Union City (0-2) @ Halls (2-0)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City's drop-off can be attributed to two straight very small senior classes...When you have the small numbers UC has now it's hard to overcome that with freshmen and sophs...I don't see the reasoning about SF because they are having the same problem...They are having excellent junior high teams but they don't play as freshmen...No carry over....

Union City will be fine...Will they ever be what they were from say 97-2000 ??...I doubt it...

One thing for a point of reference...Don't listen to ANYTHING Greenfieldfan has to say about Union City...That's just like listening to Keith Olbermann say something about Sarah Palin....It's all based on basically an almost psychotic bias...Not joking.... :thumb:

I meant to put Vol fan in there as well..We know he's also a big time fan of playing Union city .. lol

The final score was not indicative of how this game played out.

UC led 19-13 at halftime, but we (Halls) scored with a little more than 4 minutes to play in the third for a 20-19 lead. The Tornadoes then went on an 11 minute drive to take a 25-20 lead with just over 5 minutes left to play. Halls ran the kickoff back to the UC 42, but a procedure call and a couple of incomplete passes ended the good field position possession. UC then scored another TD two plays later (Halls players were pretty dejected at that point), then Halls fumbled the ensuing kickoff and UC scored again one play later.

UC pounded it inside with big Hyde the FB and then would bounce it outside to Lewis, who ended up scoring FIVE times! With all of that we had it at the Tornadoes 42 down five with 5 minutes left and should have taken advantage of it. We dropped one pass where the receiver was wide open and was seeing the endzone.

It was a good football game. Our guys are getting better, but if we couldn't beat you this year then we may never beat you guys. I just hope we don't get down and roll into Gleason and lay an egg.

The final score was not indicative of how this game played out.

UC led 19-13 at halftime, but we (Halls) scored with a little more than 4 minutes to play in the third for a 20-19 lead. The Tornadoes then went on an 11 minute drive to take a 25-20 lead with just over 5 minutes left to play. Halls ran the kickoff back to the UC 42, but a procedure call and a couple of incomplete passes ended the good field position possession. UC then scored another TD two plays later (Halls players were pretty dejected at that point), then Halls fumbled the ensuing kickoff and UC scored again one play later.

UC pounded it inside with big Hyde the FB and then would bounce it outside to Lewis, who ended up scoring FIVE times! With all of that we had it at the Tornadoes 42 down five with 5 minutes left and should have taken advantage of it. We dropped one pass where the receiver was wide open and was seeing the endzone.

It was a good football game. Our guys are getting better, but if we couldn't beat you this year then we may never beat you guys. I just hope we don't get down and roll into Gleason and lay an egg.

I was wondering what happened.The announcers were saying Halls were winning by 1 and then Union city took the lead and then all of a sudden a pretty wide margin.Go take care of business against those Taters.

It showed Union City came out with a plan. Stick to what you know and not try to change things. By keeping the ball on the ground , Union City did the usual.....clock management and they had the clock in their favor something like 36 minutes to 12 minutes. Union City POUNDED the ball inside and a new twist with Lewis ( #4) scoring 5 t d's for Union City. Halls was good. They are big and have skilled players. It was a mental thing to some degree for someone like Halls, in the back of their heads...not being able to beat Union City in forever...therefor...the pressure was on them ( Halls) with the lead and 4 plus minutes to go in the game. Union City doesn't have long to enjoy their first win of the year as they travel to Huntingdon next week. The Stangs are rolling and I don't see the Purple and Gold slowing them down very much. U C did show some promise last night. Still going to be a year that is tough. If they can salvage a 500 year....I think they would be happy. Humboldt, Huntingdon, Lake County, Dresden for sure will be a problem. Good Luck U C, keep your heads up, your first mission has been accomplished by winning game number one. Union City has a quote...We Don't Rebuild, We Reload"...should be preparing for 2012, 2013 and 2014 season.