2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

I will bet you the farm superdave that both North Greene and Cloudland will be playing in the state tournament this year. Do a little research before you get to trigger happy on the keyboard. North Greene has everybody back off of last years state runner up team for the exception of Maria Britten who will be heavily missed. As for Cloudland they have every starter back from last year who got beat in the regional semi-finals, but got a 6'2 D1 transfer that I hear is probably one of the top 20 players in the state of Tennessee as a Junior.At the end of the day you shall see I am right. :rolleyes:

Edited by CaptainBillyTyne

I will bet you the farm superdave that both North Greene and Cloudland will be playing in the state tournament this year. Do a little research before you get to trigger happy on the keyboard. North Greene has everybody back off of last years state runner up team for the exception of Maria Britten who will be heavily missed. As for Cloudland they have every starter back from last year who got beat in the regional semi-finals, but got a 6'2 D1 transfer that I hear is probably one of the top 20 players in the state of Tennessee as a Junior.At the end of the day you shall see I am right. :rolleyes:

I do believe that Upper East Tn will have a state champ this season. I feel like Cloudland could win it all due to their recruiting ability that TSSAA will not police. Also NG is a good team on paper and could be good, but they did graduate 4 Seniors last season. All I was saying is that Oakdale was the best team in East TN last year and got upset. As for this year on the state tournament ability I think Upper East Tn has a leg up.

Jr. and Sr. should beat Fr. and Soph.

But you better get 4A this year!

Oakdale will be rebuilding some next year but Will return this years 2A MVP and a really sound Soph. group.

Wartburg's roster is made up of 2/3 Fr. and Soph.

Oneida has a great group of Fr. and a new coach - will take time to get them rolling again (but it's coming)

O.S. has an equally impressive Fr. class, and a coach that's won a bazillion region and district tournaments, not to mention sub-states.

These 4 teams in 2012, 2013, 2014 will be fighting it out for two sub-state spots! and I would expect both sub-staters to go to the boro

Also, there is always Tellico Pl. from dist. 3A when they get their act together in regionals are as good as anyone. We beat them in the region a couple of years ago and that was as good a team as I've seen in a while.(upset)

Edited by superdaveosborne

As always this district is the most exciting and always a close race to see who comes out on top. In my opinion this is how I see the teams this year. In no special order...

Sunbright finally is getting who and what they need for the program. Although I did not see them this summer they should start to hold their own especially within the next few years depending on talent they get. Widick and the Williams twins, if they are playing, should keep the team afloat if they can keep the team together.

Wartburg, like always, has a good coaching staff and the team always seems to have plenty of chemistry which takes teams farther then what most people think. Kidd, Davidson, and Lowe are the only few that pop into my head at the time but I do know this team has great potential this year. Also Laughter has some potential this year to take over a game. I seen them only a few times in the summer and seem to be doing fairly fine and if I am correct have a good working freshmen class but, since they are freshmen, will they be ready come district play?

Jellico had one or two talented kids last year but didn't know what to do with them. Are they still there?

Oliver Springs seemed to be doing fine in the summer when I did see them. Although they lost 5 seniors last year they will do just fine. Last year they went without Harvey most of the time and the big post player that graduated will not affect the team in my eyes. They have Martin and Christopher to replace and I think they are very very well capable of picking up the slack. Then, you have Ball and Carter for guards. I think they have big potential also this year if they can keep in together. They also have a good freshmen class including twins that have GREAT potential but like Wartburg will they be able to carry their own in district play. How good will Christopher Ball and even Carter be this year now that all the pressure is on them?

Coalfield only has one player, Hamby. They lost way too much last year, to be the same type of team they have been the last few years, this year. They usually are in the top 3 teams of the district but I will be surprised to see how well the Coach does with them this year. The Coach is good so I am excited to see what she does with them this year. How will Hamby pull the team this year considering she has quite large shoes to fill?

Oakdale has good players and coaches like the past years but I have heard they are struggling to stay a team now that McGill and Snow have left. Of course Kilby, Redman, and Thompson are great players but in the summer they seemed to be struggling to put their talents together.

Oneidea will struggle some in my opinion because of the lost of Bond Love and the point guard. I do think that Yaden will come alive this year but am not sure about the others.

What are your opinions?

In defense of Captain I will back up his opinion and yours both superdave. I got word from a spectator that told me Oakdale was heads and shoulders above Cosby in last years sectional.

I actually got to see Oakdale play twice last year while doing some recruting for the AAU circuit and I thought they was a very good basketball team and very well coached.

Now in Captains defense he is is pretty much dead on,I dont know about betting the farm but I do know that Cloudland is loaded loaded loaded,as is North Greene.

As I said in one of my previous posts Cloudland returns every player back from last year including a good Sophmore guard named Courtney Clarke who I believe plays with team hustle out of Knoxville,and a 5'11 post/guard Courtney Wilson who is very capable of being a good D2/NAIA type of player. Rhodes 6'2 is deffinitely a D1 calibur type of player and in my opinion a top 20 player in the state who is a very fierce competitor and wants to win. Very high profile scorer/rebounder. She's capable of putting up big numbers night in and night out and this goes from competition from A to AAA she is that kind of player.

North Greene returns all 5 starters back for the exception of the Britton girl,but they have 2 kids back Laken Morrow and Mindy Mcneese in my opinion are gonna be 2 Mid Major type of players by the time they graduate. Mr Buchannan does a good job with the kids he has playing for him,which I think he is probably one of the most underrated coaches in East Tennessee.

As for the recruiting comment theres no players family in her position with her being recruited like she is and known about across the state going to illegaly transfer if thats what you are refurring to. If it's something else please enlighten

me.

Dont pay no mind to superdave he is more than likely some dumb hick from Oakdale who clearly know's the slightest thing about basketball. Cloudland and North Greene are by far the best 2 teams out of both regions period. I dont know anything about this transfer they have except for the fact I heard from a source that she could the best player in East Tennessee. Having that being said I do know that Cloudland returns 4 very good seniors two of them being good role players,Along with 2 stud sophmores Clarke and Wilson. IMO they are clearly favored in single A to go deep along with North Greene and their 2 stand out players Morrow and Mcneese.

I mean Oakdale is not as good as advertised I saw that last year. I mean you got beat by Cosby on your own home floor and Cosby was a "decent" girls basketball team.But its basically like CaptainBillyTyne said when you see North Greene or Cloudland play which if you are as good as you say your girls are you will be seeing one of the two in a substate game your going to get a reality check pretty dang quick. :thumb:

Edited by 3Dgymnasium

Just like I thought this guy has no clue about basketball proven point coming from you superdave and I quote part of your last post."Also NG is a good team on paper and could be good, but they did graduate 4 Seniors last season"

If I recall they started the Morrow girl who is a Junior this year the Mcneese girl who is a Sophmore this year, the Taylor kid who is a Senior this year, the good guard Britton who graduated and another guard who returns this year and they only played 2 kids off of the bench if I am not mistaken. So how bout you get your facts strait before you make another false statement. Or just keep making yourself look like an idiot :lol:

Thanks for the backup 3D maybe this guy will throw the towel in now.

NG isn't unbeatable. They bounced back nicely last year from their chokefest in their previous state tourney, but without britton I'm not sure they'll be in the substate.

It is true I am an Oakdale boy, but I find it really funny someone from the center of hickville that is North Greene. I'd rather lose every game at oakdale than have to go to that god forsaken place and win em all. This will be argued by players on the court. Lots of time between now and sub-state anyway.

We return 3 exceptional players and an excellent coach that has class. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over the sub-state this time of year.

I hope we play cloudland and NG at some point this year

I don't remember 4A trolling around on their message boards when O.S. was killing them or when we beat them to go to the state, or when Wartburg beat them to go to the state. Hope they enjoy this now because when O.S. and Wartburg's Freshmen grow up they may be singing a different tune.

I hate Wartburg, but they can on a given night play with anyone. They beat us last year in the 4A tournament and we were better at all 5 spots. If you draw them in a sub-state and they come ready to play they could put 80 up on you and send you home. The way they play they could score 75 or 35 points. Lots of 3's and fast!

Oakdale is the anti-wartburg they will make you play their game and beat you at the FT line. I echo Dave in saying that Oakdale should've been in the state last year! You guys in upper east tn enjoy the next 2 because the power will shift back to this region and 4A in particular. Once Oneida gets their game back you will have 3-4 very nice teams in 4A!

Oh yeah, and Shut up! The teams on the floor will settle this!

Thats funny :roflol: region 1's top 3 teams would mop the floor with any team 4A put on the floor period. I will give OS credit they did have a stretch where they was phenominal when Christopher and Hall was there dont get me wrong,But I know for a fact this years North Greene and Cloudland and last years North Greene team that made it to the state semi-finals is way better than that OS team.

And yea Wartburg might be able to beat anybody on any given night in district 4A but they wont hear the gun go off against North Greene or Cloudland. Them and Oakdale both play crap teams and Oakdale got beat by a crap team on their own home floor in their Substate game so dont give me this crap about how good Chokedale Wartburg and all these other are because im not buying it. I hope Chokedale loads up that cupcake schedule and them or Wartburg Has to roll into Baylenton or Roan Mountain you will see real some real basketball is played. :lol: