Hampton

JPII

what do you think?

JP, it may be a few years before we see a team like we've watched for the last four!

There is some talent this year, just not sure how it'll come together. I know there is very good talent on the way...After watching the 8th graders play this summer, I can see the next four years being a run-n-gun, high powered team with great scorers and TEAM players....I see trips back to the boro in the near future :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

what do you think?

Your not rebuilding,just reloading. Gonna have a good team this year. This conf. is going to be a fight this year. Unaka will be tough and I'm looking for big things from my Landers, Even though they lost a great group of srs. just like hampton. Not sure about U.H. but I'd say they will bring something to the table as well. Gonna be a good competitive year, and a bunch of great matchups for sure.Buncha fun games to watch I'm thinking. :popcorneater: Now on the girls side we should be the clear favorites I'm thinking. Although with D.Dugger playin for you,your never out of it.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

A lot of Unaka boys gave up football to try to get back to dominating in roundball. I heard they were tired of being manhandled by Cloudland and Hampton. The Landers and Dogs have completely taken over Carter County athletics and I'm sure they welcome the challenge of Unaka trying to change that. I don't see it happening. Gonna be an exciting year.

• 2 weeks later...

what do you think?

I hope to see you guys get back to where you were last year very quickly. I watched Hampton play twice last year and really became a fan because of their tremendous sportsmanship and character on the floor. Not to mention how well those kids could play! I followed you guys all the way up till the end hoping they would win it all. Good luck this year guys!

75 to 85 percent of high school coaches practice illegaly in someway form or fashion across the state of Tennessee. Most coaches A.Either dont care about the risk of getting turned in or caught. Or B. Dont exactly know the rules. If you step on the floor at anytime and give directions to a player or instruct a player to do a drill before October 31st that is considered "illegal" Most of the schools admenistration know's its going on, they just overlook it.

I think the Rangers and Landers will be the class of the field this yr...Hampton will be at best .500...graduation has sapped Hampton. But from reports, they have been at full practice for a month now...better hope TSSAA doesnt pay them a visit...but thats the way Smith works...he was the same at Roan Mtn too.

If thats the case, it won't be that way for long. I will agree that Cloudland should be a force but Unaka is LOADED imo.

75 to 85 percent of high school coaches practice illegaly in someway form or fashion across the state of Tennessee. Most coaches A.Either dont care about the risk of getting turned in or caught. Or B. Dont exactly know the rules. If you step on the floor at anytime and give directions to a player or instruct a player to do a drill before October 31st that is considered "illegal" Most of the schools admenistration know's its going on, they just overlook it.

You are exactly correct but I think TSSAA only cares about the money at the gate and to heck with the rules!!

I think the Rangers and Landers will be the class of the field this yr...Hampton will be at best .500...graduation has sapped Hampton. But from reports, they have been at full practice for a month now...better hope TSSAA doesnt pay them a visit...but thats the way Smith works...he was the same at Roan Mtn too.

Don't kid yourself,Hampton will be a handful this year. Especially after they get the ones playing football back in the fold. They will be young,Like my Landers,but by turney time......they'll be a tough out for anybody.

Don't kid yourself,Hampton will be a handful this year. Especially after they get the ones playing football back in the fold. They will be young,Like my Landers,but by turney time......they'll be a tough out for anybody.

IF they play team ball...and I still think it will be a another year before they are a force. I hope Im wrong, but we will see.

As far as football goes, they will get Trusler back, which they will need that size on the block...I heard Chambers may not return to basketball this season. I can not think of another off the fb team unless it would be Smith.

A big help is having back the Scalf kid that quit last year. I hope he stays with it, he's a talent. If we would have had him in Mboro, we'd brought home that gold ball last season

Edited by uknoit2

IF they play team ball...and I still think it will be a another year before they are a force. I hope Im wrong, but we will see.

As far as football goes, they will get Trusler back, which they will need that size on the block...I heard Chambers may not return to basketball this season. I can not think of another off the fb team unless it would be Smith.

A big help is having back the Scalf kid that quit last year. I hope he stays with it, he's a talent. If we would have had him in Mboro, we'd brought home that gold ball last season

I also heard Cody Ingle was playing.Don't know anything about his bb ability,but he's got pretty good size. Might be a big help.