McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

Humboldt. Huntington. Adamsville. Mckenzie is what Dresden needs worry about bc those r teams to beat not Westview. I love our Qb bc he is Westview QB and I trust Coady decisions his record backs that. I can't wait for them to show out and make everybody shut their mouth

I think we have some people posting as Westview supporters who are not Westview supporters. From my experience, we are generally call it like we see it without badmouthing the other team. Humble with the victory, humble with the loss. Go Westview.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched both games---Players said Mckenzie is twice the team and will probably win by 2-3 touchdowns. A lot faster and better coached. The only advantage for Dresden is ...it's at Dresden---shouldn't be too much of a factor though, only 1 kid from Dresden with break away speed #23. #20, #22 and one of the lineman--took some pretty good cheapshots at out QB (the guys watched the film---they got some more years left--so it'll all work itself out :D , except the lineman--he's a senior). The coaches that I spoke to said that Mckenzie played a clean, hard hitting game and should win. A lot of players from D don't like the contact and will "ankle" bite you most of the night. Contain #23 from D and turn #40 and #33 loose on the QB, shouldn't be too much of a problem to completely shut D's offense down.

Ain't a cheap shot if they don't throw a flag.

Dresden did play good defense against you guys, but I thought I was seeing some groin punches on the QB on a couple of occasions when he was on the ground. #22 was really putting on a show for not doing much on the defensive side of the ball. He did throw a good pass to their speedster in the 2nd half. If he is an underclassmen, that'll catch up to him because they are supposed to play again next year. In Jr High, I believe that guy was a running back--but would never want contact..might be a different dude, not sure. I've covered local football (North West Tennessee) for several years, this year OC, Milan and HC are the real deal. WV will bounce back, they are a traditional powerhouse. Dresden did put a little mustard on that win with some of their actions, but those people over there have always kind of acted like that. I remember 3 years ago, they dropped Lake County like a hot potato. Mckenzie is a better all around team and I still say McKenzie by 2 to 3 touchdowns. If it were at Mckenzie, I'd say 3-4 touchdowns. Should be a good game, until kickoff. Look forward to a McKenzie-Huntingdon battle for the district championship.

Dresden hasnt played Lake Co in football in over 8 years. They didnt drop them three years ago. But Westview did drop Dresden in basketball this year.

stavi, watch the second half film of the Dresden/Gibson game this past week and you'll see cheap shot left and right. I know the game was out of reach, but play the game like it is supposed to be played and in between the whistles. You guys are earning a bad reputation for the way you play, not just here in Gibson Co. You can say it's physical play, but I say it's cheap and nasty. Dresden was the same team that head butted a kid of ours 2 ago and knocked him out after his helmet had been knocked off during kickoff return. It was intentional whether you or hogheaven admit it. We saw that on film too.

your so dumb. Dresden has beat westview 4 times in around the last 20 years. WEstview is having a really bad year this year and Dresden is having the best its ever had. And you barely beat Westview.. COngratulations to Dresden on beating a team who is playing horrible this year. Dresden grow up and act like you've beat a team before. WEstview players had made many excuses to the lose. They were embarresed to even be on the field with a team as "horrible" as dresden and dresden even made it a game. Mckenzie will beat dresden easy.. and your saying OC to beat Westview?..I'd love to see Dresden even keep OC from beating them 50-0.. but the best District? Is that why Greenfield and Gleason sent letters around Weakley County begging people to come to their school..HOw can you be the best if you barely have s school.. Hogheaven i can tell your really smart in the sports section. Good luck getting your tail whooped by Mckenzie!

I love westview fans. Next year it will be worse. We did duck Lake county. They are good. Westview is just talent running around blindly. Obion will show you what a real program looks like this week. As for McKenzie, we respect them. Hate them, will bring our best effort, and even think they are a team built from hard work and not just athletes. They didn't make excuses like westview when they lost and didn't turn on a new qb like their fans and players did in martin. You have fun against OBION. They actually looked in shape. :roflol: Come watch the best district clash if you want to see football played. Its not just Mckenzie, Huntingdon, and Dresden....you would lose to these three plus Gleason, West Carroll and Gleason. Skip that boring blow out Friday and come watch a real game of hitting! Sorry, we don't hook up those fancy mist blowing fans for you in dresden because we aren't pampered pretty boys. State??? hahaha we just want to win district. I expect whoever wins this district to compete for state this year.

Aint? what does that even mean.Thats not even a word you ignorant redneck. I'm pretty sure you were looking for the word isn't. The correct way to write the sentence would be. EX: If the referee doesn't throw a flag than it isn't a penalty.

Good Lord people,give it a rest. Ya'll are making all three schools look bad with all this whinning and name calling.Lets just pray for a good injury free game , and may the best team win. And by the way if you dont know what aint means then you for sure AINT from the south.

WTH, I thought this was about Mck vs Dres football. Turning into a Weakley county thread with language barriers.

I saw Dresden beat Wv, wasn't impressed then saw WV beat Mck, wasn't impressed there either. I can gaurantee that the Mck offense that played last week against WV will not show up. Comer will have them playing better this Friday for sure. He was not a happy person after last week. We will be just fine in the hog pen because our defense will keep it under control. Our LB's will take of that side of the ball, and our running game will do the rest.