Alcoa @ Loudon

F5seekshelter

Rankin is no fool. He knows that his team was playing 2 teams to open the season that have quarterbacks that will be playing D-IA football next fall. Why would he put a sophomore quarterback out there to try to compete with those guys? Wall has seemingly (to this outsider) been eased into the offense. I look for Wall to be Alcoa's quarterback the rest of the way with Oggs playing quarterback in packages/and being used as a running back/receiver in other packages (with Wall at quarterback). I personally felt like Wall could EVENTUALLY become a player like Feigler was in 2004-2005.

Alcoa has a junior class that is VERY STRONG and from watching them in person the other night I felt like this year would be a very solid team and next year's team with seniors such as Turbyfill, Koko, Crenshaw, Ferguson, Owenby, Loy, Anthony, and Strissel would be a team that would be very similar to last year's great team. This could especially be the case with a quarterback that will be in his second year at the helm (SEE: the difference between Tallent in his first year & second year as Alcoa's starting quarterback).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if we're better than I thought, or if Maryville is not as good as advertised. Either way it's going to be a long night for Loudon!

Im honestly going to say its a little bit of both. Alcoa vs Maryville was leaps and bounds a better team then they were against Cleveland. Maryville is Maryville. They're good and always will be good but some of the talk about being the best team since '98 or having the best O-line ever might be a lil silly. There's lots of O-lines (including previous Maryville teams) Id take over that one.

Im honestly going to say its a little bit of both. Alcoa vs Maryville was leaps and bounds a better team then they were against Cleveland. Maryville is Maryville. They're good and always will be good but some of the talk about being the best team since '98 or having the best O-line ever might be a lil silly. There's lots of O-lines (including previous Maryville teams) Id take over that one.

Now fellers thay (tha Mairvul O-line) mite knot bee tha best evur.....Butt thay wuz good enuff fer our puntur two taik tha nite off....Eye'm moore wurried abowt kickin' extree points.....

And Loud-Un iz inn fer a long nite.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Now fellers thay (tha Mairvul O-line) mite knot bee tha best evur.....Butt thay wuz good enuff fer our puntur two taik tha nite off....Eye'm moore wurried abowt kickin' extree points.....

And Loud-Un iz inn fer a long nite.... :thumb:

Oh no, never said they were bad...Just saying from 2001-2003 there were some young men that Maryville dressed that I would strongly think about taking over any line..Including previous years Alcoa lines and possibly even the 97-98 Rebel lines.