McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

Wow! I guess allowing dancing and celebration on opponent field not classy enough. Example Dresden at Riverside and Westview. Now not shaking hands and being called out as a dirty team by Gibson co. You would think losing for so many seasons a team and coach would be humble and gracious to others. Dresden coaches all your doing is putting a big bullseye on your chest for years to come.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I guess allowing dancing and celebration on opponent field not classy enough. Example Dresden at Riverside and Westview. Now not shaking hands and being called out as a dirty team by Gibson co. You would think losing for so many seasons a team and coach would be humble and gracious to others. Dresden coaches all your doing is putting a big bullseye on your chest for years to come.

Gonna have to argue one point here, the word coaches should not be plural its our head man now go back to your AAA threads

I come to these threads bc my kin folk plays for Mckenzie. Truth hurts then do something about it but when y'all r winning Hewitt a hero

Truth is we beat ya'll in your own house and you still ain't recovered from it. The players went around and shook hands after everything calmed down so I don't want to hear anybody blaming them for what happened. Mckenzie has a solid team this year and capitalized on our mistakes which is what good teams will do to you. Hopefully we can get a rematch later this year. Good luck rebels on the rest of your season.

Hunter definitely earned the game ball. Henry Co. still wishes he was there but glad he's here instead. The not shaking hands after the game only reflects on the Dresden coaches. But they have made it clear that they "hate" McKenzie so......... Dresden is a pretty big school with all the consolidation so they need to quit crying and whining and cowboy up.

There is only one team that I can think of that for years I hated to play and they know who they are as do ya'll. But we finally got good enough to beat them and now all is well. This season may be another story but if it is it just gives us something to work toward next season. In athletics if you aren't challenged you aren't getting better.

Is there anywhere I can see stats from the game? I would like to see his stat line from last night. I'm proud of Hunter and have always known he was a player since Pop Warner. I played with his Dad at Henry Co. many years ago.

The Hodges are fine coaches that are responsible for turning that program around. Dresden has always been blessed with good athletes (for most years) and I am glad they aren't a doormat anymore. We are in a down year and it's obvious, but referencing the "Bullseye" comment---a couple of their players did that to their team by their actions in Week 0. There is a payday coming for that and I feel for a couple of them next year, because we got some players who want and will play that way. We have a couple of head hunters on varsity and several in JV and "all" of our biggest hitters are coming back.

That's the difference between teams that are used to it and teams that are not. The ones who are generally on top recognize that the next game may be different and are normally very humble. Not to take anything away or lump all of your team together, you do have a lot of big hearted classy kids and we do wish them the best of luck.

I haven't posted that often on here and I'm from Huntingdon but I heard about the game last night and the aftermath so I read what some of you are writing on here so I had to say something........everyone please remember you are talking about kids. Some kids put their heart and soul into a week of practice and then into the game on Friday night. It means so much to them....as it should. It is some of the best times of their young lives. When a team like Dresden beats a team they really never shouldn't....i.e...Westview...you can bet those kids are going to act excited...as they should. And by the way westview4sho...that is UTM's field...not yours. You may pay Dresden back next year with a win.....but you guys should never lose to Dresden. Dresden is trying to build a program similar to McKenzie and ours. And that is definately not easy. These Dresden kids went on a losing streak of close to 20 games a couple of years ago if I'm not mistaken. As long as they aren't disrespecting the other teams' players and coaches then I feel it is ok to actually show some happiness and excitement after a big win. I heard the refs were terrible at your game and that is unfortunate. Its a shame that they won't just let kids dictate the games instead of a yellow flag. I'm really looking forward to our game with McKenzie and Dresden. Going to be 2 awesome games I bet. Could end in a 3-way tie for district lead when it is all said and done. As for the sportsmanship thing at the end of your game...it's unfortunate but I'm sure it won't happen again. I'm sure Dresden's head coach feels bad about that decision and will apologize and move on....nobody's perfect. I really hope Dresden, McKenzie, and even Westview can win many more games because it only helps strengthen West TN football. I'm tired of middle/east TN teams winning all the championships. McKenzie/Dresden be ready cause we are going to play you tough to the final whistle.

The Hodges are fine coaches that are responsible for turning that program around. Dresden has always been blessed with good athletes (for most years) and I am glad they aren't a doormat anymore. We are in a down year and it's obvious, but referencing the "Bullseye" comment---a couple of their players did that to their team by their actions in Week 0. There is a payday coming for that and I feel for a couple of them next year, because we got some players who want and will play that way. We have a couple of head hunters on varsity and several in JV and "all" of our biggest hitters are coming back.

That's the difference between teams that are used to it and teams that are not. The ones who are generally on top recognize that the next game may be different and are normally very humble. Not to take anything away or lump all of your team together, you do have a lot of big hearted classy kids and we do wish them the best of luck.

It's amazing to me that you keep talking about revenge for "cheap shots" from the lions. When you can watch the film and see your QB push one of the kids your going to send your big hitters after next year in the back three times before he returns the push. You need to learn to take your butt kickin just like Dresden will learn to take the one they took last night. It's a game and if my child intentially trys to hurt someone, if the coach doesn't take care of him I promise you I will when we get home.

I won't comment about a lot more from last night now but will say that Hewitt did set a very bad example for the future of this rivalry. The Rebels came in and played with intensity as did the Lions. Officials sucked. No need to mar the game with an act like that. Our youth need good examples to live up to.

I've been on coachT a long time now and in that time McKenzie has always been a gracious winner and a gracious loser. There will always be that one % that cause problems but overall, it's all good. In the south, High School football is a huge thing to all of us. It shouldn't be taken that personal by Hewitt towards the Rebels though. Had the Rebels lost last night we would have said nothing different since the game.

Our situation is pretty messed up since the winner of our game is in the playoffs and the loser has to wildcard in. Football wise it seems like we live in a time warp or something.

Don't worry though, we know it's only a handful that throw out the dissention and heck, I only got a few whiffs of the pig parlor so life is good.

Even though a handshake apparently did happen, it shouldn't have been dragged out.

Edited by duckman38201