McKenzie @ Dresden

hogheaven

your so dumb. Dresden has beat westview 4 times in around the last 20 years. WEstview is having a really bad year this year and Dresden is having the best its ever had. And you barely beat Westview.. COngratulations to Dresden on beating a team who is playing horrible this year. Dresden grow up and act like you've beat a team before. WEstview players had made many excuses to the lose. They were embarresed to even be on the field with a team as "horrible" as dresden and dresden even made it a game. Mckenzie will beat dresden easy.. and your saying OC to beat Westview?..I'd love to see Dresden even keep OC from beating them 50-0.. but the best District? Is that why Greenfield and Gleason sent letters around Weakley County begging people to come to their school..HOw can you be the best if you barely have s school.. Hogheaven i can tell your really smart in the sports section. Good luck getting your tail whooped by Mckenzie!

So you think those letters were sent to make the sports teams at Greenfield better? :roflol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stavi, watch the second half film of the Dresden/Gibson game this past week and you'll see cheap shot left and right. I know the game was out of reach, but play the game like it is supposed to be played and in between the whistles. You guys are earning a bad reputation for the way you play, not just here in Gibson Co. You can say it's physical play, but I say it's cheap and nasty. Dresden was the same team that head butted a kid of ours 2 ago and knocked him out after his helmet had been knocked off during kickoff return. It was intentional whether you or hogheaven admit it. We saw that on film too.

Someone did tell me that Dresden had a few cheap shots in a scrimmage against South Fulton, but I wasn't at the game, so that might not be accurate. Dresden has always been a really agressive team, though.

Edited by OKCthunder11

Sorry for cheap shots. Hope its clean, hard hitting game. Dresden played their second string midway through the 3rd quarter on offense. I felt coach hewett was very classy in that respect. We are physical on defense. Its attitude of the town. We do have our "rednecks" here, and we respect their rights to be here. I didn't know gleason and greenfield were begging for students, I hear they have good schools and should advertise. I love this district...I brag on it.. and will continue to do so. If I wasn't from dresden I would pick westview and mckenzie to beat us, but knowing this team and seeing them work all year, I can't do that. We can play with anyone on a good night. I invite you all to come Friday and meet some of the nicest (not all) people in the area. Been here for a few years and I haven't locked my doors once. Fairly hard working, honest folk. Hope we give you a good game for your five bucks! The rest of the talk usually for fun...so please keep that in mind before you get too over the top. We are all football fans! :thumb:

Good Lord people,give it a rest. Ya'll are making all three schools look bad with all this whinning and name calling.Lets just pray for a good injury free game , and may the best team win. And by the way if you dont know what aint means then you for sure AINT from the south.

I agree with you about the injury free game..but,I'm sorry. I didn't realize you could be from the south and not be well educated. Typical Redneck

So you think those letters were sent to make the sports teams at Greenfield better? :roflol:

no, i was saying that their district isn't the best in football if the schools in their district have to send out letts because they are hardly making it... Greenfield its self is not a football school. They are a baseball school and they are very good at it.

You parents/fans....supposedly adults need to keep in mind that these are kids that you're calling out by numbers. The Lions are working hard every day just like the "mighty" Chargers and McKenzie Rebels to have a winning team. Keep pressing on boys and let their smack talk be your motivation EVERY Friday night to play your hardest and have no regrets. I hope McKenzie does consider this an easy game because Westview also said that their first two games were going to be their warm up games. At least they got one right. LMBO.

hog, you guys have a talented young team, there's no doubt about it. I'm just seeing a trend with these Dresden teams since Coach Hewett has been there. I played against Dresden when I was in HS (against Matt Vallee and the Hewett RB). Dresden was a very good and well respected team then. They played hard and played between the whistles. Over these past few years, you guys are just earning a bad rep for yourselves and it seems it's not only me complaining. There is video on the internet of the second half of this game when the cheap shots really started to come into the game. I'm talking, the first and second plays of the second half. It was starters that were doing the cheap shotting too.

no, i was saying that their district isn't the best in football if the schools in their district have to send out letts because they are hardly making it... Greenfield its self is not a football school. They are a baseball school and they are very good at it.

But you do realize that those schools did not send out the letter. The county had to because the state makes each school district send out that letter if a school did not have a good graduation rate. This past year, i think the letter said westview and dresden fell in that category. So they were given the option to go to a different school in the county. It has nothing to do with sports. :mellow:

Don't know about the cheap shots but I know our guys won't sit there and take it, hopefully this is just sour grapes from a few.The rebel O has to get it together if they can score they will be tough to handle. The westview game was our first and no matter how many practices or scrimmages you have there is still something different about friday nights. Hopefully we see some leaps and bounds made this week. I am sure Dresden would love to knock us off and start 3-0.I could be wrong but I don't see us starting 0-2. Don't worry guys we are behind you. Get to the field this week practice hard, listen to the coaches and come friday night lets play with a chip on our shoulder. R.P.O.D

hog, you guys have a talented young team, there's no doubt about it. I'm just seeing a trend with these Dresden teams since Coach Hewett has been there. I played against Dresden when I was in HS (against Matt Vallee and the Hewett RB). Dresden was a very good and well respected team then. They played hard and played between the whistles. Over these past few years, you guys are just earning a bad rep for yourselves and it seems it's not only me complaining. There is video on the internet of the second half of this game when the cheap shots really started to come into the game. I'm talking, the first and second plays of the second half. It was starters that were doing the cheap shotting too.

I saw number 22 for you try to rip a helmet off on a tackle and hit late 3 times in the second half while our 2nd teamers were in. Although, I call that aggressive football and am proud he hadn't quit and let up. he wasn't going low, or poking in the eye, or twisting ankles...just hard nose mean football. There is a line, but that line is different for different folks. I don't like the injury shots, but if someone doesn't have their head on a swivel...well, wake up time. Its part of the game. I pray the lions don't go past the line of injuring someone, but hope they beat them black and blue all night. was raised watching raiders, steelers, dallas, and sadly...even the niners and they played with an edge. If that is our rep, okay. We "ain't" fast enough or talented enough to just run around people or dodge them. We have to go through them. FOOTBALL is not for pansies!