DB at Boone

trailblazersback

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

randle cobb would have looked good in orange

I agree 100% and it could have changed alot of things, but when you're out recruitig highly touted athletes some of the average ones slip under your nose. I'm not saying randal Cobb is an average athlete by no means but coming out of high school he was not the same caliber as other athletes.

I agree 100% and it could have changed alot of things, but when you're out recruitig highly touted athletes some of the average ones slip under your nose. I'm not saying randal Cobb is an average athlete by no means but coming out of high school he was not the same caliber as other athletes.

randy sanders didnt hesitate to get him, cobb was better than average out of high school, dont want to hijack thread good luck friday nite

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to db but overlooking ot underestimating an opponent isn't going to happenby the Tribe from DB. No way anything happens on Friday night except Dobyns-Bennett beats daniel boone by at least 28 points and that is a conservative opinion....in plain English Dobyns-Bennett has too much speed and talent and common sense for anything else to occur.

My o my the Boone DB matchup. While most dont realize Boone and DB are 1-1 in big 8 conference meetings. And all u DB fans werent u all saying these same types of things just two yrs ago when Boone rolled into your little precious J Fred Johnson stadium and WON!!!!! DB got more money than they know what to do with along with some 2,500 kids while Boone was fighting just a few yrs ago to keep certain sports in the school because of the finances at a county school with some 1,400 kids.... Im not makin excuses im just stating facta here and with all that Boone came out on top just a few yrs ago helpin lend DB their first losing season since 86 I think, just saying that IT IS POSSIBLE. Now do I think Boone will win, maybe not but im excited for it..... Will give my predictions later in the week....... A quote from one of the wisest men ive been able to meet in my life and I know he'll be tellin this on Friday... "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but it's the size of the fight in the dog."

My o my the Boone DB matchup. While most dont realize Boone and DB are 1-1 in big 8 conference meetings. And all u DB fans werent u all saying these same types of things just two yrs ago when Boone rolled into your little precious J Fred Johnson stadium and WON!!!!! DB got more money than they know what to do with along with some 2,500 kids while Boone was fighting just a few yrs ago to keep certain sports in the school because of the finances at a county school with some 1,400 kids.... Im not makin excuses im just stating facta here and with all that Boone came out on top just a few yrs ago helpin lend DB their first losing season since 86 I think, just saying that IT IS POSSIBLE. Now do I think Boone will win, maybe not but im excited for it..... Will give my predictions later in the week....... A quote from one of the wisest men ive been able to meet in my life and I know he'll be tellin this on Friday... "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Are you really stating the facts? I see....just like your cousin's, brother's, mom's, 2nd cousin removed told you. Really? 2,500 students at Dobyns Bennett?

Here are the facts:

78) Daniel Boone High School - Gray, TN - Total Enrollment: 1289

18) Dobyns Bennett High School - Kingsport, TN - Total Enrollment: 1881

Both schools put the same number of players on the field. Dobyns Bennett is 9-3 against Daniel Boone. Daniel Boone last beat Dobyns Bennett in 2009 by the score of 17-14. Daniel Boone had not beaten Dobyns Bennett since 1985 before that time. Boone beat Dobyns Bennett in 2009, which was Dobyns Bennett's 1st losing season since (guess when) 1985. The last 2 times Boone has won, the Tribe has been way down.

Love your so called facts about numbers. You see; while 5A schools complain about DB having 1,881 kids, which usually makes DB come out to about 500 or so kids more,.....People don't see Dobyns Bennett complain that Science Hill actually does have 2,600 kids. That is 700 more then Dobyns Bennett, yet the Tribe owns them. So there goes your argument. Also, in 6A, there is no enrollment cap and in the past Dobyns Bennett has competed with and beat teams that have nearly double the numbers, as Farragut did before the new school was built. Quit complaining about student enrollment. The Tribe regularly whips bigger schools like Farragut, Bearden, Science Hill, and Jefferson County. See below and your argument is based off a lie.

1) Mcgavock High School - Nashville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2706

2) Science Hill High School - Johnson City, TN - Total Enrollment: 2565

3) Antioch High School - Antioch, TN - Total Enrollment: 2456

4) Houston High School - Germantown, TN - Total Enrollment: 2330

5) Bolton High School - Arlington, TN - Total Enrollment: 2266

6) Farragut High School - Knoxville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2223

7) White Station High School - Memphis, TN - Total Enrollment: 2210

8) Collierville High School - Collierville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2183

9) Jefferson County High School - Dandridge, TN - Total Enrollment: 2163

10) Cordova High School - Cordova, TN - Total Enrollment: 2139

11) Cookeville High School - Cookeville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2128

12) Cumberland County High School - Crossville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2108

13) Germantown High School - Germantown, TN - Total Enrollment: 2029

14) Bearden High School - Knoxville, TN - Total Enrollment: 2006

15) Riverdale High School - Murfreesboro, TN - Total Enrollment: 1987

16) Hunters Lane High School - Nashville, TN - Total Enrollment: 1968

17) Lavergne High School - Lavergne, TN - Total Enrollment: 1941

Because he offered them to late and they had done committed. They were men of their word.

Who's fault was that ? 5-6,9-4,10-4,5-7.That's Fulmers last 4 seasons while Florida was winning two titles in 2006 and Fulmers last year.Being a top twenty team is good,but in the SEC,that's not near good enough.See how long Geogia's coach last from this point if they keep getting beat.I made my point,Tennessee has let a lot of great players from this area get away and I'd hate to count the players that have went D1 over the last twenty years that the Vols didn't get from all around our state.

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful to db but overlooking ot underestimating an opponent isn't going to happenby the Tribe from DB. No way anything happens on Friday night except Dobyns-Bennett beats daniel boone by at least 28 points and that is a conservative opinion....in plain English Dobyns-Bennett has too much speed and talent and common sense for anything else to occur.

You are not being rude or disrespectful, you are just saying it the way is should be when a team is as good as DB. I hope DB goes all the way this year and wins state and I know a bunch of individuals start crying one and done. The truth is I don't know another coach or team that wouldn't love to finish 10-1 or 11-1 every year. A lot of that crying one and done is probably just plain old jealousy because area teams are not successful at beating DB. So here is a win/win situation, Boone plays their best game of the year and DB their worse, so DB can still go on and win the state and finish 14-1. What do think, not bad right?

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not being rude or disrespectful, you are just saying it the way is should be when a team is as good as DB. I hope DB goes all the way this year and wins state and I know a bunch of individuals start crying one and done. The truth is I don't know another coach or team that wouldn't love to finish 10-1 or 11-1 every year. A lot of that crying one and done is probably just plain old jealousy because area teams are not successful at beating DB. So here is a win/win situation, Boone plays their best game of the year and DB their worse, so DB can still go on and win the state and finish 14-1. What do think, not bad right?

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take a loss to Boone and Crockett both for a state title at 13-2.The only way that's going to happen is in a case like WB had a few years ago when they were 5-5 because key players being out and then were very good at playoff time.Let's face it.If Dobyns-Bennett can't beat Boone on a bad night,they are not going to beat Maryville on a great night.That's if you can get past the Farragut's and Sevier counties of the world again.To make a state run,DB has to be ready every week and grow as a team until peaking in a few weeks,right on until the end

When I went to bed last night We were scheduled to play Daniel Boone Friday night. But when I woke up this morning theres all this talk about the playoffs. Did I over sleep?

Yes.DB beat Boone 44-0 several weeks ago and pounded Maryville on it's way to the state title last saturday.It was a great win over White Station 44-0.I done the pregame speech and gave out cookies and milk after the game.The Trophy is in the newly dedicated Batman wing of the sports complex.

You should get your wife to take you to the ER because you have obviously eaten or smoked SOMETHIN that has rendered you completely delusional!!! :roflol: What you tag as Boones strength is their greatest weakness in the eyes of most. Not that it makes any difference....but are you referring to this year or in general that Boone holds the upper leg in athletic ability to THS and South?

I'm saying this year compared overall, Boone has the stronger, faster, quicker athelete than TN High or South. You might see one faster, but at the other positions, you are going to be beat deep. Boone used to be known for the big strong SLOW line....that line has trimmed down over the years but it is just as strong. The secondary is young, but just pure athletics out there. Flying to the ball is a big one and heck, two pick 6's can't do you wrong.

Years past, Boone had talent but as far as athletic kids, that went hands down to South or TN High. This year, you got a lot more speed than usual at Boone, it's just up to the kids to use their experience and make something happen.

I also enjoy how I say we are more athletic that it suddenly means "Oh so everyone else is slower than you right? So you will throw up 30 points on us, right?"

No it means when the 4th quarter comes around, Boone ain't slowing down as fast as everyone else. The speed is there more than it has been in years.