Hampton

JPII

Uknowit2 IMO both Cloudland and Unaka are a year or two away. Both teams are mostly made up of talented Juniors and pretty good Sophmores. I think this is one of those years where you can expect to see two things. 1. I think that any team in the conference can lose 2 games and still share or win the conference.

2.There wont be any team go undefeated. Every team in the conference this year is pretty well balanced. I dont put much stock like some people do on how a jv team finishes prior to the upcoming season. Alot of kids/teams develope a whole lot over the summer and it's hard to tell what's in store for each team until November roles around. Coaches pretty much will tell you and im a firm believer in it but you honestly dont know how good you are going to be until mid december early January which is when you want to start playing your best basketball.But I do believe this is going to be a very exciting year for every team in the conference amd pretty much expect to see a battle every night from each team. But I will give my prediction on how I think the outcome will look for each team.

1.Cloudland- Very athletic with a good Junior and younger class. Very consistent at going to the state tournament. But as usual I think defense will be their biggest focus as it is every year which will help them get back to Murfreesboro.

2.Unaka- They are alot similar to Cloudland.Very good Junior and Sophmore class that plays hard on the defensive end of the floor and has alot of athletes returning.

3.Hampton- This team is pretty much made up of good role players from last years team. Lost a good crop of seniors from last years team but I think this team has the tools to be a good team after Christmas but its one of those processes where it's going to take alot of teaching and developing kids how to get ready at the varsity level.

4.North Greene- They return a very good guard in the Britton kid to go along with good athletes. Ted always puts a good group of kids on the floor that are diciplined and plays hard.North Greene will be one of those type of teams that could upset anybody if you dont show up to play.

5.University High- They return the Crowe kid back and usually had pretty good shooters. You just never know what they are going to have coming in transfer wise prior to the season so it's hard to gage or predict how they are going to be.

Feel free to let me know your opinions and good luck to everyone this season it's sneaking up on us fast.

I heard that a person would have to buy a program this year to see who the players were and where they are from because there are so many new transfers in. They also said that the majority of the football players were not going to play basketball with Smith being the only question mark, the rest NO. SAD situation, anything to try to win.

Now, what kinda bull is this?! <_<

Trusler will play, as will Ingle and Smith (most likely). IF Chambers doesnt play it will only be because he has decided to spend all his time getting ready for football next season. Now, what other FB player(s) every played basketball that will not play this year?

There are some transfers and they go like this...Freshman, Sophomore, and not eligible...I dont see that assuring a state title run this year!

It will be this young team mixed with the upcoming, life-long BULLDOG talent that will have Hampton fans gleaming for the next few years :thumb:

Uknowit2 IMO both Cloudland and Unaka are a year or two away. Both teams are mostly made up of talented Juniors and pretty good Sophmores. I think this is one of those years where you can expect to see two things. 1. I think that any team in the conference can lose 2 games and still share or win the conference.

2.There wont be any team go undefeated. Every team in the conference this year is pretty well balanced. I dont put much stock like some people do on how a jv team finishes prior to the upcoming season. Alot of kids/teams develope a whole lot over the summer and it's hard to tell what's in store for each team until November roles around. Coaches pretty much will tell you and im a firm believer in it but you honestly dont know how good you are going to be until mid december early January which is when you want to start playing your best basketball.But I do believe this is going to be a very exciting year for every team in the conference amd pretty much expect to see a battle every night from each team. But I will give my prediction on how I think the outcome will look for each team.

1.Cloudland- Very athletic with a good Junior and younger class. Very consistent at going to the state tournament. But as usual I think defense will be their biggest focus as it is every year which will help them get back to Murfreesboro.

2.Unaka- They are alot similar to Cloudland.Very good Junior and Sophmore class that plays hard on the defensive end of the floor and has alot of athletes returning.

3.Hampton- This team is pretty much made up of good role players from last years team. Lost a good crop of seniors from last years team but I think this team has the tools to be a good team after Christmas but its one of those processes where it's going to take alot of teaching and developing kids how to get ready at the varsity level.

4.North Greene- They return a very good guard in the Britton kid to go along with good athletes. Ted always puts a good group of kids on the floor that are diciplined and plays hard.North Greene will be one of those type of teams that could upset anybody if you dont show up to play.

5.University High- They return the Crowe kid back and usually had pretty good shooters. You just never know what they are going to have coming in transfer wise prior to the season so it's hard to gage or predict how they are going to be.

Feel free to let me know your opinions and good luck to everyone this season it's sneaking up on us fast.

IMO, Unaka is closer to being the team with the most 'developed' talent...and if the coaching change brings discipline, I believe they will be tough! If they play half-cocked (as the last few years) and if the coach cant match wits with the Smiths and Carpenters of the league, they will be competitive...but only for the 1st half (ps. Im no creeker fan either).

I say what I say about Unaka then think of Cloudland! They are athletic for sure! The blond-headed kid (sophomore I think, his name escapes me) can shoot the rock and JUMP OUTTA THE DANG GYM! If #4 plays as capable, and if they feed off Carp's energy, they'll will be strong!

UH...well, they're the team everyone wants to beat...cant overlook them nor NG.

HAMPTON: We always have talent and height but this year we have Ned! Im aware he wasnt liked by all at Cloudland and he wont be liked by all here...but I like him! He's a coach that doesnt seem to choose his favorites and will let his talent run the floor...and that will bode well for the upcoming Jr DOGS next year... they'll be capable of helping this young team go far in 2013 and on thru 2016!

As for this year, I just dont know yet....we have shooters and we have height and we'll have Trusler's size on the blocks. Moving without the ball, ball/floor control, D-hustle will tell the tale on this bunch soon! I will be cheering for em as usual and hope they go undefeated...but, as you, I dont see that being the case for any team in our conf this season.

Edited by uknoit2

• 4 weeks later...

For more than 3-qtrs, Hampton played well with Elizabethton...If a few shots had fallen, shot selection been a lil better, I believe we would've got the W! The bigs gotta get to the boards and hang a lil tougher down low...and stay outta foul trouble! When Murray is within 15' he's automatic!! (Ive got a feeling that 3-pt line is a bit too tempting to em all). Trusler is a work horse and Johnny just needs to realize his potential.

Alot of big talk about Eliz. I just didn't see it last night. Let me beat Eliz to it...it was their worst game yet and, of crse, the refn was against them ;)

Got to remember, Hampton is young and will be alot better in another month...could get very interesting :thumb:

IMO, Unaka is closer to being the team with the most 'developed' talent...and if the coaching change brings discipline, I believe they will be tough! If they play half-cocked (as the last few years) and if the coach cant match wits with the Smiths and Carpenters of the league, they will be competitive...but only for the 1st half (ps. Im no creeker fan either).

I say what I say about Unaka then think of Cloudland! They are athletic for sure! The blond-headed kid (sophomore I think, his name escapes me) can shoot the rock and JUMP OUTTA THE DANG GYM! If #4 plays as capable, and if they feed off Carp's energy, they'll will be strong!

UH...well, they're the team everyone wants to beat...cant overlook them nor NG.

HAMPTON: We always have talent and height but this year we have Ned! Im aware he wasnt liked by all at Cloudland and he wont be liked by all here...but I like him! He's a coach that doesnt seem to choose his favorites and will let his talent run the floor...and that will bode well for the upcoming Jr DOGS next year... they'll be capable of helping this young team go far in 2013 and on thru 2016!

As for this year, I just dont know yet....we have shooters and we have height and we'll have Trusler's size on the blocks. Moving without the ball, ball/floor control, D-hustle will tell the tale on this bunch soon! I will be cheering for em as usual and hope they go undefeated...but, as you, I dont see that being the case for any team in our conf this season.

uknoit2... I made it up to the Dawg Pound tonight. I was impressed with your dawgs. Played hard and played pretty good. If they'd scored in the first 4-5 minutes (had several easy shots not fall) they'd probably had a 8-10 point lead in the first half. Ned get's the most out of what he has. Tressler is an athlete. Played good against the bigger guys. I'd take him any day. Murray could come along nicely. A little experience will do him good. McClain scored a lot but I wasn't impressed. He just stops and throws crap up.

Elizabethton passes the eye test don't they!! But what a waste... I don't understand Gordan's coaching at all. These kids could make some noise with the right leader.

Yes, BAD 1st qtr....alot of growing up to do tho.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yes they pass the "eye test" and that was about it...i have no idea what the coach was doing. Alot of good talent sat while others played way too much IMO. The Baugman kid is the real deal as is Redd and couple others if they had a PG to get the ball quickly down the floor and in control...

Last year's Hampton team would have beat this Eliz team by 30!

This years Dogs may surprise Eliz at their next meeting!

For more than 3-qtrs, Hampton played well with Elizabethton...If a few shots had fallen, shot selection been a lil better, I believe we would've got the W! The bigs gotta get to the boards and hang a lil tougher down low...and stay outta foul trouble! When Murray is within 15' he's automatic!! (Ive got a feeling that 3-pt line is a bit too tempting to em all). Trusler is a work horse and Johnny just needs to realize his potential.

Alot of big talk about Eliz. I just didn't see it last night. Let me beat Eliz to it...it was their worst game yet and, of crse, the refn was against them ;)

Got to remember, Hampton is young and will be alot better in another month...could get very interesting :thumb:

This is where your wrong. Elizabethton is overrated and played to their best potential. Give Hampton credit their defence is deadly and their offence is deadly also. Give them time to jell and quit speaking of last year that is the past and will be forgotten in a year or two. This is the present so quit talking about how amazing your kid used to be when he really wasn't

This is where your wrong. Elizabethton is overrated and played to their best potential. Give Hampton credit their defence is deadly and their offence is deadly also. Give them time to jell and quit speaking of last year that is the past and will be forgotten in a year or two. This is the present so quit talking about how amazing your kid used to be when he really wasn't

Nice 1st post Einstein!

You need to go back and read my posts...My statement about Eliz having a bad game was making fun of what the Eliz fans would be saying concerning Hampton playing them so closely!

I just said Hampton would be alot better after December and may surprise Eliz at their next meeting...Read!

Now, as concerning MY kid....If you do know me and my kid, I've never said he 'was' amazing, nor bragged. He played the game and done well in most people's opinion.

You sound like you have a personal problem. If you know me, you know Im easy to find...Dont hide behind a computer, come on by :thumb:

Bulldogs, as usual, are still going with the "1 man team". New coach with the same ole mentality. Maybe thats why Roan Mtn was very tired of him and not to mention absolutely NO DISCLIPINE! He, as in R MTN, doesnt treat all the kids with the same fairness. According to reports, you can quit today and start tomorrow. Punish some kids and others get by with murder! According to "insiders" a lot of talent has left the team and is fed up. Looks like Carp just might teach some people a lesson this year. Good luck to all Dist 1 teams. :popcorneater: