Westview vs Obion Central. Who you got?

westview4sho

Ripley doesn't have a coach. That's a difference there. As for this game...O C is the real deal. Now, on the other hand. Cody is one of the best at making adjustments. If O C reads to much and hears to much, Westview will slip a win right out from underneath the Rebels. Should be a good game. Good luck to the Rebels in this one.

I was only pointing out the truth about the statement "OC has yet to play a fast defence like westview has this year". I didn't say anything about the quality of their play. So thanks for your random assessment of coaching.

"uncoached" Ripley still has a good deal more speed than Westview. So don't bank on that being the difference in Westview's favor.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above statement is not actually true. The Rebels HAVE faced a defense (correctly spelled) somewhat faster than Westview's...Now, the Rebels had limited success against this defense which no doubt has made the Rebel offense much better in seeing these looks and experiencing that type of quickness. I'm glad that this scrimmage is turning into an annual event. I think the work against OCCHS has definately helped our kids and apparently has had a similar effect on the Rebels!

Given his wisdom...I trust Coach Cody will find a way to slow the Rebels down...I just don't know if he has enough ponies to even up the score! Good luck to both teams...please someone report on the attendance after Friday's game! Would love to see this one!

I agree with this post. You see, I am realistic. OC has a great team this year with several players that can play D1 and D2 college ball. If we lose to OC, they'll be no head hanging over here. I am glad to see OC turn the corner. If WV beats OC, it will be considered an upset this year. Good luck to both teams. I know the rivalry exist, but a lot of the players are also friends off the field.

I agree with this post. You see, I am realistic.

Speaking of realistic-- let's make sure that this is not a 7 on 7 QB camp competition. Graham Stadium at UTM should be a fun time this Friday night. Westview plays old school, smash mouth football.. Block,Tackle- run the football, play solid defense, win the kicking game. That's how "da View" went to Troy and won last year. The Chargers had some Studs on that front line that graduated so they are a bit young. OCCHS will have success if they can consistently stop the run. Ball Control and keeping turnovers down will be key for Westview- if not the Rebel offense will put up 30+ points again- they had no trouble stopping UC and Ripley but again Wesview is not UC or Ripley.. They are who you THink they are!! :blink:

Don't let the first two games fool ya.. Westview will be ready for OC.. THis is the watermark game for the OCCHS program.. A win here and they won't be challenged again until October :thumb: Kickoff is 7:30 -- getcha POPCORN READY!! :popcorneater:

A win here and they won't be challenged again until October :thumb: Kickoff is 7:30 -- getcha POPCORN READY!! :popcorneater:

Even though Crockett County is somewhat down this year, OC will have to play hard to win that game..The Cavaliers seem to have a hex on the Rebels...

BTW, that game is next week...You are right though...This could be Shawn Jackson's signature win so far...

I was told Westview has had some key folks out....don't know. I was also told they will be at 100% coming into the Rebels game plan. Could this game come down to a field goal ? Eitherway...the Rebels have played flawless football in their first two games. On the other hand, they have played two teams that are having tough times. Westview is and has had their share of problems so far as well. If Westviews defense is anywhere close to what they usually are, it might be the Rebels first test of the year. Good luck to the red, White and Blue.

I was told Westview has had some key folks out....don't know. I was also told they will be at 100% coming into the Rebels game plan. Could this game come down to a field goal ? Eitherway...the Rebels have played flawless football in their first two games. On the other hand, they have played two teams that are having tough times. Westview is and has had their share of problems so far as well. If Westviews defense is anywhere close to what they usually are, it might be the Rebels first test of the year. Good luck to the red, White and Blue.

We don't have a lot of players out. We have 3 of our starters out (2 with injuries, 1 with strep). Hopefully 1 of the injured will return to practice Thursday. Hoping for a good game, but looking forward to seeing OC. I heard you guys are ballin' and we appreciate that over here.

We don't have a lot of players out. We have 3 of our starters out (2 with injuries, 1 with strep). Hopefully 1 of the injured will return to practice Thursday. Hoping for a good game, but looking forward to seeing OC. I heard you guys are ballin' and we appreciate that over here.

Week 2 and game 3 hopefully injury free and great game to watch. Should be a packed house

Nice breakdown redbirdfan of what might happen, but answer the question. WHO YOU GOT??????????????

Well Reelfoot72 (nice year by the way from what I hear.. LOL) seeing as this game is being played in early September- I'll give the edge to the Rebels. Westview is struggling a big offensively but the defense remains fairly solid. Westview graduated

four guys up front and the 3 yr.starter at QB and will take until October to get their footing on the offensive side of the ball. With that said- they have to keep the game around 20 points or so to have a chance. OCCHS should establish the run early as they've set out to do in the first two games and see what happens. A couple of big plays should come into the equation and 'da View' must win the kicking game and keep turnovers down. OC is a +5 in the giveaway/takeaway category and hopefully will have their leading tackler from a year ago back as the Quinton was knocked out on the games first play last week at Ripley. He's 50-50 and will probably play.

THE BIG KEY-- Can OC stop the running game of Westview - or at least contain it enough . I say they'll have success and end up on the plus side of a 27 to 17 score.

Nice breakdown redbirdfan of what might happen, but answer the question. WHO YOU GOT??????????????

Well Reelfoot72 (nice year by the way from what I hear.. LOL) seeing as this game is being played in early September- I'll give the edge to the Rebels. Westview is struggling a big offensively but the defense remains fairly solid. Westview graduated

four guys up front and the 3 yr.starter at QB and will take until October to get their footing on the offensive side of the ball. With that said- they have to keep the game around 20 points or so to have a chance. OCCHS should establish the run early as they've set out to do in the first two games and see what happens. A couple of big plays should come into the equation and 'da View' must win the kicking game and keep turnovers down. OC is a +5 in the giveaway/takeaway category and hopefully will have their leading tackler from a year ago back as the Quinton was knocked out on the games first play last week at Ripley. He's 50-50 and will probably play.

THE BIG KEY-- Can OC stop the running game of Westview - or at least contain it enough . I say they'll have success and end up on the plus side of a 27 to 17 score.

See picking a winner wasnt that hard, and thanks for keeping tabs on me it really means alot!!!!! LOL.