McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

Both defenses played very well. It was an offensive holocost though.

I'm not sure but I THINK fans on both sides of the field will agree that the officiating crew at our game was probably as bad as I've ever seen and I've seen a bunch of 'em over the years.

Good luck the rest of the season Lions. Ya'll have a solid looking team but the turnovers killed them tonight. Most were forced fumbles but still the kids have to protect the ball. We have a little issue with that ourselves.

I try not to say anything about officiating crew but that was by far the worse crew I have ever seen. Dresden is a good team and I hope they win out the regular season. Reb defense won the game tonight although I will say the Offence played at least a step up from last Friday, still along way to go.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt the worst officiated game I have seen.The main ref was terrible and the side judge on our side was terrible as well. They were terrible both ways too I don't want people to think they tried to cheat or decide the game because an official never wins or loses a game but they sure can kill a flow of the game. Dresden's D is stout, probably the best Dresden team in a while including last year's team.If they take care of the ball they will be tough to beat. hats off on a well played game. Mckenzie's D is awesome too still some more work to do on O and have to take care of the ball but a good win tonight. Lets get ready for Trenton next week and get better every game.

We need to learn each week and get better each week and we will be alright.. I agree our offense was some better than week 1. we still got some things to work on especially blocking.. It is hard to replace what we had last year and we are all seeing that including me now.. Dresden had a pretty good team, i just dont understand not shaking hands.. They shouldnt be mad cause we beat them, they should be used to it by now.. Dresden will win several more games this year and good luck to them.. Great game to several different players but i would give game ball to HUNTER LOWE.. offensively and defensively..

What do you think? I believe this is going to be a war. Look forward to this all year! :popcorneater:

Well, here is my take. You were right when you said it was going to be a war. That was a pretty physical game on both sides. Dresden has a very good defense like us and both suffer on offense. The Lions have come a long way the past several years, including the hog pen. That was a great atmosphere for high school football. Great to see the support coming back out to watch your Lions, means a lot to those kids that work hard all year long. You'll win several more ballgames, that's for sure. My only issue tonight with the Lions was at the end when they showed a lack of sportsmanship at midfield. That was pretty lousy of the coach calling his kids to the sideline for the after game huddle with the Rebels lined up at midfield to shake hands. He will get no respect with that kind of attitude. Homer needs to take look around and show respect regardless of the win or loss. Fine example he is showing his team, enough said about that.

Rebels, defense was tough again but leaning on them is going to eventually takes it toll. Offense showed some signs of improvement but like others have said, needs a lot more work. Hard work is starting to show so keep it up. I to would give Hunter the game ball tonight. Kid played with a lot of heart and never gave in. Great job #27.

One last thing for the Lions, #86-son your a ballplayer. I give him much props for his game and his sportsmanship. Maybe the coach should take a leason or two from him. I sure hope he is OK after taking that lick. I sure hated to see him injuried and on the sideline. To me, that was a big turning point of the game. But again, great young man you have playing over there.

Refs, only thing I can say is "pathetic". When you have such lousy officials that could very well change an outcome by the way they make calls is a shame. Seems to me that every year gets worse. Those tonight got their license in crackerjack box. Crying shame is all I can say.

We need to learn each week and get better each week and we will be alright.. I agree our offense was some better than week 1. we still got some things to work on especially blocking.. It is hard to replace what we had last year and we are all seeing that including me now.. Dresden had a pretty good team, i just dont understand not shaking hands.. They shouldnt be mad cause we beat them, they should be used to it by now.. Dresden will win several more games this year and good luck to them.. Great game to several different players but i would give game ball to HUNTER LOWE.. offensively and defensively..

Hunter definitely earned the game ball. Henry Co. still wishes he was there but glad he's here instead. The not shaking hands after the game only reflects on the Dresden coaches. But they have made it clear that they "hate" McKenzie so......... Dresden is a pretty big school with all the consolidation so they need to quit crying and whining and cowboy up.

There is only one team that I can think of that for years I hated to play and they know who they are as do ya'll. But we finally got good enough to beat them and now all is well. This season may be another story but if it is it just gives us something to work toward next season. In athletics if you aren't challenged you aren't getting better.

Good game rebs. Hope to see you again this year. Hope the injured kid is okay. Never heard at the game.

hogheaven, guess all our kids got out of the fray ok. We did have a couple kinda dinged up but the worst of them that we knew was the kid that had the pic 6 at the end so he's prolly not so bad. Hope all ya'lls guys are OK too.......it was a war as predicted.

All the best to the Lions the rest of the way and would be good with meetim' up with ya'll in the second season. That's when it gets really real!!!!!!!

No excuses. McKenzie wins. Congratulations to the Rebel Nation. I hope we see each other again before the season is finished. You can't eaven beat a bad team with that many turnovers. Both teams played well and may have a good record before the end of the season. Both offenses need some serious work. Closest game in many years for DHS. If we can't have the win, we will take the major step forward in being competitive for our program. Hate the loss, but it is a long season. Good luck Rebs until we meet again. You have a great program.

Hunter definitely earned the game ball. Henry Co. still wishes he was there but glad he's here instead. The not shaking hands after the game only reflects on the Dresden coaches. But they have made it clear that they "hate" McKenzie so......... Dresden is a pretty big school with all the consolidation so they need to quit crying and whining and cowboy up.

There is only one team that I can think of that for years I hated to play and they know who they are as do ya'll. But we finally got good enough to beat them and now all is well. This season may be another story but if it is it just gives us something to work toward next season. In athletics if you aren't challenged you aren't getting better.

Don't really understand the hate McKenzie mentality, Dresden always plays the Rebs hard. Everyone knew going in that this was going to be a slobber knocker. Not finish the game with a handshake seems to be sending the wrong message. Congrats to the Lions on another scrappy football game and good luck the rest of regular season. Leave on the field

No excuses. McKenzie wins. Congratulations to the Rebel Nation. I hope we see each other again before the season is finished. You can't eaven beat a bad team with that many turnovers. Both teams played well and may have a good record before the end of the season. Both offenses need some serious work. Closest game in many years for DHS. If we can't have the win, we will take the major step forward in being competitive for our program. Hate the loss, but it is a long season. Good luck Rebs until we meet again. You have a great program.

Good post, and we're both in the same boat for now. I have no problem playing the Lions again this season. It will be a good one most likely. We both have the same issues to deal with and it's up to our coaches to get that fixed. Tonight was a true stepping stone to see where we are both at and it looked pretty even to me. Hope I never see those officials again though. They were pathetic. We could have gotten a pick-up crew out of the stands that could have beaten that bunch of morons.

Dresden has a really promsing bunch of players to build on. Your program is taking shape to be a force to deal with. Somehow I think both of us are getting the shaft from TSSAA. Who ever wins our game is in the playoffs and whoever loses has to wildcard in. That sucks!!!!! Even last season, Dresden was better than some teams that made it in but........

If ya'll can't tell....I'm not a fan of the system. Let Murphy Fair decide who goes to the playoffs!!! He's pretty accurate IMO.

If done that way you better be a dang good 3-7 team to get in!!! Enjoyed the game and only got the hog aroma a few times but it wasn't too bad. Thanks for the flowers and spray. Fire Truck and Ambulance were a nice surprise. Ya'll are startin' to catch the fever. Great atmosphere tonight. Coaches might need to lighten up a little. Too much intensity for these kids.

Refs, only thing I can say is "pathetic". When you have such lousy officials that could very well change an outcome by the way they make calls is a shame. Seems to me that every year gets worse. Those tonight got their license in crackerjack box. Crying shame is all I can say.

Sounds as if y'all had the same refs Dyer County had last week...DC 155 yds of pentalies in most inopportune against the Choctaws cost them the game to 65 Lberty..DC had 15 yrds 1st game and 10 tonite ; its evident they are very well disciplined team..refs should never be the deciding factor..sorry to intervene on your thread

best of luck rest of the season for both teams and hope the lions #86 is fine

First I would like to apologize for our head coachs actions after the game.Please dont judge the rest of us by his actions.Its time he turns it over to the hodge brothers , everyone knows they are the ones running the team anyway.As for the refs, thats about as bad as I have ever seen, both teams had terrible calls good luck rebs the rest of the way hope we can meet again.