Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

I just don't know and just want to talk about the possibilities. I will not lay blame anywhere but could we discuss the season.

While watching the CAK playoff game 2 years ago, I counted the number of players Central had minus the seniors. Counting who was dressed out and who was hurt, Central only had 20 players on the roster returning for 2010. Throw in the fact one of those players was a kicker only it really was only 19 players who play offense and defense. Central didn't even have enough to scrimmage in practice much less win ball games. Therefore, I present to you, a winless 2010. So last year was the lack of kids even though some others came out, it still didn't make a difference.

As far as this year goes, the kids are there but they are mostly Sophomores with some Juniors and Seniors sprinkeled in. My point is this, hold on and tough out this year and Central should be fine. Plus the Jr. little league team is now 3 and 0 and looking really, really good. If next year is another flop, well, we have problems elsewhere. So to answer your question, last year was lack of kids, this year is youth and if next year is a losing season, we know where the problem lies. The lack of talent and youth card is only good for 2 years in my opinion.

It is the coaching.Yes last year was a flop,But still should have won two games meigs and sweetwater.When the asst. coaches were told by the head coach to not go in the locker room at halftime of the meigs game down by only 3, To me that is very upsetting.How many times do us central fans have to hear that central is so young bullcrap.Central would have had more seniors this year if coach Baddin wouldn't have been such a butt.To hear him tell it,he has two all-staters on his team right now.Where are they at coach?I sure hope they can win you a ballgame or two before they are gone.Coach Baddin needs to step down and let someone take over this program.

I think its the coaching and the kids. Sure the coaching is awful, but this year he does not have many upper class men to pull some of the big games off. Even though I think the Notre Dame game was mainly his fault on some of the play calling. Its hard to lose a game going in at half time and being up, but like I said the kids are young. I see them turning their 0-10 season around in the next few years. Plus Goodin has ran off a bunch of the kids. I mean come on coach you cant play without any players and definitely not going to win when you have the majority of your players playing both sides of the ball. If he doesn't pull the program together by the end of this year he should consider stepping down.

I've often wondered why both Mcminn county schools are not good on a regular basis, only 2 schools in the county is that correct, Monroe county has 3 mostly because of the way the land is, valley, palteau then mountain, to me they should be dominat in all sports with the talent I've seen in that county. Do alot of their atheletes only play one sport, politics, coaching, support at home or what? Plenty of talent so I know thats not it.

Edited by anotherback

Im not going to bash Goodin, and say he is a terrible coach because I honestly have no clue. But Mcminn Central Football failure falls back to this. >>>NO TALENT.<<<

Central looks like the bad news bears (of football)

I want to think Goodin is a good coach, but have never talked football with him or been around him enough to know. But I can say this for him, you can put Urban Meyers, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban any of these coaches out there and they wouldnt even have a .500 ball team. They would be considered "successful" with winning 2 games!

Im not going to bash Goodin, and say he is a terrible coach because I honestly have no clue. But Mcminn Central Football failure falls back to this. >>>NO TALENT.<<<

Central looks like the bad news bears (of football)

I want to think Goodin is a good coach, but have never talked football with him or been around him enough to know. But I can say this for him, you can put Urban Meyers, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban any of these coaches out there and they wouldnt even have a .500 ball team. They would be considered "successful" with winning 2 games!

:thumb: How refreshing to see I'm not the only one that has a clue. :thumb:

It is the coaching.Yes last year was a flop,But still should have won two games meigs and sweetwater.When the asst. coaches were told by the head coach to not go in the locker room at halftime of the meigs game down by only 3, To me that is very upsetting.How many times do us central fans have to hear that central is so young bullcrap.Central would have had more seniors this year if coach Baddin wouldn't have been such a butt.To hear him tell it,he has two all-staters on his team right now.Where are they at coach?I sure hope they can win you a ballgame or two before they are gone.Coach Baddin needs to step down and let someone take over this program.

Love the Coach "Baddin"!!! Got another halftime story for you. You have lost 13 games in a row,cussed on a regular basis,unprepared and out coached against a so so Polk Co. team. Go in to locker room at halftime getting crushed 40-0 and looking for encouragement from your coach and you get:"I'm embarrassed to be your coach and ashamed to wear this shirt!". Nobody is begging him to stay! Two all-staters???!!! HA Guess they are coaches kid and Boosters kid :lol:

In college football, so much emphasis is placed on recruiting because without talent, coaching doesn't get very far. Central has a lack of talent right now. There are some good players on the team but this isn't basketball, you need more than one star to be able to make any noise. A bad coach can look good with great players (ex: LSU) and on the flip side a good coach can look bad with bad players. Central Knights and Englewood both have really good junior teams this year.....patience grasshopper.

In college football, so much emphasis is placed on recruiting because without talent, coaching doesn't get very far. Central has a lack of talent right now. There are some good players on the team but this isn't basketball, you need more than one star to be able to make any noise. A bad coach can look good with great players (ex: LSU) and on the flip side a good coach can look bad with bad players. Central Knights and Englewood both have really good junior teams this year.....patience grasshopper.

But there are quite a few kids on the fence about playing football, has he talked to them and made sure they were going to play football at central? Sometimes the attention to the little things go along way.

But there are quite a few kids on the fence about playing football, has he talked to them and made sure they were going to play football at central? Sometimes the attention to the little things go along way.

correct me if I am wrong playmaker, but is that not illegal? I am pretty sure that is in violation of TSSAA rules. I remember coaches coming to the local schools to have football meetings and make sure kids play, but that's been outlawed since I was in school. I'm sure coach goodin would do that if he could. From the conversations I've had with Goodin, he seems to be a guy that follows the rules and instills that discipline in his players.

my 2 cents

Love the Coach "Baddin"!!! Got another halftime story for you. You have lost 13 games in a row,cussed on a regular basis,unprepared and out coached against a so so Polk Co. team. Go in to locker room at halftime getting crushed 40-0 and looking for encouragement from your coach and you get:"I'm embarrassed to be your coach and ashamed to wear this shirt!". Nobody is begging him to stay! Two all-staters???!!! HA Guess they are coaches kid and Boosters kid :lol:

Losing at halftime by 40 and you want your coach to come in and say, "boys we've still got a chance to win this game. I know we are down by 40 but dang guys, we can do this!" If the effort wasn't their in the first half, I'm sure it will be in the 2nd half with that kind of halftime talk!

The coach tells the kids how he's really feeling. None of the parents were "embarrassed" or "ashamed" at the halftime score? None of the kids were? Give me a break!!! Football is a physical and MENTALLY tough sport. Everybody now a days wants little johnny to be patted on the back and told it's alright. Soft, we are all getting soft. Go play flag football!