BA - Pope John Paul II

WesVLT

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Staver gives them heck. How does a kid go from the d-line and third string QB on a very bad JP2 team to the one of the BEST QB's in the state?????? Other than the bad coaching at JP2. Please let Max pass for 500 yards friday night.

Yea, I said it! One of the BEST IN THE STATE. And you ran him off!

But how do you really feel?

I hope Staver gives them heck. How does a kid go from the d-line and third string QB on a very bad JP2 team to the one of the BEST QB's in the state?????? Other than the bad coaching at JP2. Please let Max pass for 500 yards friday night.

I love Max and most everything you say is correct except one of the best in the state! He is a good size kid with a decent upside...I wish Max well!

Welcome to the thread Mr. Staver...

Welcome to the thread Mr. Staver...

Sorry! I don't post stuff about Max. As a matter of fact, I just now registered with this site so I could respond to posts like this. If you would check further, the poster, Ballfan44, has a White House football helmet on his profile. I have no idea who it might be. I have no ill feelings toward JP2 coaches and at this point, a thank you to them would probably be in order.

We are happy to have Max and his family. Great folks. Don't know if he is one of the best QB's in the state, time will tell. It is impressive though that Louisville has offered him.

Wow - 5 games as a varsity QB and you have an offer from a DI college...interesting.

Got to see how he plays against a worthy opponent. He struggled with Trinity after the pick six. He has not faced a tough defense since then.

BA has Baylor, BGA, and Ensworth still on schedule. Those games should determine if BA QB is a good or great QB. BA's running game takes a lot of pressure off him. If I were BA's coaches I would make sure running backs stay healthy and pray #4, Annor, their best running back could come back and help in post season.

Edited by shakinthefat

"Wow - 5 games as a varsity QB and you have an offer from a DI college...interesting."-- Shakininthefat

Pretty interesting recruiting by Louisville, if they are offering players after 5 games, and having less passing yards than the other QB's in the rest of the League (The Tennesseean). Not saying its impossible, but ive been around highschool football for a long time, and have never heard of that.

"Wow - 5 games as a varsity QB and you have an offer from a DI college...interesting."-- Shakininthefat

Pretty interesting recruiting by Louisville, if they are offering players after 5 games, and having less passing yards than the other QB's in the rest of the League (The Tennesseean). Not saying its impossible, but ive been around highschool football for a long time, and have never heard of that.

What the heck does it matter how long you have been around high school football? If his dad says he has a verbal offer why shouldn't we believe him. If the Louisville scouts saw him at a camp or just watched him play one game and saw things that they believe project him as a D1 quarterback for their system then it is not inconceivable to believe he has an offer. I don't know the kid, but it sounds like a big reason he has only played 5 games is because the JPII coach didn't recognize his talent. Both BA and Louisville did. Good for him!

Edited by repo