill and the playoffs). We'll see.

I'll be honest, I am more than a little concerned that with DBs "speed" advantage against Clinton it never seemed liked #6 and #8 could get around the corner as easily as I had hoped. I believe most of the big runs were through the line with the ball carrier making it happen from there. I'm sure Coach Haynie will have a few wrinkles with an extra week to prepare. And #16 for South concerns me as well as #15 on offense as much as defense. Where do you guys seem to find the 6'3, 210lb prototype QB every year? Is there something in the BBQ at Phil's Dreampit? I say annexation can't come quick enough! :roflol:

Volman! It has been a while. I don't claim to be on the inside or have the football IQ as you and Compusat but I can use the eyeball test. And my eyeball says the Dragons did very little in the long run to improve this team. Add to that the Big8 looks very down and this could set up for a tough road come year end (science hill and the playoffs). We'll see.

I'll be honest, I am more than a little concerned that with DBs "speed" advantage against Clinton it never seemed liked #6 and #8 could get around the corner as easily as I had hoped. I believe most of the big runs were through the line with the ball carrier making it happen from there. I'm sure Coach Haynie will have a few wrinkles with an extra week to prepare. And #16 for South concerns me as well as #15 on offense as much as defense. Where do you guys seem to find the 6'3, 210lb prototype QB every year? Is there something in the BBQ at Phil's Dreampit? I say annexation can't come quick enough! :roflol:

I might as well start pulling for DB now..pretty soon South wont exist..