BIG 8 WEEK 4

Fitness4life

That's really going out on a limb there.... ha! And I will add that Boone will have 2 conference losses and be setting in 3rd. The winner of this weeks TN High vs South game will be 4th, the looser will be 5th. Crockett, Volunteer and Central will fight to see who get's 8th. Right now, those 3 are a combined 0-10, and there only hopes of getting wins this season are against each other. This is the weakest I have ever seen East Tn. "Big" School Football, ever.

I would argue to say that you could take the bottom 4 teams, maybe 5, combine them and make 1 team out of them and they wouldn't come withing 2 TD's of Science Hill or Dobyns-Bennett this year. That is not a statement on the strength of the Indians or the Hill Toppers, but the weakness of the Conference in '11.

I think you could probably stretch that to bottom 6 and still be correct this year. It will be 2013 before the Vikings will be deep enough to compete for a conference title. :mellow: IMO of course.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could probably stretch that to bottom 6 and still be correct this year. It will be 2013 before the Vikings will be deep enough to compete for a conference title. :mellow: IMO of course.

I believe every Big 8 team is considerably weaker this year at the QB position except SH and Volunteer who have returners at the position. That position has especially hurt Tennessee High, Cap, as we have discussed in the past. Only having one feeder school puts pressure on each class to develop a QB. Shannon Hale was the QB for the Junior class at Tennessee High coming out of Vance. That didn't help them any.l

I believe every Big 8 team is considerably weaker this year at the QB position except SH and Volunteer who have returners at the position. That position has especially hurt Tennessee High, Cap, as we have discussed in the past. Only having one feeder school puts pressure on each class to develop a QB. Shannon Hale was the QB for the Junior class at Tennessee High coming out of Vance. That didn't help them any.l

True...true. Losing Shannon the way we did to Science Hill has to be the biggest blonder in THS athletics history! If there ever was a school that loves to cut off their nose to spite their face it's THS! For instance... it's obvious to anyone who has watched any football at all on Saturday that this new offense that Coach Boggs has brought to the table is much better suited for an option style QB that almost looks run first. But their has been no effort to groom one at the Junior High level. Instead they continue to put "Lil Johnny" at the spot because his daddy may show up at every practice or somthin... and they herd all the prospective athletes to wide-out or running back. So when it comes time for this class to come front and center on stage we will once again have a stable full of RBs that could each start at any Big 8 school competing for one or two spots. It's the Viking way!!! <_<

Edited by Cap1

True...true. Losing Shannon the way we did to Science Hill has to be the biggest blonder in THS athletics history! If there ever was a school that loves to cut off their nose to spite their face it's THS! For instance... it's obvious to anyone who has watched any football at all on Saturday that this new offense that Coach Boggs has brought to the table is much better suited for an option style QB that almost looks run first. But their has been no effort to groom one at the Junior High level. Instead they continue to put "Lil Johnny" at the spot because his daddy may show up at every practice or somthin... and they herd all the prospective athletes to wide-out or running back. So when it comes time for this class to come front and center on stage we will once again have a stable full of RBs that could each start at any Big 8 school competing for one or two spots. It's the Viking way!!! <_<

Cap do you know what happened to Gammon? Did he move? I noticed back in August but it just seems like an exodus is occurring. :cry:

I wanted to add one more thing. I think the Vikings have upgraded quite a bit from last year at the QB position. I think its that we are missing depth in every other skilled position especially wide-out. You can take two of our skilled players off the starting offense and we would truly struggle against ANY Big 8 team.... ANY ONE! The QB has proven that he has the ability to do his part (IMO) even though even he would admit that last week he tanked it pretty bad. :blush: But I still believe that he was caught off guard by the Bearcats speed and our lack of... and the fact that his favorite weapon is no longer in the holster.

Edited by Cap1

Cap do you know what happened to Gammon? Did he move? I noticed back in August but it just seems like an exodus is occurring. :cry:

No heart, no drive, and no one to push him now that Fred is no longer involved. I'm just hoping that Devo doesn't go down that same road because I didn't notice him over on the Virginia side Friday.

Dobyns-Bennett @ Daniel Boone---The real DB by a lot.

Science Hill @ David Crockett---The Hill by a lot.

Tennessee High @ Sullivan South---South in a low scoring game.

Volunteer @ Sullivan Central---Vol in a close one.

Dang cap you're jumping ship on ur vickings already? Ah what can ya expect from Bristol? Livin up to ur potential bud.