2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

I think it will be a good night of basketball all around, I think the girls game will be a battle, to see whose style dictates the game, I look for Wartburg to reconcile what happened at OS, I think OS, has been skating by, but should be an interesting match up none the less, Coach Michelle Christopher and Coach Jason Davis both have been in the bull ring before, I would have to give edge to Bulldogs coach, in game strategy,. But Michelle's kids play hard, and play for pride of what their program means. So should be tough game. I think Wartburg boys will be waiting on OS this time, they haven't lost since over their, Fountain has been on a mission as of late, they have good team chemistry all around, they know when and where to go when they need buckets and stops! boys win big!

She is fine nothing to worry about

yeah Jellico girls gave OS a good game it wasnt a blow out like the first game at OS.. which nobody has came in and beat Jellico girls on their home floor more than 25 other than oakdale like the first game of season OD won by 26 but since then they are improving every game and no one ever gives these girls the credit they deserve... they have everyone back next yr. except 1 and she has been out hurt most of the season. they have 1sr. 3jr. 4so. and 2fr. so i think they will be better next yr. because these girls knows what it feels like to lose. they will know what it feels like to win.. i think their coach is doing a great job rebuilding this team... it takes time to do this. they have went into overtime with two or three of these top rank teams so what does that say for them. wartburg and Oneida beat them by 12, OS by 17, and Coalfield by 6

Edited by twtyluvsjesus1

yeah jellico gave OS a good game it wasnt a blow out like the first game at OS.. which nobody has came in and beat Jellico girls on their home floor more than 25.. they are improving every game and no one ever gives these girls the credit they deserve... they have everyone back next yr. except 1 and she has been out hurt most of the season. they have 1sr. 3jr. 4so. and 2fr. so i think they will be better next yr. because these girls knows what it feels like to lose. they will know what it feels like to win.. i think their coach is doing a great job rebuilding this team... it takes time to do this. they have went into overtime with two or three of these top rank teams so what does that say for them. wartburg only beat them by 12.

My post was talking about the point guard that went down (with an ankle) in that game, wasn't talking about the Jellico's team, coaches or players. They play hard and you never know they may supprise team in the tournament,this district is up for grabs and tomorrow nights game at Wartburg will go along way toward deciding it. Still way to many games left to make that call right now.

My post was talking about the point guard that went down (with an ankle) in that game, wasn't talking about the Jellico's team, coaches or players. They play hard and you never know they may supprise team in the tournament,this district is up for grabs and tomorrow nights game at Wartburg will go along way toward deciding it. Still way to many games left to make that call right now.

yeah i know but no one ever gives jellico girls credit for the improvement they made though the yr. we always praise the winners of games and the top ranked teams... and the lower ranked teams gets nothing said about them so i just felt it should be said...if i knew anything about the other lower ranked teams i would metion them to this is a hard district all these girls are good ballplayers and deserve to be praised for the hard work they do.

yeah i know but no one ever gives jellico girls credit for the improvement they made though the yr. we always praise the winners of games and the top ranked teams... and the lower ranked teams gets nothing said about them so i just felt it should be said...if i knew anything about the other lower ranked teams i would mention them to this is a hard district all these girls are good ballplayers and deserve to be praised for the hard work they do.

Improvement would be a WIN!!! not chipping score down and They have began the hack a shaq ploy which is why they stay close in games. just fouling aint basketball, and it aint being rough, I know.

Improvement would be a WIN!!! not chipping score down and They have began the hack a shaq ploy which is why they stay close in games. just fouling aint basketball, and it aint being rough, I know.

Jellico playing close with wartburg when the starters only played a little over 1/2 the game. is laughable and I'm sure they played better against OS as well, but Wartburg has a Soph and 2 Freshmen playing as does every other team in 4A. If everyone from the other teams graduated it would be different, but they don't. Jellico didn't seem to do anything but foul and play dirty when we were up there. In a tournament you cant get away with for instance pinching opposing players during free-throws. We will see what they have because they are going to get wartburg or os in a tournament and both won't be playing to get healthy or rest for the next game. They will be playing to win!

It's kinda like this sometimes returning a bunch of players isn't always a good thing. However, I think teams will have to actually plan to play jellico next year so that is some improvement.

I will take Wartburg Girls in this one. What does everyone think about the Oakdale at Oneida matchup?

It's hard to go against OD with that small gym, they like to slow the game down and play their kind of ball on their floor, you can't make em run. BUT...without Thompson, I'm going with Oneida.

It's hard to go against OD with that small gym, they like to slow the game down and play their kind of ball on their floor, you can't make em run. BUT...without Thompson, I'm going with Oneida.

Oakdale goes to Onieda! Im going with Oakdale 41-39

OS. goes to Wartburg! Im going with OS 52-44

I think both road teams win tonight and we have a really interesting traffic jam at the top.

Wartburg isn't good like I thought they would be. Don't really have the strength of freshmen I thought they would. The Fr. guards got beat by Sunbright 16-2 in the 4th quarter. So they're not all that deep!

Oakdale will be better at tournament time and may slide in to 2nd place with a win over wartburg tuesday.

OS will win the district outright!

I have no problem seeing wartburg drop their last 2 games in 4A and fall to 3rd place.

Granted my team isn't going to be there, but it would be nice to see it as more than a 2 team race!