( 1A )Sept 12 Poll

tricklician

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Dillard, I wish I could come to one of SP's games! I've saw WC and PC play and I'd like to get to a SP game but I doubt I'll get to. It would be nice to watch them all, and make up my own mind on who's the best. Does SP broadcast any of their games on the internet? Oh, and if you ever come to PC, I'll share my popcorn with you cause I don't have any fudge rounds.

Chemtrail, the SP/Signal Mtn game is on our off week. That would be a good one to go to.

A good football program is a good recruiter.

If mama or daddy thinks little Junior has a shot at going to college to play ball, they'll sometimes send him to a school that will get him noticed.

A team that consistently is in the state title game gets noticed.

It happens EVERYWHERE, and some just change schools for playing time and other opportunities. You can't convince me that this has never happened at schools like Perry Co., Wayne Co. or Jo Byrns.

Never? Yeah, it's probably happened. Often? No. I can't think of any notable JB athlete that wasn't homegrown or a legit transfer to the JB school district. It's a little harder to do given that there are five VERY well spaced (except WHH and ER) high schools in RobCo.

I'd like to go myself, but SM is a LONG drive from PC. Will it be broadcast on the net anywhere?

*BTW, happy birthday, logger.smiley-greet002.gif

Should be able to get it on the net at allinbroadcasting.com and then follow the link. The game usually comes up at 6:45 cst. Next weeks game at signal I think will start at 6 cst.. Better check on that but our announcers call a good game. Hope this helped.

I would guess that 95% of the students live within the city limits. We have some students from Kimball. Kimball is the town that connects South Pittsburg and Jasper. It is about 4 miles from the school. I am confident that 99% of the students at South Pittsburg High School live within a 10 mile radius of school. Some of these "observations" are kinda silly to be honest. We have a VERY small school and have to play with what we got. To be brutally honest, we have lost alot of athletes over the years to Marion County-Jasper.

I understand what Wildcatpride is tryin to say...in Wayne County we have three schools branched out over the county and all three are 20min.s apart. All three are 1A schools that 2 schools average graduating about 85 students a year and Clifton...well...about 25 on a real good year! The only 3A school close to use Lawrence Co. which is 40min.s away(30mins if you drive like me). In all my years of watching WC football I've never seein one kid not from Waynesboro play for WC football team until this year...got one kid that moved here(that was just for football)....granted there have been kids move because of family problems. SP is centered in between some bigger schools and has a bigger population than WC does. So, if there hasn't been any kids to ever come play at SP than I'll stay out of it but it would be hard for me to believe that some kids from those bigger schools wouldn't have come to play for a team with such good history and get noticed(especially if they weren't gettin to play at the other schools). Play with what you got no doubt, but sometimes there is more to pick from with what you got than others.

I honestly believe Wayne Co. is the best team in the state right now, especially after they thumped Cascade.

And, I'll be honest, other than Wayne, I don't know much about the West Tn teams.

Dad burnit, If only Cascade would have renewed their contract with SP the Pirates maybe could have swayed a few more 1st place votes ifin theys could thump(Recon SP folkes prefer earhole over thump) them again. Old Pirate says thanks for learning OP a tad more how a team can git ranked #1..... :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE