CLARKSVILLE AT SPRINGFIELD

LEON

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I respect yours...I believe Northeast to be a very good team..and appreciate them "trying to schedule" quality opponents. As you know...when you "try to schedule" good teams during the scheduling calendar...you can be surprised by a team's rise or fall from the top between the contracts signed to actual kickoff..which I know is the case with Jackson Northside!

I believe..although inconsistent...that Springfield is a very good and talented football team...I also suspect to reaffirm my believes next Friday when they come to Paris!

I applaud NE for scheduling up as well; I went to college w/ their HC and believe he is knowledgeable about the game and I have a lot of respect for him. I also agree w/ the bold and that appears to be the case for JNS this year.....

I do believe Springfield is a very talented team but I just dont feel they are that good yet. I think they can be, but there has to be a lot of improvement in key areas for that happen, specifically defense. For 1 I hope they stick w/ Smith at QB; Woodard didnt play bad and did orchestrate a couple clutch drives but over-all I feel the offense moves more fluently when Smith is a the helm.....

Lastly, and I will probably get crucified by the HC posters for this; I believe Springfields speed/quickness can give HC problems and the game will probably be closer than any1 expects. Having said that, if SP has more than 1 or 2 turnovers and gets stupid penalties 80% of the time they make big plays, it could get very ugly and fast......

the clip call was a bad one, the clarksville kid got shoved down fom the back and fell in front of the Springfield player,

From where I was seated the only player who had chance of making a play was the QB who made an ill advised pass in the flat in triple coverage. The Wildcat defender had a WALL of blockers and the only player with chance of a tackle was the QB. If anyone was shoved in the backs it was the wildcats players shoving each other. The call was for a CHOP BLOCK not a CLIP. All the Clarksville players had to do was running with the defender and they had a TD. Instead they chose to go for the QB's knees and were penaltized. Questionable call maybe but I thought it was the right call. It did cost Clarksville the game because they were unable to capitalize on this turnover for points. There were many outstanding players on the field last night. It was an exciting and fast game. No matter how it is sliced, diced and gone over, when we awoke this morn Springfield had a mark in the left hand tally sheet and Clarksville had one in the right hand. See you next Friday in Paris

From where I was seated the only player who had chance of making a play was the QB who made an ill advised pass in the flat in triple coverage. The Wildcat defender had a WALL of blockers and the only player with chance of a tackle was the QB. If anyone was shoved in the backs it was the wildcats players shoving each other. The call was for a CHOP BLOCK not a CLIP. All the Clarksville players had to do was running with the defender and they had a TD. Instead they chose to go for the QB's knees and were penaltized. Questionable call maybe but I thought it was the right call. It did cost Clarksville the game because they were unable to capitalize on this turnover for points. There were many outstanding players on the field last night. It was an exciting and fast game. No matter how it is sliced, diced and gone over, when we awoke this morn Springfield had a mark in the left hand tally sheet and Clarksville had one in the right hand. See you next Friday in Paris

If you have the game tivo'd then you need to go back and watch that interception. One of Springfield's linemen did push the DE in the back and make him fall into the QB. There were no Wildcat players shoving each other and there were no wall of blockers. Make sure you get things correct when writing. It was a good game. Mistakes on both sides of the ball. Both teams will get better as the year goes on.

If you have the game tivo'd then you need to go back and watch that interception. One of Springfield's linemen did push the DE in the back and make him fall into the QB. There were no Wildcat players shoving each other and there were no wall of blockers. Make sure you get things correct when writing. It was a good game. Mistakes on both sides of the ball. Both teams will get better as the year goes on.

I attended and didnt tape the game