GREENEVILLE VS ALCOA

BIGGREENE

GoddardField:

You didn't even play but you have been called out (and identified) as a person who is critical of the beloved football team and legendary head football coach in Alcoa?

If I were you I would have to consider finding a "change of address" in a hurry.

It's hard to argue against 326-62 overall record with 9 state titles (74-6 with 5 state titles in 80 games as head coach @ Alcoa).

GoddardField:

You didn't even play but you have been called out (and identified) as a person who is critical of the beloved football team and legendary head football coach in Alcoa?

If I were you I would have to consider finding a "change of address" in a hurry.

It's hard to argue against 326-62 overall record with 9 state titles (74-6 with 5 state titles in 80 games as head coach @ Alcoa).

Wow, just came off the 6A board and Maryville has attacked one of their own fans, and I come on here and Alcoa fans are jumping on one of their own. What is going on? Can no one give their honest opinion anymore without fear of being excommunicated from the fan base? I have never seen Goddard say that Rankin is a bad coach, just that his opinion is that they (Alcoa) need a more balanced offense. Goddard Field seems to have an opinion that GQ is a little better coach than Rankin, which is entirely true. You cannot question whether Rankin is a good coach, his record speaks for itself, but most everyone will agree that he is not on the same level with GQ, even some of the Alcoa Faithful. It may surprise some Alcoa fans to know that Goddard Field is not the only Alcoa fan that thinks GQ is a better coach, I know several that share this opinion, and one even has a kid on the Alcoa team. I don't think anyone with this opinion is trying to throw off on Coach Rankin and his accomplishments, it is more of a testament to just how good GQ is than how bad Rankin is.

Can no one give their honest opinion anymore without fear of being excommunicated from the fan base? I have never seen Goddard say that Rankin is a bad coach, just that his opinion is that they (Alcoa) need a more balanced offense.

Most on here act like grownups and treat others with respect even though they might hold differing points of view. Unfortunately, there are a few who are vicious, unrelenting and juvenile in the way they treat and respond to other posters. Some of those happen to be Alcoa fans. In following this thread, it's clear to me there are some--though by no means all--in the Greeneville camp who are basically the same. I suspect (and hope) that those people are much nicer in real life and that they simply act that way on here because of the anonymity this kind of message board provides.

Does anybody know if Alcoa is practicing on artificial turf this week? I know before the Championship games they do, just curious about this week. If there is rain this Friday does it create a slick surface at Greeneville? In some of BVD's highlights (by the way, thanks BVD, I love the clips and the commentary) I've noticed an occassional slip or even a slight slide by some players. I would assume this gives the Devils a true homefield advantage. I know in the past some schools would change the type of shoes they wear on this surface, do you know if any schools have or if Alcoa is considering it?

Wow, just came off the 6A board and Maryville has attacked one of their own fans, and I come on here and Alcoa fans are jumping on one of their own. What is going on? Can no one give their honest opinion anymore without fear of being excommunicated from the fan base? I have never seen Goddard say that Rankin is a bad coach, just that his opinion is that they (Alcoa) need a more balanced offense. Goddard Field seems to have an opinion that GQ is a little better coach than Rankin, which is entirely true. You cannot question whether Rankin is a good coach, his record speaks for itself, but most everyone will agree that he is not on the same level with GQ, even some of the Alcoa Faithful. It may surprise some Alcoa fans to know that Goddard Field is not the only Alcoa fan that thinks GQ is a better coach, I know several that share this opinion, and one even has a kid on the Alcoa team. I don't think anyone with this opinion is trying to throw off on Coach Rankin and his accomplishments, it is more of a testament to just how good GQ is than how bad Rankin is.

Holy mother of Pearl!!!! Someone FINALLY.....FINALLY....FINALLY gets it. I was really starting to question peoples education.

Oh and for the record, I have no fear of being "excommunicated" as you put it cause A LOT of the fan base only started rooting for Alcoa when Little Jimmy started playing. Once they're gone they'll go back to just reading scores in the news papers

Just run down some photos of the 1999 6-6 season. Those Alcoa stands werent packed and you could get to the game in 2nd Quarter and have plenty of room to sit. Amazing how once you starting winning the fans come out huh? :rolleyes:

Edited by GoddardField

Most on here act like grownups and treat others with respect even though they might hold differing points of view. Unfortunately, there are a few who are vicious, unrelenting and juvenile in the way they treat and respond to other posters. Some of those happen to be Alcoa fans. In following this thread, it's clear to me there are some--though by no means all--in the Greeneville camp who are basically the same. I suspect (and hope) that those p. eople are much nicer in real life and that they simply act

that way on here because of the anonymity this kind of message board provides.

I can't wait to have some of that homemade nanner puddin......