Milan Bulldogs (3-0) at South Gibson County Hornets (4-0)

Bulldog Fan #2

the dawgs were definitely flat in the 1st half. after coming back out after the half with half of their butts left they played milan football outscoring medina 28-6. medina is a fair team but are definitely one dimensional. if the qb ever get's hurt then their done. i seen nothing special except a michael vick prototype who tries to win the game by his-self. if medina would start playing as a team and play some smashmouth fotball and quit all that mis-direction trick play to insure your qb has the ball crap, then someday they might be a good football team.

coach stidam and his hornets have played some crappy teams in their 4 wins 3 of which were pure luck. if he don't change his ofensive game plan then he's gonna lose at least 3 more games.

the dawgs were definitely flat in the 1st half. after coming back out after the half with half of their butts left they played milan football outscoring medina 28-6. medina is a fair team but are definitely one dimensional. if the qb ever get's hurt then their done. i seen nothing special except a michael vick prototype who tries to win the game by his-self. if medina would start playing as a team and play some smashmouth fotball and quit all that mis-direction trick play to insure your qb has the ball crap, then someday they might be a good football team.

coach stidam and his hornets have played some crappy teams in their 4 wins 3 of which were pure luck. if he don't change his ofensive game plan then he's gonna lose at least 3 more games.

Weak teams can't play smash mouth football. But if not careful mis-direction will win a game. Every good coach needs a little mis-direction to go a long with a hard smash mouth football game.

Looks to me like South Gibson...a team playing its FIRST year of varsity football....played Milan a whole lot closer than most Bulldog fans thought. I mean, at the end of the 3rd quarter, it was 24-19 Milan...it was close...anybody's game. Impressive, Hornets, impressive.

A few thoughts.... 1. For this to be South Gibson's first year of varsity football, they have been impressive...going 4-1, and playing toe to toe with Milan for 3 quarters.

2. Milan may not be as good this year as they've been in past years. They barely beat a Humboldt team, which barely beat a so-so, single A team...South Fulton. Humboldt beat South Fulton 21-13. South Fulton is a small, single A school, which has not been having a great year this year. They're ok, but not a powerhouse by any means. Also, Lake Co. was beaten by Mayfield, KY 12-7. Mayfield beat Murray, KY pretty good. This is the same Murray team, which handed it to Milan in a pre season scrimmage...from what I've been told...Murray manhandled Milan in that scrimmage. I know it was just a scrimmage...but still.

3. Milan is still a very good team, and they are very good year in and year out. They have a great football program going on right now...but, I'm left wondering if this years Milan team is not as good as the past few years.

Anyway, way to go, Hornets....I am impressed.

South Gibson is very well coached team and most of the time the two Walden bros will have

the ball in their hands. The Hornets cam out ready to play!!! Milan, on the other hand came

out flat with no energy and it showed. Milan's coaching staff has to get something worked

out on offense. IMO we are not playing to our strengths!!!!

Someone said take away the trick plays and play smashmouth football? Are you serious? There were no trick plays by South Gibson last night. Misdirection is part of that offense. Do you think Huntingdon isn't going to run any misdirection at you? If you want to talk about smashmouth football..... South Gibson's OLine had their way in the first half resulting in them being up 13-10 at the half. Milan did come out and pretty much dominate that second half though. Take away the Walden brothers and yea SG is a completely different team. However, the Walden brothers played a great game last night and kept SG in the game most of the way through it. For both of them to be so small and carry SG like they do is pretty impressive.

This game went about as I expected.... close at the half and then Morris would make the proper adjustments and Milan would dominate in the second half. Good luck to both of these teams throughout the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs!

Milan is usually a slow aterter every year. I don't remember in recent years though, playing as sloppy as they have overall played through out the season so far. Most of the time around game 7 or 8 they get fine tuned and begin to look like a playoff team. If they wait past the Huntingdon game, they will have a loss. And it just might do them some good.

I was thinking the same thing, sls. This was the first time I've watched a game this year so I cannot speak for previous outings, but there was some sloppy play last night. It's fairly typical to see these types of games from Milan early in the season. Last year the loss to Westview before nearly making it back to the championship. 2 years ago the first 2 games against JCS (24-14) and Huntingdon (31-27) had everyone worried with all the returning seniors. If they don't make some adjustments by week 6 or 7 then yeah, color them overhyped. But, history would show that this is not atypical. Morris likes to rotate a lot of players early in the season, keep everyone healthy. By the time the playoffs roll around he'll have his best 11 on the field. As for last night, Milan's offense looked good. Don't think they punted all night. I doubt we'll see anyone kick it deep the rest of the year. Finch is ridiculous. Passing game looked pretty good. Offensive line looked bigger/better than it has in the last couple years. Defense was on the field all night, and didn't look great but they'll be alright. I'd put our linebackers against any in the state and the D-line looked to be big and athletic (Marshay Nunn in particular) just didn't execute. If they can stay healthy and make necessary adjustments Milan should be playing in late November/December.