( 1A )Sept 12 Poll

tricklician

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what frustrates me is that all the teams like Perry CO. and Wayne Co. and Jo Byrns have to be in the same league as teams like South Pittsburg who can recruit because they are in a big county kind of like Mt.Pleasant and Columbia...Mt. Pleasant players can play at Columbia and Columbia kids can play at MTP...i mean like WC and PC they cant do anything because both live 2 hours away from a interstate...SP can get any good player they want that didnt play much at say Red Bank or some other school in Chattanooga...my point is PC, JB, and WC are the only really good teams that are SMALL TOWN bonafide country boys

what frustrates me is that all the teams like Perry CO. and Wayne Co. and Jo Byrns have to be in the same league as teams like South Pittsburg who can recruit because they are in a big county kind of like Mt.Pleasant and Columbia...Mt. Pleasant players can play at Columbia and Columbia kids can play at MTP...i mean like WC and PC they cant do anything because both live 2 hours away from a interstate...SP can get any good player they want that didnt play much at say Red Bank or some other school in Chattanooga...my point is PC, JB, and WC are the only really good teams that are SMALL TOWN bonafide country boys

This is a laughable statement! All of the kids that are playing for South Pittsburg minus the big lineman have been in school here since day one....and the big lineman is from South Pittsburg and went to school here thru elementary school. If SP recruited, they would be twice the team they are now.

I understand your statement as far as recruiting, but don't put SP in that category.

Every kid on this team that is a starter has played since jr high with the exceptions of 2 one has played since moving her in the 10th grade the other moved back this year,don't be frustrated SP is down this year we have played 3 games our offense is not clicking they have only put up 140 points , our defense can't seem to get on track, starters have given up 14 points and second string gave up 14 points,total of 28 points, to make things easy take us off the poll and try to figure out who will get the silver ball!! after we lost a couple last year we were not even supposed to be able to compete with JB at state no disrespect to them but they were introduced to SP football 101!!

Edited by CROSSBONES

Every kid on this team that is a starter has played since jr high with the exceptions of 2 one has played since moving her in the 10th grade the other moved back this year,don't be frustrated SP is down this year we have played 3 games our offense is not clicking they have only put up 140 points , our defense can't seem to get on track, starters have given up 14 points and second string gave up 14 points,total of 28 points, to make things easy take us off the poll and try to figure out who will get the silver ball!! after we lost a couple last year we were not even supposed to be able to compete with JB at state no disrespect to them but they were introduced to SP football 101!!

You're saying that NOT clicking is ONLY scoring 140pts in 3 games?!?!? Must be a nice "problem" to have! As far as your last statement, that was not the opinion of every JB fan, but as to what happened in Cookville, you'll get no arguement from me.

You're saying that NOT clicking is ONLY scoring 140pts in 3 games?!?!? Must be a nice "problem" to have! As far as your last statement, that was not the opinion of every JB fan, but as to what happened in Cookville, you'll get no arguement from me.

Shep,after i read my post back it sounded different than it was ment,nothing negative was ment towards JB or their fans the comment was aimed towards media we lost to SM and Polk so we were catagorized as not being a physical team.JB players and fans took the loss with class and there was not alot of trash talk and negativity on the field or off the field.I talked to several fans from JB great sportsmanship, figure JB tougher schedule will put you back at cookville, I expect we will have a few losses on the way but not by any 1A schools. 10-o means nothing if you get put out in the first round

I know next to nothing about 1A football other than SP is a year in and year out powerhouse. The other thing in 1A I do have quite a bit of knowledge on is Gordonsville. This years team is the real deal especially when the QB and his favorite WR are clicking. G-ville could very well be making a trip to Cookeville come the 1st week of December if they keep their heads on straight and stay healthy.