CLARKSVILLE AT SPRINGFIELD

LEON

Fun game to watch but stressful if you are a fan of either team. This is my take on Springfield; they have all of the ability you could want in a team but they are just not consistent enough. The offense is ok but tends to hit dry spells in the middle part of the game. The defense simply put is terrible atm, if this does not improve by play off time they will be in trouble. The truth of the matter is they are 2-2 and outside of Gallatin they have not really played a very good team. I know NE is still undefeated but lets face it, they havent really played anybody yet either. Springfield returned the majority their team from last year but there a a couple that graduated that are really being missed right now. They have to figure out a way to get pressure on the QB, plain and simple.....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to get a much needed win over Clarksville, Jackets started fast and then hit a lull, but continued to battle and came out with the win with a huge two point conversion. Clarksville has a very good team and played well after falling behind early 14-0. Jackets suffered some key injuries in the second half and I hope they are not too serious, as the Jackets go to take on powerful Henry Co. next week. Thanks to MyTV 30 on an excellent broadcast and a great choice to feature these two old rivals, I watched the game again after returning from the game. Go Jackets !!

Great to get a much needed win over Clarksville, Jackets started fast and then hit a lull, but continued to battle and came out with the win with a huge two point conversion. Clarksville has a very good team and played well after falling behind early 14-0. Jackets suffered some key injuries in the second half and I hope they are not too serious, as the Jackets go to take on powerful Henry Co. next week. Thanks to MyTV 30 on an excellent broadcast and a great choice to feature these two old rivals, I watched the game again after returning from the game. Go Jackets !!

save for an ill advised clip that was completely away from the ball on a pick 6, clarksville wins this game... not sure who the better team is

save for an ill advised clip that was completely away from the ball on a pick 6, clarksville wins this game... not sure who the better team is

Huge penalty but correct, also the inadverdent whistle on the Brandon Farmer interception in the end-zone, we all seen what he can do when the jets kick in. These two teams were pretty equal in my oppinion, as always turnovers and mistakes determine the outcome of a game, the Jackets were on the other side last week, but the tables were turned this week and they get the win.

They are about as even as you can get w/ Springfield having a little more speed/athleticism. They both have pretty good offenses w/ below par defenses. I give major kudos to Coach Busby b/c this team is much improved over last season IMO.....

Fun game to watch but stressful if you are a fan of either team. This is my take on Springfield; they have all of the ability you could want in a team but they are just not consistent enough. The offense is ok but tends to hit dry spells in the middle part of the game. The defense simply put is terrible atm, if this does not improve by play off time they will be in trouble. The truth of the matter is they are 2-2 and outside of Gallatin they have not really played a very good team. I know NE is still undefeated but lets face it, they havent really played anybody yet either. Springfield returned the majority their team from last year but there a a couple that graduated that are really being missed right now. They have to figure out a way to get pressure on the QB, plain and simple.....

I'm not sure I'm willing to agree with you on Northeast's "not playing anyone" opinion. They went to Northside and played in Week 0..who is a Quarterfinal 5A team from a year ago and although 1-2 on the season..would be a top 3-4 team in District 10-AAA. Furthermore...from the sounds of the Patriots attendees last night..the Wildcats are a pretty good football team...thus...I don't see where you say "outside of Gallatin..they (Springfield) have not really played a very good team."...? Who did they play last night? I know this...if the Patriots play a game in which they win by only 1 point...I'm pretty confident most Patriot faithful would say "we played a pretty good team"..and certain after a win wouldn't say..."other than team X, we haven't really played anybody."

I'm not sure I'm willing to agree with you on Northeast's "not playing anyone" opinion. They went to Northside and played in Week 0..who is a Quarterfinal 5A team from a year ago and although 1-2 on the season..would be a top 3-4 team in District 10-AAA. Furthermore...from the sounds of the Patriots attendees last night..the Wildcats are a pretty good football team...thus...I don't see where you say "outside of Gallatin..they (Springfield) have not really played a very good team."...? Who did they play last night? I know this...if the Patriots play a game in which they win by only 1 point...I'm pretty confident most Patriot faithful would say "we played a pretty good team"..and certain after a win wouldn't say..."other than team X, we haven't really played anybody."

To be honest, if they felt it to be the truth then they would or should say as much. It doesnt matter if they win by 1 or 50, if I feel that Clarksville is not that great of a team and Springfield beats them by 1 then that means they are not all that great either. When I say "not very good", I mean they are not "solid/consistent" in every phase of the game, meaning offense, defense, and special teams. This is my opinion, outside of Galatin, nobody we have played is a very good all-around team. This is just my opinion, it doesnt mean I am right, just my take at this time. I respect your opinion, just dont agree w/ it.....

To be honest, if they felt it to be the truth then they would or should say as much. It doesnt matter if they win by 1 or 50, if I feel that Clarksville is not that great of a team and Springfield beats them by 1 then that means they are not all that great either. When I say "not very good", I mean they are not "solid/consistent" in every phase of the game, meaning offense, defense, and special teams. This is my opinion, outside of Galatin, nobody we have played is a very good all-around team. This is just my opinion, it doesnt mean I am right, just my take at this time. I respect your opinion, just dont agree w/ it.....

As I respect yours...I believe Northeast to be a very good team..and appreciate them "trying to schedule" quality opponents. As you know...when you "try to schedule" good teams during the scheduling calendar...you can be surprised by a team's rise or fall from the top between the contracts signed to actual kickoff..which I know is the case with Jackson Northside!

I believe..although inconsistent...that Springfield is a very good and talented football team...I also suspect to reaffirm my believes next Friday when they come to Paris!

the clip call was a bad one, the clarksville kid got shoved down fom the back and fell in front of the Springfield player,

"a bad one" thats your oppinion, I guess its like your prediction that Springfield loses 33-13, that truly is "a bad one". I guess you could call it prophetic justice.