South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

Home/Away...not that hard a concept. Must have something to do with money if the TSSAA is involved. Couldn't find this quirk in any other conference, but didn't check them all.

I'm not sure if the other conferences redraw their schedules. In Maryville's conference it looks like they just alternate home and away every year. But this area has changed the schedules every two years for quite a while and every now and then a team may play an opponent two years in a row at their stadium, Tennessee plays at DB again this year, but they'll come to the Stone Castle in '12. Someone on here said they do this so some teams won't possibly have to have a difficult arrangement games for more than two years in a row. Volunteer comes to mind considering their last four games are against South, Science Hill, DB, and Tennessee.

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you know what I'm saying.... your way too proud of all the wins your program builds against teams like south. (I mean NO disrespect to south, they sound like a proud program against odds that are stacked against them.) Anyway, you will win out now and go undefeated because you won your one "hard" game of the season (Farragut).You will pound your chest all year about how many points you'll be able to score etc. etc. then LOSE in the first round of the playoffs again. (probably at home)

Yes your field should be blue because your program is the Boise State of TSSAA football.

Your analogy is right on. The obsession with South by the posters on here and around the dinner tables in Kingsport is why they are a playoff laughingstock. They even have a fan on here that has 6,400 posts and 6,400 of them concern South. Sad really. The South game is their season. They will be done after they put a 54-0 beat down on South Friday.

Your analogy is right on. The obsession with South by the posters on here and around the dinner tables in Kingsport is why they are a playoff laughingstock. They even have a fan on here that has 6,400 posts and 6,400 of them concern South. Sad really. The South game is their season. They will be done after they put a 54-0 beat down on South Friday.

uh....this is the DB vs. South thread Mo-Ron. And im pretty sure you don't know what's being talked about at the dinner tables in Kingsport. Nobody's going to invite you over for dinner. Your obsession with DB's playoff record has you turned inside out. Especially since South's is worse. Can't believe you even brought it up. Did I happen to mention that in 2006 DB laid the wood to your Rebels by the score of 44-0!

As soon as we take over the rest of Colonial Heights you'll be mowing my lawn for free dip-wad.

The inferiority complex South fans have just amazes me. As a former player I can assure you that when we played, yeah we wanted to win and win big just like any other game, but it really wasn't much of big deal as compared to Oak Ridge or the better conf teams at the time. Since I hadn't really followed DB history when I played I had no clue why people called it a rivalry game. Both teams gotta win to call it a rivalry. As for the playoffs, only one team in 6A ends their season with a win haha, doesn't make a squat of difference if its first round or finals, lose and you have failed no difference. I just hope that with all the knocking DB has done they knock the door down in the future. And honestly the same goes for South in 5A, I'd love to see South challenging for the golden ball in their division since that would make the DB south game finally mean something besides conference standing.

I think you know what I'm saying.... your way too proud of all the wins your program builds against teams like south. (I mean NO disrespect to south, they sound like a proud program against odds that are stacked against them.) Anyway, you will win out now and go undefeated because you won your one "hard" game of the season (Farragut).You will pound your chest all year about how many points you'll be able to score etc. etc. then LOSE in the first round of the playoffs again. (probably at home)

Yes your field should be blue because your program is the Boise State of TSSAA football.

Your not saying anything. So how are the odds stacked against South? Can't beat Gate City and Greenville, smaller schools, can't beat a N.C. team with a losing tradition. Is it really DB's fault all these teams in upper east tn. sucks? I don't think so. Your just a cry baby.

The inferiority complex South fans have just amazes me. As a former player I can assure you that when we played, yeah we wanted to win and win big just like any other game, but it really wasn't much of big deal as compared to Oak Ridge or the better conf teams at the time. Since I hadn't really followed DB history when I played I had no clue why people called it a rivalry game. Both teams gotta win to call it a rivalry. As for the playoffs, only one team in 6A ends their season with a win haha, doesn't make a squat of difference if its first round or finals, lose and you have failed no difference. I just hope that with all the knocking DB has done they knock the door down in the future. And honestly the same goes for South in 5A, I'd love to see South challenging for the golden ball in their division since that would make the DB south game finally mean something besides conference standing.

South has only won two games south of Morristown. And they are also the leader in one and dones in upper east tn. In 2006 DB defeated South 44-0. Can anybody remember how many games in a row we have won over South? I have lost count. Oh....and we're taking over Colonial Heights so u-all need to be packing your bags.

Did I happen to mention that in 2006 DB laid the wood to your Rebels by the score of 44-0!

Yeah. 2006. Wasn't that the year DB went 10-0? Then they lost at home in the first round to William Blout, who was 7-5. However, you're really one and done after the South game.

Yeah. 2006. Wasn't that the year DB went 10-0? Then they lost at home in the first round to William Blout, who was 7-5. However, you're really one and done after the South game.

Yeah isnt that the year D-B beat South 44-0. This is the South-D-B thread right? not the D-B playoff thread. Funny after all the Friday night beatdowns you guys have taken from D-B, all you've got to fall back on is what happens to D-B after your season is already over. LOL THATS OBSESSION :wub:

Yeah isnt that the year D-B beat South 44-0. This is the South-D-B thread right? not the D-B playoff thread. Funny after all the Friday night beatdowns you guys have taken from D-B, all you've got to fall back on is what happens to D-B after your season is already over. LOL THATS OBSESSION :wub:

Actually, if you would have someone read the posts to you again, I was responding to a post concerning what happened way back in 2006. I didn't follow South then, but I looked it up. DB lost in the first round, at home, to William Blount. Ironically, South's season was not over that week.

Actually, if you would have someone read the posts to you again, I was responding to a post concerning what happened way back in 2006. I didn't follow South then, but I looked it up. DB lost in the first round, at home, to William Blount. Ironically, South's season was not over that week.

Ironically, South's season would of been over that week if they had been playing Dovyns-Bennett instead of "Jerry's Kids". Get it?