McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have talkled to my daughter tonight who has my two grandsons playing for Gleason and she did some digging and checking and found out that it waa neither Gleason or Greenfield that sent out those letters. I was sure Noah wouldn't do that.

That letter originated from the Weakley Co. Board of Edu. in an effort to build up the enrollment of those two schools. For many who are used to "big time sports" it's all to easy to say that things like that are to make smaller schools more competitive in sports whem in fact they are efforts to help the small schools in rural NW TN survive. As much as I love high school football I have to admit that there are things in life more important than football to a lot of folks in this area.

3 of my 4 grandkids are in school in Gleason and are all intelligent and well taught. All that without a lot of outside influence. How many can say that?

I am proud of my kids and grandkids involvement in sports but an education is what will serve them well in life. And my grandkids are getting just that at Gleason.

Edited by duckman38201

The letter was sent out from the School Superintendent...but it was because of the problems that Martin and Dresden are having....it wasnt to build up Gleason and Greenfield....it was something that Weakley Co. School system had to do...students had to be given an option...to be able to leave to go to schools that had better graduation rates and less discipline problems...

I dont know of any new students that Greenfield got from this...maybe we did, but I dont know of any.

As posted earlier - It was not the school itself that sent out any letters. It was the county shifting around numbers. It had nothing to do with sports. As for Gleason, we are proud of our players, win or lose. We don't need your souped up grand choice from where ever to go on our team. We may not be the most outstanding team, or the most dazzling team out there but by golly we will hold our own most days so don't go accusing or pointing fingers or bringing us up when we had nothing to do with it. Don't go putting our name out there trying to stir up crap when it was the county doing it, not the school itself if that is even where it originated from. And like posted elsewhere, why even bring it up if it wasn't sports related in the first place? Apparently you are shakin in your boots and trying to cover up the knees knocking. Thats what this all sounds like to me!!!

You go girl!!

The letter was sent out from the School Superintendent...but it was because of the problems that Martin and Dresden are having....it wasnt to build up Gleason and Greenfield....it was something that Weakley Co. School system had to do...students had to be given an option...to be able to leave to go to schools that had better graduation rates and less discipline problems...

I dont know of any new students that Greenfield got from this...maybe we did, but I dont know of any.

Thank you!!!!! Sure Gleason didn't either. Now 007, youi know I'm a Rebel but should also know I have a litter of Bulldogs too. It's a shame that some of the smaller schools have to compete with teams the size of the ones ya'll and Gleason do but we didn't write the rules. I'll defend the 'Jackets and 'Dawgs position to have a football team if they want it as long as I live.

A very good late duck hunting friend of mine coached football at Greenfield and produced some good teams. Fellow by the name of Bill Colwick. Sure someone around there remembers him.

I hope the boys bring some offense this week. Dresden has a real good defense and will be tough. But we have a tough defense too and a better offense in my opinion. People are looking at the westview game as a measuring stick, but you can't compare Cody and Comer to others because their track record speaks for itself. Plus both offenses scored a td against wv. Dresden is up and coming and this would be a hugh win for their program. Saying that, I sure know that coming off a loss our boys and coachiing staff will want to prove to alot of people that we are still the cream of the crop in the district. dresden. If ya would like we would also like you to give us a few turnovers...that would sure be nice.Is there anywhere for a glad's plug in at the hole?

stavi, watch the second half film of the Dresden/Gibson game this past week and you'll see cheap shot left and right. I know the game was out of reach, but play the game like it is supposed to be played and in between the whistles. You guys are earning a bad reputation for the way you play, not just here in Gibson Co. You can say it's physical play, but I say it's cheap and nasty. Dresden was the same team that head butted a kid of ours 2 ago and knocked him out after his helmet had been knocked off during kickoff return. It was intentional whether you or hogheaven admit it. We saw that on film too.

I would like to know where to find the second half that is just full of cheap shots. It would also be nice if the westview fan that corrects everyone's grammar but yet can't spell or put together a sentence of their own would delete his/her account. And yes for a solid month leading up to the game i read several posts where charger fans called Dresden a joke and believed the win was a lock but that game is over and westview can stop worrying about Dresden till next season and go post somewhere else if you just want to post about how much better you think you are. I didn't get to make it to the game last Friday but as a former player and a fan who played under coach hewit since peewee I can assure you he is a great coach who knows the game and in the many years I played under his coaching he never encouraged any dirty play nor did he tolerate it. I love to win and i love physical football but i do not like to see dirty play. As for the game Friday Mckenzie has a great program built on hard work and great coaching. I hope and believe Dresden can get the win but it won't come easy.