Shelbyville @ LaVergne

gobigblue86

Not sure what to think about this game. Looked at the schedule before the season and had this one down as a win for LaVergne. Not sure it is now that it is time to play it. LaVergne has some key players out for this one but he is a LB where they are fairly deep but he is the heart and soul of that Defense. I would say he is the QB of the defense and will be missed. Speaking of QB LaVergne is now starting a Freshmen at QB. He is very talented but he's a freshmen. He played well late in the Smyrna game after the handcuff were taken off and think he'll do fine. Shelbyville is a supirse to me. They went wire to wire with a good Columbia team last week which not many saw coming. This is a pivotal point in the season for Coach Stevens and LaVergne. Which road will they go down. Should be a good game. Hope to see a nice crowd again for this game.

Edited by gobigblue86

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Bills? And I thought the Sophomore, Fore, was backup QB.

Bills was taken out in the Mt Juliet game and replaced with Miller the freshmen and he played well. Ford was the backup until Miller took it in the Mt Juliet game. He's a nice player and gives LaVergne a better opportunity to win. He throws a nice catchable ball and runs the offense best. He seems to be the guy who's in when LaVergnes offense moves the ball. He has a nice feel for what coach Stevens wants done on the field. He struggle a bit against Smyrna but got it going later in the game but it was just to late.

I've seen Lavergne play. I don't think it's going to be the blow out everyone thinks it is. Just because it's

"Rutherford County Football" doesn't mean its gonna be a cake walk for Rutherford County's worst team.

Make your predictions now. Check back when it's in the books.

I agree. If LaVergne can't get something going on the ground and keep there defense off the field Shelbyville may win this game. I think LaVergne will and win in a good close ballgame. I say 30-24 LaVergne