South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

This is getting ridiculous....This thread has been over taken by idiots....What happened to all the moderators that helped keep these threads decent...I dont even like to play along and call myself TrainTracks after reading all this gibberish...Getting redundant and makes me wanna drink and shoot mysrlf in the head reading all this garbage...

Okay TT, I'm ready to shoot myself in the head now, too. Let's talk football.

SP's front 7-8 won't be able to stop our running game. #2, #3, #30, and #32 will Traintrack the Parrots.:thumb:

The air assault from Phillips to Queen and Patton will be equally effective.

SP's speed and skill will be successful in the first half, so I expect a shootout in the first half. However, Signal's depth and strength will take over in the second half, and it will get ugly.

I predict a repeat of Signal's championship game last year. 56-28

From tfp site:

Coaches: South Pittsburg's Vic Grider, Signal Mountain's Bill Price.

Interesting stats/facts: While this is the third meeting between the two, this is the first time that one of the two won't enter the game undefeated. Signal lost to Class 6A power Blackman by a lopsided margin on Sept. 9. South Pittsburg hasn't yet been challenged and is coming off a 46-0 pasting of rival Marion County. South Pittsburg won the first game 48-20 at Signal and Signal won last year at South Pittsburg 40-36.

What to watch: South Pittsburg QB Jake Stone and how much he passes, or has to pass, against the Eagles, whose pass defense is still a little soft. Of course after seeing Blackman run through the Eagles for 420 yards, Pirates RB Jajuan Lankford has to be licking his chops. The Pirates' offensive line is actually as big if not bigger than that of Blackman and Signal defenders might actually have to try and outquick the Pirates.

Okay TT, I'm ready to shoot myself in the head now, too. Let's talk football.

SP's front 7-8 won't be able to stop our running game. #2, #3, #30, and #32 will Traintrack the Parrots.:thumb:

The air assault from Phillips to Queen and Patton will be equally effective.

SP's speed and skill will be successful in the first half, so I expect a shootout in the first half. However, Signal's depth and strength will take over in the second half, and it will get ugly.

I predict a repeat of Signal's championship game last year. 56-28

I think we try get to your QB in an old fashion way of blitz disguises. If that doesn't work then you are correct, it will be a long nite for us. However if we can rattle him or keep him guessing as to what side the pressure is coming we may keep it close to the end, Like they say, you let a team hang around they get confidence and we could have a finish like last year. No excuse but with Chubb out we are a different team.

From tfp site:

Interesting stats/facts: While this is the third meeting between the two, this is the first time that one of the two won't enter the game undefeated. Signal lost to Class 6A power Blackman by a lopsided margin on Sept. 9. South Pittsburg hasn't yet been challenged and is coming off a 46-0 pasting of rival Marion County. South Pittsburg won the first game 48-20 at Signal and Signal won last year at South Pittsburg 40-36.

What to watch: South Pittsburg QB Jake Stone and how much he passes, or has to pass, against the Eagles, whose pass defense is still a little soft. Of course after seeing Blackman run through the Eagles for 420 yards, Pirates RB Jajuan Lankford has to be licking his chops. The Pirates' offensive line is actually as big if not bigger than that of Blackman and Signal defenders might actually have to try and outquick the Pirates.

Nice hype on the offense if D can hold give the pirates the win!

From tfp site:

Shhhh, pirate mike, we are suppose to be sandbaggin. .My grandpa use to tell me to catch an eagle (or any other bird) you have to slip up behind it and salt it's tail. Edited by TheBlackPearl

The game is going to come down to defense. Both teams will score and score a lot. I just do not think this will be a blow out. Can Signal run and pass on us? Yes. Can we run and pass on Signal? Yes. Who makes the stupid mistake first? Watch and see if that does not decide the game. Which side is going to come with more fire and energy and passion? Every young man in this battle Friday night will be tested. Who will win the battle? Only time will tell. None the less, I hope for a great atmosphere like last year!

The game is going to come down to defense. Both teams will score and score a lot. I just do not think this will be a blow out. Can Signal run and pass on us? Yes. Can we run and pass on Signal? Yes. Who makes the stupid mistake first? Watch and see if that does not decide the game. Which side is going to come with more fire and energy and passion? Every young man in this battle Friday night will be tested. Who will win the battle? Only time will tell. None the less, I hope for a great atmosphere like last year!

As many yards rushing yard as he had, against anybody will fire you up. I think he is about to hit his stride. Edited by TheBlackPearl