South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A moral victory occurs when a person, team, army or other group loses a

confrontation, and yet achieves some other moral gain.

Since it has already been ascertained that DB will go 10-0, thus winning this game, what do you believe would be considered a moral victory?

Looks like your having a pretty good conversation with yourself. Maybe thats a moral victory?

South has only won two games south of Morristown. And they are also the leader in one and dones in upper east tn. In 2006 DB defeated South 44-0. Can anybody remember how many games in a row we have won over South? I have lost count. Oh....and we're taking over Colonial Heights so u-all need to be packing your bags.

Not one to live in the past but... 2009 season South did beat Knox West, Knox Powell, and Knox Catholic. I hate to even mention the streak, but i think it is at 17 im sure you know that though (hard to type that one in)

I agree with your reasonable rationale from an earlier post about the streaks vs SH and South, at some time just due to law of averages streaks usually end. SH has all the time in the world, looks like our window may be closing. Hopefully it ends this year, we battled last year and kept it close. I saw DB's special teams really as the difference, we had a hard time with your punt block unit. Here's to hoping we can shorten the game,keep it close, and have a chance in the 4th quarter. Hoping for a hard fought, clean, close game. :popcorneater:

Looks like your having a pretty good conversation with yourself. Maybe thats a moral victory?

It's just to much work to make 2 or more screen names so I'll leave that to the others. I know you have to have more in your arsenal than the 44-0 game. You are the king of comebacks, yet that's all you keep using. I guess there is no need to change what's working, though.

You as a DB fan, honestly what would you consider a moral victory for these "jerry's kids" you play? I use South because this is the South vs Dobyns-Bennett thread. Maybe I should ask it this way since you are a DB fan. What would be a moral defeat for DB? Since it's obvious the scoreboard will read in your favor. Nevermind, I guess there is no such thing as a moral defeat. You really wouldn't be able to learn anything helpful from a loss.

Does it really take this many pages to say the same 2 things? REALLY?

I have NEVER initiated any conversation concerning DB's 2006 season. It is really stunning that some would want to revive the memory of a season that so epitomizes DB's playoff woes. But I'll be here each time the South game is mentioned to remember just how that 10-0 season ended.

If you don't like it, there is a ignore button on here somewhere that works really well.

I have NEVER initiated any conversation concerning DB's 2006 season. It is really stunning that some would want to revive the memory of a season that so epitomizes DB's playoff woes. But I'll be here each time the South game is mentioned to remember just how that 10-0 season ended.

If you don't like it, there is a ignore button on here somewhere that works really well.

Not really a big deal. I just found it funny how many pages are full of the same thing. I didn't realize you could take up that much room with those two lines. It passes the day.

Ok then, lets start all over again without playoff history coming into this conversation, bet it can't be done.

What defense did South run to try and compensate for the NC quarterback? I heard he's close to Heath Shuler's all time record there. Did he run the ball as well, or was their defense just good enough to keep South from moving the ball that much? Since someone out there has seen game film.

Ok then, lets start all over again without playoff history coming into this conversation, bet it can't be done.

What defense did South run to try and compensate for the NC quarterback? I heard he's close to Heath Shuler's all time record there. Did he run the ball as well, or was their defense just good enough to keep South from moving the ball that much? Since someone out there has seen game film.

By the score neither team played much defense.