4-0 Riverdale VS 4-0 Siegel

warrior82dad

Yes I didnt care for the officials tonight. We had penalty after penalty in the first half! Also late in the game when they gave Siegel that first down- I don't believe that spot was no where near accurate. I usually try not to disagree with the spotting of the ball because I'm not on the field up close and personal but to me that looked way off. Just my opinion - besides that Siegel is a very strong team and I thought there defense was doing a pretty great job. I think Blackman is our biggest obstacle to come and I can see Siegel probably doing just as well with the second half of their season. Good job everyone:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I didnt care for the officials tonight. We had penalty after penalty in the first half! Also late in the game when they gave Siegel that first down- I don't believe that spot was no where near accurate. I usually try not to disagree with the spotting of the ball because I'm not on the field up close and personal but to me that looked way off. Just my opinion - besides that Siegel is a very strong team and I thought there defense was doing a pretty great job. I think Blackman is our biggest obstacle to come and I can see Siegel probably doing just as well with the second half of their season. Good job everyone:)

agree with you on the refs, their were really ticky tack calls on both sides of the ball, from the first unsportsman like on riverdale to the second unsportsman like to cant even get to the next play with another flag for a sideline warning, i think their were more flags tonight then the first four games combined

Very fun game to watch.

Agree that the officials were way too activist. I guess they heard that the TV guys were around and wanted more face time. It was a poor officiating crew...and I'll leave it at that.

Siegel outplayed Riverdale in the second half.

The offense sputtered again...mostly due to mistakes, dropped balls, and penalties. Well, actually mostly because of Siegels inspired play on defense but still way too many self-inflicted wounds. At least three drives died due to dropped passes that were right on target.

The defense played pretty darn good, except they got smoked in the 3d quarter. The offense was pretty much just bad in the second half and that left the defense on the field too much. It's the job of the offense to get first downs and let the defense rest. The defense bent but didn't break....held a VERY good offensive football team to 15 points.

Lots to work on...this team has a long way to go to get playoff ready. The biggest weakness is the offenses inability to sustain drives by stringing several first downs together, and then putting points on the board. Right now, Riverdale is living on the big play.

Siegel needs to find a punter.

Hope #7 is OK...he's a darn good QB.

Any body know what the diagnosis/prognosis was on our CB, #7 Brown.

Next Riverdale gets a fired up bunch at Hendersonville for their homecoming.

Very fun game to watch.

Agree that the officials were way too activist. I guess they heard that the TV guys were around and wanted more face time. It was a poor officiating crew...and I'll leave it at that.

Siegel outplayed Riverdale in the second half.

The offense sputtered again...mostly due to mistakes, dropped balls, and penalties. Well, actually mostly because of Siegels inspired play on defense but still way too many self-inflicted wounds. At least three drives died due to dropped passes that were right on target.

The defense played pretty darn good, except they got smoked in the 3d quarter. The offense was pretty much just bad in the second half and that left the defense on the field too much. It's the job of the offense to get first downs and let the defense rest. The defense bent but didn't break....held a VERY good offensive football team to 15 points.

Lots to work on...this team has a long way to go to get playoff ready. The biggest weakness is the offenses inability to sustain drives by stringing several first downs together, and then putting points on the board. Right now, Riverdale is living on the big play.

Siegel needs to find a punter.

Hope #7 is OK...he's a darn good QB.

Any body know what the diagnosis/prognosis was on our CB, #7 Brown.

Next Riverdale gets a fired up bunch at Hendersonville for their homecoming.

I have to give credit to coaching staff of siegel. They spotted a weakness on the left side of our D line and exploited it in the 3rd quarter when they went to the wild cat with the back taking direct snaps. It worked for one series then they shut it down. I agree about the problem with the dropped balls. Its seems to be #2 and #3 the Odom brothers mostly. They both want to run before catching the ball and as Ive said al year they seemed to be afriad to take a hit. Although #3 did a much better and more agressive job of punt returning last night. To stop this siegel team and give up mostly field goals was an outstanding perfomance overall by the defense. They need to get Davenport the ball in open field more. He's a horse and the D lines are now keying on him. Alot to work on this week and we have along way to go for the gold. #7 Brown had a dislocated knee and maybe out one more game. No damage detected and #23 Jackson has a high ankle sprain and could be back next friday. As for the officals, I agree, way too over the top. Calling a delay of game after the clock was reset on a first down because we snapped the ball before Seigels offense was set was rediculous!!! And the first down given to them in the forth quarter wasnt even close. I was standing right on the marker and he was short over a yard!! Im not sure what they were looking at??? 5-0 Great start...but were only half way home.. GO WARRIORS!!!

Congrats to Riverdale on a big win! Congrats to Siegel on a hard fought game! The pieces are coming together at Siegel! So proud for coach Wyant and his staff! Can't say enough about Coach Wyant he is just a class act! Another tough game this week vs. Hendersonville! This will be another nail biter! Keep working Warriors lots to take care of this week! GO WARRIORS! :hungry:

Congrats to the Warriors. Always good to get the w when you don't play well.

Wingman I thought we played well i just siegel was pretty good with each game there will be always something that can clean up to get better each week. overall we played good if we wanna win state though we are gonna have to get better but its just week 5 so we will get better..we did play good last bight

I thought the team played hard, and played pretty well. Tackling needs to get better...too many attempts to just knock the runner down rather than wrap him up.

Both teams left a lot of 'almost' big plays on the field. You want to make those plays when the opportunity arrives. Championship teams make those plays.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of improving left to do. This team just needs to get better every week.

Congrats to Riverdale on the win, the score at the end of the 1st half was a killer and Siegel could not get back within striking distance until late in the game. Hopefully #7 will be ok, and Siegel also gets #2 back soon.

Maybe too early for this, but I hope they don't put R'dale and Maryville in the same quad again this year. Those look like the best two teams in 6A.