MBA vs Pearl-Cohn

howdoitknow

Can the Firebirds pull the upset and come away with a rare victory over an old rival?

Yes they can pull the upset with this MBA team. Pearl played BGA a closer game tham MBA did so I would say that this is a toss up game..MBA is looking at a possible losing season this year and that should not happen at MBA. The 2006 team had a losing record due to the teams top 2 QB's going down for the season early in the year..

The talent level must be really down at MBA . High School football is not that complicated its about scheming and usually the team with the best players wins.. I see this team as either down athletically or lacking in some Sr leadership. Any comment on this from some one closer to the program. I thought last years team got the most out of their abilities in going 9-3.I also do not see the hard hitting style that I have been accustomed to seeing MBA play over the past few years .. They just look soft.. I hope they can turn this thing around..They did not look good against BGA.. This team looks bad on offense also.. very sloppy..

The talent level must be really down at MBA . High School football is not that complicated its about scheming and usually the team with the best players wins.. I see this team as either down athletically or lacking in some Sr leadership. Any comment on this from some one closer to the program. I thought last years team got the most out of their abilities in going 9-3.I also do not see the hard hitting style that I have been accustomed to seeing MBA play over the past few years .. They just look soft.. I hope they can turn this thing around..They did not look good against BGA.. This team looks bad on offense also.. very sloppy..

I think there is a lot of truth to that. However, I've seen HS teams with inferior athletes be very successful (see MBA teams in '95, '96).

I know they have had quite a few injuries, but this MBA does not appear well-coached. They do look soft and unsure of themselves. Too many missed tackles and too many penalties. They just don't seem that disciplined. I don't see a killer instinct either. Not a lot of emotion or leadership.

When was the last time MBA was 1-4? Coach Eu better get it turned around quickly or he may be headed elsewhere. I find it hard to believe that they would be 1-4 if the old staff were in place.

I think there is a lot of truth to that. However, I've seen HS teams with inferior athletes be very successful (see MBA teams in '95, '96).

I know they have had quite a few injuries, but this MBA does not appear well-coached. They do look soft and unsure of themselves. Too many missed tackles and too many penalties. They just don't seem that disciplined. I don't see a killer instinct either. Not a lot of emotion or leadership.

When was the last time MBA was 1-4? Coach Eu better get it turned around quickly or he may be headed elsewhere. I find it hard to believe that they would be 1-4 if the old staff were in place.

I agree but the reality is, a team like '95 or '96 didn't have near the schedule like this team has to start the year. That's the reality of playing in D2--in addition to BA, you get a really good Baylor team, and maybe the best BGA team in a long time. A team like the '95 team facing a schedule like this might easily find itself sitting at 1-4 also.

Regardless--I agree. It's a poorly coached team with plenty enough talent to do better than what we've seen so far. What's the most disappointing is how "un-physcial" we are.

This game has upset potential. Pearl-Cohn has played strong defensive football, with the exception of a 30-6 loss to a talented Blackman offense. They only gave up 17 points to BGA, whereas MBA surrendered 35.

Most teams in Tennessee would be 1-4 if they switched schedules with MBA, but the Big Red aren't most teams. Their slow start has been shocking not because they've lost, but because of the way they've lost. The term "must-win" is grossly overused, but it applies this weekend. I think they'll get it done in an ugly one... 20-16.

I agree with several of the points in this comment, but not all. This team has had a rough start to say the least, but it is well within their potential to turn it around all the way up to Game #10.

Leadership on the field, offensive turnovers, and penalties are all correctable. I believe this team is just a few adjustments away from realizing their potential.

As far as the comparison to last years coaching staff, I would rather be 1-9 with the current staff than 13-0 with the previous one.

Regardless--I agree. It's a poorly coached team with plenty enough talent to do better than what we've seen so far. What's the most disappointing is how "un-physcial" we are.

Big Red Big Blue, you have been on these boards for quite sometime supporting the Big Red and you offer nice opinions. The team is very un-physical. you would never see that from last years staff or any team coached be Coach elliot. Toughness has been a trademark of the Big Red. We used to win with lesser players and better coaching. Unfortunately this year we have the opposite...in some games we have better players, but lesser coaching.