Union City (0-2) @ Halls (2-0)

Union City will travel down Hwy 51 in search of win #1 while Halls will look to stay unbeaten...

Union City certainly has the edge as far as their strength of schedule as they have played two very good teams while Halls has beaten two pretty sub-par teams...UC has owned this series in the past but this is a new year and a different UC team...

I still think UC has enough to win this one...

UC-27

Halls-12

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City will travel down Hwy 51 in search of win #1 while Halls will look to stay unbeaten...

Union City certainly has the edge as far as their strength of schedule as they have played two very good teams while Halls has beaten two pretty sub-par teams...UC has owned this series in the past but this is a new year and a different UC team...

I still think UC has enough to win this one...

UC-27

Halls-12

Ill take Halls by 1 Touchdown.

Union City needs a win...and in a bad way. Folks...here is who Union City has already played this year in pre-season / reular season. Perry County 3 hour scrimage ...ranked 3rd in class A ( Union City lost ), .....the same day...powerhouse 6A Brighton....not even close, then scrimaged Mckenzie...Union City at their full power during this scrimage...U C won hands down 4 td's to 1 with first stringers in, then Union City plays class 4A Obion Central Rebels....lost 36 - 6..loaded with like 18 to 20 seniors and tons of experience coming back....then Union City plays Wayne County...19 Seniors...lost in this game to the 2nd ranked team in Class A...48 14. This has been a very different year...lots of yound kids...KEY injuries in the wrong places...starting Q B and Starting L B. They ( Union City ) is trying to figure out what to do with the low numbers. This is NOT a tipical year for Union City nor is it loaded with upper classmen. It is what it is....the season will go on. IF...and I say IF, Union City looses to Halls...not only could it be a bad season...it will be a bad season. Repairs can be made. Union City did show some good things late in the second quarter against Wayne County and shot themselves in the foot so to speak in the first half. They simply quit in the second half and Wayne County kept the train rolling. Keep your heads upward U C....it may take a while but things will get better with time.

Edited by UCGRAD

Union City needs a win...and in a bad way. Folks...here is who Union City has already played this year in pre-season / reular season. Perry County 3 hour scrimage ...ranked 3rd in class A ( Union City lost ), .....the same day...powerhouse 6A Brighton....not even close, then scrimaged Mckenzie...Union City at their full power during this scrimage...U C won hands down 4 td's to 1 with first stringers in, then Union City plays class 4A Obion Central Rebels....lost 36 - 6..loaded with like 18 to 20 seniors and tons of experience coming back....then Union City plays Wayne County...19 Seniors...lost in this game to the 2nd ranked team in Class A...48 14. This has been a very different year...lots of yound kids...KEY injuries in the wrong places...starting Q B and Starting L B. They ( Union City ) is trying to figure out what to do with the low numbers. This is NOT a tipical year for Union City nor is it loaded with upper classmen. It is what it is....the season will go on. IF...and I say IF, Union City looses to Halls...not only could it be a bad season...it will be a bad season. Repairs can be made. Union City did show some good things late in the second quarter against Wayne County and shot themselves in the foot so to speak in the first half. They simply quit in the second half and Wayne County kept the train rolling. Keep your heads upward U C....it may take a while but things will get better with time.

Did anyone ever wonder why Union City scrimmaged 4 teams in 2 days, why they scrimmaged Perry County and Brighton back to back? I suspect that the Union City coaching staff knew about, approved, and attended these scrimmages...with their small numbers of players. What will bring about the turn about? Hyde will die of overwork, what then. The situation with Obion Central is now firmly reversed. Union City has lost 7 of its last ten games and a second straight losing season is all but assured. If Union City loses to Halls, consider changing the team nickname to Wisps.

Edited by Augielio

I think this is going to be a close game.Saw in another thread that maybe South Fulton had a player quit.Well if they did and it was the South fulton quarterback,would say Union city wins.But if it's not I think Halls wins in a close game.Maybe 21-14 or 28-21.

What would a SF QB quitting SF have anything in the world to do with the outcome of the UC-Halls game ??...

For clarity...SF has had two players transfer to Union City the last two seasons...Both Lewis and Strickland are still on the team....

SF had a kid (T.Johnson, I believe) quit the SF team last week...He had been a reserve until an injury forced him into action vs Bruceton...He was not SF's QB...

Did anyone ever wonder why Union City scrimmaged 4 teams in 2 days, why they scrimmaged Perry County and Brighton back to back? I suspect that the Union City coaching staff knew about, approved, and attended these scrimmages...with their small numbers of players. What will bring about the turn about? Hyde will die of overwork, what then. The situation with Obion Central is now firmly reversed. Union City has lost 7 of its last ten games and a second straight losing season is all but assured. If Union City loses to Halls, consider changing the team nickname to Wisps.

If UC loses to Halls then that leaves only Greenfield and South Fulton as teams they would be favored against...

If Halls was to somehow win this game the school nickname would still be Golden Tornadoes..I'm pretty positive about that...