Turbyfill Resigns

Rainwater

I want to remind everyone of the post I made on 9/26/2010. I searched my old posts and copied and pasted it below. Get Ready.

Well I don't know if Coach Lunsford would consider coming back to Cloudland or not, but he probably would. I know when they hired Robbie Turbyfill he was willing to come back at that time. He told me so himself. I think he'll always have a big spot in his heart for Cloudland football. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people in Roan Mountain that would love to see it. I talk to people all the time and that is a common topic. The only problem is we are entering into the Birchfield era. I think they hired the Chambers guy to take over basketball so Matt Birchfield could take over the football program. The Birchfield's have already took over the Junior high football program at the appropriate time and I feel it will be the same with the high school program. They have a lot of good kids in the junior high football program but I am afraid they are all playing for the benefit of one player. That is if they choose to stay at Cloudland thru high school. I have heard a lot of talk from different parents that they are considering different schools for their child to possibly play at in high school. This is a shame but everyone feels that the junior high team is being/and will continue to be manipulated thru high school. The Birchfield's tried their best to manipulate the team when Tim Clipse was at Cloudland but Coach Lunsford was too stubborn and knew the kind of talent Clipse brought to the table. They won't allow him to come back because if there is a more talented player then the one on their agenda Coach Lunsford won't allow them to manipulate the team and will play the better player. It is my opinioin the Birchfield's want control and would not allow this to happen. It's happening in Junior High as we speak. The best kid on the team gets very few opportunities to shine. The Benfield kid is by far the best player on the junior high team but he's just there to hand it off. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he watched a junior high game and it made him sick. He said it was obvious it was all about one player. Cloudland really needs a coach that is coaching for the whole team. The choice, if he would come is an absolute no brainer. You either hire a coach that's never coached a highschool football game or one of the most successful coaches in the entire state in highschool football. A proven winner. You would even get a bonus as his son would probably come with him and I have heard a lot of talk that he is very knowlegable of the game himself. He and Jordan Hughes would work very well together. Both of them have a lot of passion and love for the game. I would just like to see Cloudland get back to where it once was but I'm afraid with an agenda in the mix this won't happen anytime soon. With the number out for football as low as it is now and kids coming up from junior high talking about transfering (kids are smart they see what's going on to). I'm concerned we won't even be able to field a team in a couple of years. I'm not a profit but I don't have to be everybody knows it's going on. It's not that big a deal to me, but I would like to see Cloudland get back to where they once where with kids loving it. I have a lot of friends who are not happy with the way things are going that do have a stake in the future of Cloudland football for their sake and the school's I hope I am wrong. My next post will probably come in about five years. Hopefully not.

I don't know a lot about Cloudland and truly only started reading the hancock -clouland thread because I am a Greenback parent and was trying to find out what clouland had this year, but if there is any truth at all to the above post then the trouble at cloudland goes far beyond football. It's pretty simple, you hire the best coach you can and said coach should put the best 11 he has on the field. If 2 kids are honestly dead even in ability then split playing time until 1 steps up and shows why he is the man that should be on the field. If a kid wants to quit or transfer then say wow that surprises me I figured you would have more pride than that but never ever beg or even ask him to reconsider because if that happens then said kid now controls the the team and the coach for that matter. This is just my humble opinion. on a different subject where do I need to stop and eat in a couple of weeks when we make the trek up there?

Me myself I dont see mike goin back to cloudland anytime soon but I dont kno everything.... Hopefully he doesnt and truely I think it would be bad choice to make. He started his career at HAMPTON and thats where we would like for him to stay. Hes brought alot to the table and hes a great coach!!!! Either way HAMPTON has and has always had a WINNING TRADITION, Weve had very few head coaches since the school opened. Every1 is eventually goin to go through down years and tough times eventually, I just hate to see CLOUDLAND go through it. COACH LUNS IS STAYING WITH US!!!!!!

I want to remind everyone of the post I made on 9/26/2010. I searched my old posts and copied and pasted it below. Get Ready.

Well I don't know if Coach Lunsford would consider coming back to Cloudland or not, but he probably would. I know when they hired Robbie Turbyfill he was willing to come back at that time. He told me so himself. I think he'll always have a big spot in his heart for Cloudland football. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people in Roan Mountain that would love to see it. I talk to people all the time and that is a common topic. The only problem is we are entering into the Birchfield era. I think they hired the Chambers guy to take over basketball so Matt Birchfield could take over the football program. The Birchfield's have already took over the Junior high football program at the appropriate time and I feel it will be the same with the high school program. They have a lot of good kids in the junior high football program but I am afraid they are all playing for the benefit of one player. That is if they choose to stay at Cloudland thru high school. I have heard a lot of talk from different parents that they are considering different schools for their child to possibly play at in high school. This is a shame but everyone feels that the junior high team is being/and will continue to be manipulated thru high school. The Birchfield's tried their best to manipulate the team when Tim Clipse was at Cloudland but Coach Lunsford was too stubborn and knew the kind of talent Clipse brought to the table. They won't allow him to come back because if there is a more talented player then the one on their agenda Coach Lunsford won't allow them to manipulate the team and will play the better player. It is my opinioin the Birchfield's want control and would not allow this to happen. It's happening in Junior High as we speak. The best kid on the team gets very few opportunities to shine. The Benfield kid is by far the best player on the junior high team but he's just there to hand it off. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he watched a junior high game and it made him sick. He said it was obvious it was all about one player. Cloudland really needs a coach that is coaching for the whole team. The choice, if he would come is an absolute no brainer. You either hire a coach that's never coached a highschool football game or one of the most successful coaches in the entire state in highschool football. A proven winner. You would even get a bonus as his son would probably come with him and I have heard a lot of talk that he is very knowlegable of the game himself. He and Jordan Hughes would work very well together. Both of them have a lot of passion and love for the game. I would just like to see Cloudland get back to where it once was but I'm afraid with an agenda in the mix this won't happen anytime soon. With the number out for football as low as it is now and kids coming up from junior high talking about transfering (kids are smart they see what's going on to). I'm concerned we won't even be able to field a team in a couple of years. I'm not a profit but I don't have to be everybody knows it's going on. It's not that big a deal to me, but I would like to see Cloudland get back to where they once where with kids loving it. I have a lot of friends who are not happy with the way things are going that do have a stake in the future of Cloudland football for their sake and the school's I hope I am wrong. My next post will probably come in about five years. Hopefully not.

Mike knows and likes alot of the Cloudland kids,but he also likes the one's he's coaching. I can't see him leaving Hampton anytime soon. Gotta pretty good thing going on down there. You better hunt you a different feller.

About the same odds.

I believe a big part of whats wrong with the football program is not all coaching. Its no wonder Lunsford left. Parents want to win, but they all want to win with their child being the superstar. Heard people say matt would try to help colby out all he could. Maybe so, but i dont see Matt losing a football game to make colby look better. Does parents want to win or do they want the program like it is now. Not long ago CLoudland went 3-7 with a team that had over 10 seniors. I belive that same team won a championship in Jr. high. When this team got to high school there were to many heros and NO team. When you have talent and dont work, in high school the not so talented hard workers begin to pass the once heros up. The hard work standard may have been lowered at Cloudland over the past few years. Matt is a hard worker and at cloudland thats what it takes. I would say Matt has quite a bit of knowledge about the game but if thats not the case, winners still find a way to win.

I believe a big part of whats wrong with the football program is not all coaching. Its no wonder Lunsford left. Parents want to win, but they all want to win with their child being the superstar. Heard people say matt would try to help colby out all he could. Maybe so, but i dont see Matt losing a football game to make colby look better. Does parents want to win or do they want the program like it is now. Not long ago CLoudland went 3-7 with a team that had over 10 seniors. I belive that same team won a championship in Jr. high. When this team got to high school there were to many heros and NO team. When you have talent and dont work, in high school the not so talented hard workers begin to pass the once heros up. The hard work standard may have been lowered at Cloudland over the past few years. Matt is a hard worker and at cloudland thats what it takes. I would say Matt has quite a bit of knowledge about the game but if thats not the case, winners still find a way to win.

I'm not so sure Matt would give up the Girls coaching job,they have a great shot at a state title.I'd love to see the gold ball in our little neck of the woods.

I agree with you lander. Matt was an unselfish player and he has never played favorites with his girls. I think it would be the best choice and he would represent the program well. I dont look at him as just a birchfield but someone with a proven record

Sounds pretty gloom and doom up there. May be time to bring in Eugene. Probably get some X's and O's mixed up but for sheer, unbridled enthusiasm, he's your man.