Signal Mountain @ Bledsoe

MountainTroll

No arrogance here, just somebody who knows what they are talking about, and who is not about to let a bunch of disgruntled and self righteous malcontents run down our kids, and community. I wish we could give Howard back the 6 bus loads of un-disciplined behavior problems that they were able to unload on our school. There wasn't one football player in that whole bunch of Howard kids that was bused up here.....Of course the self righteous at Friendship would go to a school like Howard and take the only 2 players they had via scholarship, and leave out the 300 additions of dead weight to their enrollment.

I wish we didn't get the increases in enrollment,(we did not want) so we could play Friendship again..... We're twice as good as we were last year (no thanks to the bused enrollment, or the 2 transfers) and self-righteous whiners need to be manhandled and have the score up on them. Geesh at the moaning....Some of you sound like a bunch excuse making liberals, who seek parity and stringent rules to make public schools equal. Meanwhile sending your kids to private school, recruiting, giving scholarships and generally exempting yourselves from the scrutiny by which you condemn everyone else....hypocrites.

The kids on Signal Mountain stand up and represent every week 110%, you can bet your A-- that we stand up for them.....Our team represents the work ethic and can-do attitude that made America and football great. We busy ourselves finding avenues to success and don't waste time making excuses, moaning, or wishing....Keep dreaming and wishing that hard-work and dedication will backfire on SM.....Are you people sure that your not looking for the soccer-#### message board? From some of the communist drivel I heard some of you probably know less about football than you do about fornicating......

I'll be there Troll, I don't get off until 7 so I will be a little late. I don't consider Grundy a cupcake, it's a District game.

They are only Cupcakes when Signal Mountain plays them. When anyone else in our district plays them, they are a "tough district game".

GO EAGLES!!

Those who are jealous of SM's success have tried to discredit its validity by talking about transfer players and enrollment. First of all the transfer players that have come in have not added much except for depth. Transfers have typically lacked the discipline, mental and physical toughness, and football background to make immediate contributions to a Bill Price team. The reality is that our neighboring schools have been playing at a substandard level for so long that its very difficult for transfers to assimilate and meet the demands of our program. Transfer players will not add much value to Signal's program unless they come up in the 8th grade and labor until they are Sr's under Price's rigorous weight program.

I do however hope we start recruiting players in the 8th grade and bringing them in early enough that they will be difference makers. Notre Dame, McCallie, Baylor, all recruit and have for 30 years, why shouldn't Signal. Signal offers the best chance in Chattanooga for players to reach their full potential and be a part of a successful program. What child or their parents would not want to be a part of that. Signal offers the best product, people that don't like that outta step their game up.

Finally, on enrollment. Because Signal Mountain is like Mayberry it has a disproportional number of family's who retarded children living up here. Parents with retarded children move up here so their kids can go to school in a safer environment where they are less likely to be victimized. Retarded children count towards enrollment classification just the same as normal children. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think that if all the mentally and physically handicapped were deducted from Signal's enrollment we might still be a AA school.

Signal's success hasn't come by manipulating the system, its come by working within the system and doing it better than the competition. We come into every game better prepared, in better shaped, and definitely tougher. I'm reminded of Boyd Buchanan.....they have giants on their offensive line and non of them will hit hard enough to break an egg shell.

The Goat sez: Hamjam, sorry the "open enrollment" is providing so much dross with the gold. Maybe a more exclusive recruiting program should be implemented. I can see a time when all the dross is skimmed and nothing but football stars will be attending Sissy Mountain. Under such a program Sissy Mountain could probably even attain single A status and dominate in perpetuity. I'm not kidding, I think this open enrollment scam is ruining it for the deserving ones. I suggest that from the bus stop to the front door a 40 yard hash mark be established...anybody failing to cover that distance in five seconds or less should be bussed to any other location of their choosing. Sissy Mountain should request special dispensation from T$$AA not to count the RETARDS!!!

Edited by mancoverage

No arrogance here, just somebody who knows what they are talking about, and who is not about to let a bunch of disgruntled and self righteous malcontents run down our kids, and community. I wish we could give Howard back the 6 bus loads of un-disciplined behavior problems that they were able to unload on our school. There wasn't one football player in that whole bunch of Howard kids that was bused up here.....Of course the self righteous at Friendship would go to a school like Howard and take the only 2 players they had via scholarship, and leave out the 300 additions of dead weight to their enrollment.

I wish we didn't get the increases in enrollment,(we did not want) so we could play Friendship again..... We're twice as good as we were last year (no thanks to the bused enrollment, or the 2 transfers) and self-righteous whiners need to be manhandled and have the score up on them. Geesh at the moaning....Some of you sound like a bunch excuse making liberals, who seek parity and stringent rules to make public schools equal. Meanwhile sending your kids to private school, recruiting, giving scholarships and generally exempting yourselves from the scrutiny by which you condemn everyone else....hypocrites.

The kids on Signal Mountain stand up and represent every week 110%, you can bet your A-- that we stand up for them.....Our team represents the work ethic and can-do attitude that made America and football great. We busy ourselves finding avenues to success and don't waste time making excuses, moaning, or wishing....Keep dreaming and wishing that hard-work and dedication will backfire on SM.....Are you people sure that your not looking for the soccer-#### message board? From some of the communist drivel I heard some of you probably know less about football than you do about fornicating......

Dead wrong

Im really looking forward to this game. I think starters verses starters these two teams are pretty evenly matched. However it is when comes to depth signal has a big advantage. Both teams can score in bunches and should be a very entertaining game.

I just hope "lady luck" will be on Bledsoe's side friday night but we will see..... Congrats to Signal on being the new #1 in 4A....

Those who are jealous of SM's success have tried to discredit its validity by talking about transfer players and enrollment. First of all the transfer players that have come in have not added much except for depth. Transfers have typically lacked the discipline, mental and physical toughness, and football background to make immediate contributions to a Bill Price team. The reality is that our neighboring schools have been playing at a substandard level for so long that its very difficult for transfers to assimilate and meet the demands of our program. Transfer players will not add much value to Signal's program unless they come up in the 8th grade and labor until they are Sr's under Price's rigorous weight program.

I do however hope we start recruiting players in the 8th grade and bringing them in early enough that they will be difference makers. Notre Dame, McCallie, Baylor, all recruit and have for 30 years, why shouldn't Signal. Signal offers the best chance in Chattanooga for players to reach their full potential and be a part of a successful program. What child or their parents would not want to be a part of that. Signal offers the best product, people that don't like that outta step their game up.

Finally, on enrollment. Because Signal Mountain is like Mayberry it has a disproportional number of family's who retarded children living up here. Parents with retarded children move up here so their kids can go to school in a safer environment where they are less likely to be victimized. Retarded children count towards enrollment classification just the same as normal children. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think that if all the mentally and physically handicapped were deducted from Signal's enrollment we might still be a AA school.

Signal's success hasn't come by manipulating the system, its come by working within the system and doing it better than the competition. We come into every game better prepared, in better shaped, and definitely tougher. I'm reminded of Boyd Buchanan.....they have giants on their offensive line and non of them will hit hard enough to break an egg shell.

Too long. Didn't read.