CAK vs Grace

Govolsknox

CAK travels to Grace this Friday to take on the Rams. This should be a great match up between 2 unbeaten teams. Grace has pulled the upset against 3 larger schools and seems to be clicking on all cylinders. CAK has been playing good football as well with 1200 plus yards of offense in 3 games and averaging around 50 points per game. How will this one play out?

Edited by Govolsknox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great game! I think CAK offense will be to powerful for grace to hang around for the whole game.. It will be very competitive for 3 quarters and i see CAK outscoring grace! I dont think grace can match CAK score for score and that will be the difference in a high scoring game

I completely agree. CAK's lack of experience on Defense will show more in this game than in the previous 3. CAK is going to struggle throughout the game, especially on D. But, CAK offense is too much for the rams. CAK 42 GCA 31.

I completely agree. CAK's lack of experience on Defense will show more in this game than in the previous 3. CAK is going to struggle throughout the game, especially on D. But, CAK offense is too much for the rams. CAK 42 GCA 31.

You think Grace can score that many points?

How did the scores from Grace against AC conpare to CAK against AC? :huh:

It will be good to see our secondary go against the air attack of CAK. We have some athletes back there, but....we need to really tighten up the coverage this week. Anderson County had a few successful completions and our guys were able to hang tough against them. Completely different caliber of athletes coming this week. CAK will throw it all night long, hope we can keep up. This should be a good game for both schools, regardless of the outcome. You guys are averaging over 400 yds per game, how much of the 400+ yds comes on the ground?

This is going to be a good one. Grace has a very good team and so does CAK. Both teams will be ready, no need for pep talks. Most likely the Rams will try to control the clock and shorten the game. The Warriors will try to score quickly and often. Neither team will hold back, so if there are trick plays in the play book most likely they will be used. I don't really have a score prediction but I do expect CAK to prevail in a hard fought game. Like the other posters I just think the CAK offense will prove to strong for Grace to contain. But of course turnovers and key penalties can certainly help a defense. Speaking of that, the CAK defense will need some help as well. Grace has an effective run game that is capable of long, clock consuming drives and the Warrior's defensive inexperience is well documented. The Rams also are multiple in their O sets and are capable of throwing the ball some. So, I expect it to be a long, tough night for both defensive units. Both teams have about the same number of players with Grace having the more veteran team. But several of the Ram players go both ways and only 1 or 2 of the Warrior players sees any action on both sides of the ball, and none as a starter, so CAK should be a bit fresher in the 4th qtr.

Hope this game is played cleanly and injury free. Go Warriors.

It will be good to see our secondary go against the air attack of CAK. We have some athletes back there, but....we need to really tighten up the coverage this week. Anderson County had a few successful completions and our guys were able to hang tough against them. Completely different caliber of athletes coming this week. CAK will throw it all night long, hope we can keep up. This should be a good game for both schools, regardless of the outcome. You guys are averaging over 400 yds per game, how much of the 400+ yds comes on the ground?

Very little, ha. My guess would be around 50-60 yards of rushing per game. Coach Bradley does not try to be deceptive, so its no secret to say CAK will be in 3 and 4 wide sets every play and throwing the football. Of course there will be the occasional run play mixed in, but expect it to be raining footballs when CAK is on offense. I usually try to down play things on our side just a bit, but its very hard for me to down play how good the CAK receivers are. They may very well be the best receiving corp from top to bottom of any team, any classification in the state.

You think Grace can score that many points?

How did the scores from Grace against AC conpare to CAK against AC? :huh:

Hey BC, I hope not. BUT, Stone scored 21pts against our first D and Grace has a much better Offense than Stone. Stone has a bigger offensive line but the wingT did confuse our inexperienced guys on defense. Of course we were resting a couple of guys to get healthy for the Grace game, but still, we gave up way too many yards and points.

Grace beat AC 21-20, CAK beat AC 47 -28 (1 score against our JV)

Very little, ha. My guess would be around 50-60 yards of rushing per game. Coach Bradley does not try to be deceptive, so its no secret to say CAK will be in 3 and 4 wide sets every play and throwing the football. Of course there will be the occasional run play mixed in, but expect it to be raining footballs when CAK is on offense. I usually try to down play things on our side just a bit, but its very hard for me to down play how good the CAK receivers are. They may very well be the best receiving corp from top to bottom of any team, any classification in the state.

looks like the field may be very wet this week, if CAK doesnt run often may effect the outcome tho I expect CAK to win !!

How does Grace's running game compare to the past two years? better? worse? also, both coaching staffs have to be getting familiar with the other teams play sets after 3 years of film and such. Does anyone see that playing a factor into this? Will Coach Bradely have to develop some new plays to throw at Grace? will the CAK defense have some new packages to stop Grace's offensive scheme? This should be a fun one. CANT WAIT :hungry:

looks like the field may be very wet this week, if CAK doesnt run often may effect the outcome tho I expect CAK to win !!

That is a reasonable thought, but I've been amazed over the years how CAK has handled wet, rainy conditions as far as their passing game goes. Here is another thought: the receivers know where they are going but the DB's do not. The footing may be a bigger factor for them than the receivers. Coach Bradley has at least 20+ game balls for every game along with a ball dryer to help keep the balls in decent condition. He is meticulous about things like that. But I do believe poor weather conditions will hamper, but not defeat, our passing game just a bit.

How does Grace's running game compare to the past two years? better? worse? also, both coaching staffs have to be getting familiar with the other teams play sets after 3 years of film and such. Does anyone see that playing a factor into this? Will Coach Bradely have to develop some new plays to throw at Grace? will the CAK defense have some new packages to stop Grace's offensive scheme? This should be a fun one. CANT WAIT :hungry:

I would say the run game at Grace is about what it has been. They will run a heavy dose of wingT styled plays and then mix in some shotgun and spread formations and throw the ball. They are more of a ball control offense than a big play offense in my opinion. They have the occasional trick play and #4 is a threat in open space, but its pretty much the same Grace offense that you were use to facing. Biggest difference to me is that they have a QB that has enough arm to throw the deep ball. He is young and thin and still developing but he is capable of making some plays. It really will come down to whether or not CAK's defense can limit Grace from too many of those grinding,long, clock chewing scoring drives. For the Warriors to be able to do that the defensive front will have to be more stingy than they were last week at Stone, who ran a similar wingt style offense. Stone appears to be bigger and stronger across the offensive line than Grace, but the Rams have been very effective offensively so far this year. The Warrior defense is very inexperienced but we are now into the 4th game of the year and it is time for them to step up. They don't have to be dominating, just good enough to get a few more stops than the opponent does. One thing this D has been good at so far is getting take aways. There are some very good players on the CAK defense and I expect them to play well, but they are simply not as good (at this time) as the Warrior defenses we have had the past couple of years. I doubt there will be too many new wrinkles from the Warriors since they have been pretty successful with their formula up to this point. Both teams are familiar with each other, so are the players....... No pep talks needed for this one, ha.