McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a defensive battle. It is going to come down to who is in better shape down the stretct. I think the team which can sustain drives wins this one. Low scoring. Would not suprise me the team that can get two scores wins.

As for the Rebels, defense I don't believe is an issue. Offensively, what do you say. If the Rebel faithfull will think back, we have lost the opener for the past 3 years all of which were vs. larger schools. However, the offense was not as sluggish. Alot of work for the Rebels to do. Its time for the Seniors to step up and lead and its time for the young guns to grow into top guns.

This is going to be a defensive battle. It is going to come down to who is in better shape down the stretct. I think the team which can sustain drives wins this one. Low scoring. Would not suprise me the team that can get two scores wins.

As for the Rebels, defense I don't believe is an issue. Offensively, what do you say. If the Rebel faithfull will think back, we have lost the opener for the past 3 years all of which were vs. larger schools. However, the offense was not as sluggish. Alot of work for the Rebels to do. Its time for the Seniors to step up and lead and its time for the young guns to grow into top guns.

Drove by the game field and I saw some of our great parents out weed eating and cleaning the football area. Not because they get paid, not because they were asked to.......PRIDE! Love it. Going to be a great atmosphere Friday. Come out and watch an elite program, Mckenzie and a program looking to make that jump! Go Lions! :thumb:

Looks like a great battle of defenses. After what looks like to be a long work week for the Rebels, we will see how the offense has improved. Comer will have a good game plan.

GO REBELS!

THE ROWDY CROWD

Watched both games---Players said Mckenzie is twice the team and will probably win by 2-3 touchdowns. A lot faster and better coached. The only advantage for Dresden is ...it's at Dresden---shouldn't be too much of a factor though, only 1 kid from Dresden with break away speed #23. #20, #22 and one of the lineman--took some pretty good cheapshots at out QB (the guys watched the film---they got some more years left--so it'll all work itself out :D , except the lineman--he's a senior). The coaches that I spoke to said that Mckenzie played a clean, hard hitting game and should win. A lot of players from D don't like the contact and will "ankle" bite you most of the night. Contain #23 from D and turn #40 and #33 loose on the QB, shouldn't be too much of a problem to completely shut D's offense down.

I agree with Chargerfanatic. Dresden plays hard for the most part but just isnt as talented or well coached as McKenzie. Everyone keep in mind Dresden has come into this McKenzie game 2-0 each of the last 2 years and everyone has gotten all hiped up making it out to be more than the game really ever is. Dresden has laid an egg 2 straight years and will again this year. McKenzie will be firing on all cylinders like they always do vs. Dresden and Dresden will get nervous and bow down to the district champs and start turning the ball over and everyone will look up at the score board to see atleast a 3 TD advantage. I do wish the Lions luck and expect them to keep it close for a bit but they are driving a Fiesta in a Nascar race. I will be listening for the score while I'm at the Huntingdon/Bruceton game. To speak of the district championship game how about those Mustangs....that is going to be a great game between Huntingdon (which is where I'm from) and McKenzie. I think we are going to take back the district championship this year. Hog....are you a coach or a dad or...? Do you really think you guys have a chance in this game?

Watched both games---Players said Mckenzie is twice the team and will probably win by 2-3 touchdowns. A lot faster and better coached. The only advantage for Dresden is ...it's at Dresden---shouldn't be too much of a factor though, only 1 kid from Dresden with break away speed #23. #20, #22 and one of the lineman--took some pretty good cheapshots at out QB (the guys watched the film---they got some more years left--so it'll all work itself out :D , except the lineman--he's a senior). The coaches that I spoke to said that Mckenzie played a clean, hard hitting game and should win. A lot of players from D don't like the contact and will "ankle" bite you most of the night. Contain #23 from D and turn #40 and #33 loose on the QB, shouldn't be too much of a problem to completely shut D's offense down.

Dresden did play good defense against you guys, but I thought I was seeing some groin punches on the QB on a couple of occasions when he was on the ground. #22 was really putting on a show for not doing much on the defensive side of the ball. He did throw a good pass to their speedster in the 2nd half. If he is an underclassmen, that'll catch up to him because they are supposed to play again next year. In Jr High, I believe that guy was a running back--but would never want contact..might be a different dude, not sure. I've covered local football (North West Tennessee) for several years, this year OC, Milan and HC are the real deal. WV will bounce back, they are a traditional powerhouse. Dresden did put a little mustard on that win with some of their actions, but those people over there have always kind of acted like that. I remember 3 years ago, they dropped Lake County like a hot potato. Mckenzie is a better all around team and I still say McKenzie by 2 to 3 touchdowns. If it were at Mckenzie, I'd say 3-4 touchdowns. Should be a good game, until kickoff. Look forward to a McKenzie-Huntingdon battle for the district championship.

I love westview fans. Next year it will be worse. We did duck Lake county. They are good. Westview is just talent running around blindly. Obion will show you what a real program looks like this week. As for McKenzie, we respect them. Hate them, will bring our best effort, and even think they are a team built from hard work and not just athletes. They didn't make excuses like westview when they lost and didn't turn on a new qb like their fans and players did in martin. You have fun against OBION. They actually looked in shape. :roflol: Come watch the best district clash if you want to see football played. Its not just Mckenzie, Huntingdon, and Dresden....you would lose to these three plus Gleason, West Carroll and Gleason. Skip that boring blow out Friday and come watch a real game of hitting! Sorry, we don't hook up those fancy mist blowing fans for you in dresden because we aren't pampered pretty boys. State??? hahaha we just want to win district. I expect whoever wins this district to compete for state this year.

I love westview fans. Next year it will be worse. We did duck Lake county. They are good. Westview is just talent running around blindly. Obion will show you what a real program looks like this week. As for McKenzie, we respect them. Hate them, will bring our best effort, and even think they are a team built from hard work and not just athletes. They didn't make excuses like westview when they lost and didn't turn on a new qb like their fans and players did in martin. You have fun against OBION. They actually looked in shape. :roflol: Come watch the best district clash if you want to see football played. Its not just Mckenzie, Huntingdon, and Dresden....you would lose to these three plus Gleason, West Carroll and Gleason. Skip that boring blow out Friday and come watch a real game of hitting! Sorry, we don't hook up those fancy mist blowing fans for you in dresden because we aren't pampered pretty boys. State??? hahaha we just want to win district. I expect whoever wins this district to compete for state this year.

Seriously, dont dump all Westview fans in a pile. I post for westview regularly and i didnt make any excuses. i call it like i see it, and like i saw it that night was nobody played well. not you and not us. everybody who saw the game knows it. we didnt turn on our new qb, but i am not gonna gloss over something that needs work. out offense needs work. period. the difference between a good fan and an obnoxious fan is the ability to be humble with a victory....yes, even a lucky victory. dude, dont get your back up against westview. you arent us, never will be. please.

Seriously, dont dump all Westview fans in a pile. I post for westview regularly and i didnt make any excuses. i call it like i see it, and like i saw it that night was nobody played well. not you and not us. everybody who saw the game knows it. we didnt turn on our new qb, but i am not gonna gloss over something that needs work. out offense needs work. period. the difference between a good fan and an obnoxious fan is the ability to be humble with a victory....yes, even a lucky victory. dude, dont get your back up against westview. you arent us, never will be. please.

Humboldt. Huntington. Adamsville. Mckenzie is what Dresden needs worry about bc those r teams to beat not Westview. I love our Qb bc he is Westview QB and I trust Coady decisions his record backs that. I can't wait for them to show out and make everybody shut their mouth