State Predictions

clifford20

I am not sure that I would say that this point anyone is weaker. At tournament time, they may be less consistant becasue I have seen both play State Tournament type Volleyball and right now Collierville seems to be peaking and Houston is a little down. Either, if they got hot, could be worthy opponents to anyone else except one. I hate to put a target on their back but Ravenwood seems to have the most power overall, size and technical ability and have been there before and know how to win. They likely wont have the "Deer in the headlight" syndrome that usually happens to schools who have players who have not been there or who have first time coaches who have to be aware its a new experience. While some of these things are physicological, they occur year after year if you look ba ck. All of these things along with a fine coach will make them hard to beat.

Now when you get past that, the draw has as much to do with what happens than anything else and the way the school is currently playing. I'm not sure I agree with all of the schools mentioned but I do agree that it will be those type schools with that talent or even better. I will say this will be the best State Tournament and field that has been sent to the BORO in the past 10 years years in AAA. Lace up your sneakers and fill up your water bottles and understand if you get there and after you get thru the process, this is for the bragging rights for being the best in Tennessee for that period of time.

Now as for the other Divisions, AA is shaping up the same way and with some of the schools, they are back again. Most of the top AA schools can give the AAA schools a tussle. The suspects are the ones mentioned. This will be a terrific AA competition. Look for the Red Banks, the Pages, someone out of West Tennessee and some school that will have Greene attached to their name likely in the mix.

And then A wiil send some fine schools, many of which will bring most of their community with them that will make it exciting.

After seeing some of the D2 schools play, there are some terrific players in AA and A and the results generally not as was expected but worthy of their titles. These schools play an extremely high level of Volleyball.

So put the week on your schedule and don't overlook anyone on your way.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson County is the youngest team on the list but don't count them out. I think they only have 1 senior, and start mainly sophs and juniors. They know how to win. They have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place tournament record this year and host the East Tennessee Round-up on Saturday.

It would not surprise me to see them back in the state finals.

Prediction Time:

AAA:

Sullivan South

Farragut

Soddy Daisy

Riverdale

Ravenwood

Independence

Collierville

Houston

AC could replace one of the top two, siegel or Cookville could take Riverdale's place, and Brentwood could take the spot for Indepndence, but at the end of the day I think it will be Ravenwood with the Championship

AA:

CAK

Stone Memorial

Red Bank

Signal Mountain (Homer Pick)

Page

Goodpasture

Dyersburg

Crockett County

Really don't know the teams from the West, so this is a complete guess. If Signal Mountain doesn't make it, I think it will be Notre Dame, but wouldn't be completely suprised if it is Hixson. I think Page most likely repeats, but this weekend in Nashville someone told me they thought Gooodpasture would win it all.

A:

I don't know all of the teams, and early in the year said that Sale Creek would win it all. After watching Friendship Christian over the weekend, I am revising my prediction. I think Friendship wins, Sale Creek comes in second and Summertown comes in third.

Div II

Ensworth

GPS

Baylor

St. Agnes

A good chance St. Agnes takes the crown.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Prediction Time:

AAA:

Sullivan South

Farragut

Soddy Daisy

Riverdale

Ravenwood

Independence

Collierville

Houston

AC could replace one of the top two, siegel or Cookville could take Riverdale's place, and Brentwood could take the spot for Indepndence, but at the end of the day I think it will be Ravenwood with the Championship

AA:

CAK

Stone Memorial

Red Bank

Page

Goodpasture

Dyersburg

Crockett County

Really don't know the teams from the West, so this is a complete guess. If Signal Mountain doesn't make it, I think it will be Notre Dame, but wouldn't be completely suprised if it is Hixson. I think Page most likely repeats, but this weekend in Nashville someone told me they thought Gooodpasture would win it all.

A:

I don't know all of the teams, and early in the year said that Sale Creek would win it all. After watching Friendship Christian over the weekend, I am revising my prediction. I think Friendship wins, Sale Creek comes in second and Summertown comes in third.

Div II

Ensworth

GPS

Baylor

St. Agnes

Yours is a good post. You were there, Brentwood beat Indy at Mid Tenn this weekend. I mention that because IMO the two teams that come out of District 11 will likely be in the State and maybe the semifinals. Two schools that will make some noise might be the winner(Undefeated in a weaker District) in District 12 and Dyersburg, playing very well in AA. With an injury to the great player at Riverdale and some up and down play by both Blackman and Siegel, its impossible to predict the 7AAA District and the Region 4 outcome. The schools have played and played each other and are tired and now hurt. Very gritty.

• 2 weeks later...

Prediction Time:

AAA:

Sullivan South

Farragut

Soddy Daisy

Riverdale

Ravenwood

Independence

Collierville

Houston

I think I can get 7 out of these 8 to State. Congrats to Siegel on beating Riverdale and getting to host, even though I'm rooting for Ooltewah to pull the upset at Siegel. Way to go Soddy - roll on into State.

AA:

CAK

Stone Memorial

Red Bank

Page

Goodpasture

Dyersburg

Crockett County

I'm not sure about these other than seeing CAK won its Region. One of these Chattanooga teams won't be advancing, as East Hamilton upset Red Bank tonight, so Signal will host Red Bank with the winner going to State. Signal beat Notre Dame in 4.

A:

Div II

Ensworth

GPS

Baylor

St. Agnes

SM, as far as I know unless you know something I don't, we still have the sections to go, the sub State. As far as I know, siegel has to play Ooltewah and Riverdale has to play Soddy. All other Regions have the same format.

I guess you hadn't heard they had cancelled the Substate round (just kidding).

If you re-read what had been posted, I noted I was not going to be correct on all 8 picks for AAA state, and this was because of the fact that Soddy and Riverdale were going to have to play each other in ... wait for it... Substate. I also noted that both Signal and Red Bank could not advance to AA State because they were going to have to play each other in . . . wait for it . . . Substate.

I guess you hadn't heard they had cancelled the Substate round (just kidding).

If you re-read what had been posted, I noted I was not going to be correct on all 8 picks for AAA state, and this was because of the fact that Soddy and Riverdale were going to have to play each other in ... wait for it... Substate. I also noted that both Signal and Red Bank could not advance to AA State because they were going to have to play each other in . . . wait for it . . . Substate.

All of that is true but somewhat confusing. Substate.....Sectionals.....substate....sectionals but it has the Big Guys doing it too, they get paid the big bucks. My list was easy this year. Farragut was a little confusing although they just kept winning and winning and became easier about 5 weeks ago. Riverdale would just not give up and then Blackman wanted to make a run. AA has really become exciting and this years State is again very competitive but Page and Red Bank will put on a show. Page, like I'm sure Red Bank, during the season just continues to play AAA schools and puts them down. They are good and well coached. And A, here comes Sale Creek women trying to be the first A Womens champion in the schools history in Volleyball. The pressure might be a little too much but the same is for Friendship if that materializes. You did quite a job now if you can handle the winners in DII, which should be easy...... You only have 8 schools and I think I will give you a clue, one may be Ensworth and you'll have to pick the other. Good luck and you are the master picker of the year unless someone else wants it.....Lets see, put it on another thread wo everyone can watch. Great job.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Yes this process is moving slower than I would have expected
    • also was told coady auston applied, he served as defensive coordinator for greenfield under don pitt several years ago before going to Obion county  
    • TSSAA restrictions for hiring non-faculty coaches have been removed for over a year at this point. In the past a non-faculty person had to be "grandfathered" by being an assistant coach for five years, being fingerprinted, and having a background check run per TSSAA rules... since those were rescinded, the board of directors for the school district are responsible for any/all restrictions on hiring non-faculty personnel. I guess what I'm saying to you is that if you really wanted what you posted, it's already possible as long as your local BOE will allow for it.
    • stop it, rlh. you’re gonna get me all misty eyed and sentimental.    i see seven fairly regularly. ….but slim shady, that’s like spotting bigfoot on main street. you just hope he doesn’t spot you. 
    • Are you trying to say you didn't find Seven and ShadySlim going at it?