Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

Then I reckon you and I have a difference of opinion here. Fact is he is good enough to play at a D1 school.

Where? What D1 School? I guess we disagree, we'll see where he ends up, I'll go a c-note it's not D1 Not knocking the kid, But you said he was the best HS cathcer you have ever seen?

Did you ever you see Nicky Delmonico from Farragut play last year? He signed with the Orioles for 1.5 mil out of high school..

I saw Vol States new catcher signee this weekend, 6'6 215 Sevier County

Edited by FightinIllini

Where? What D1 School? I guess we disagree, we'll see where he ends up, I'll go a c-note it's not D1 Not knocking the kid, But you said he was the best HS cathcer you have ever seen?

Did you ever you see Nicky Delmonico from Farragut play last year? He signed with the Orioles for 1.5 mil out of high school..

I saw Vol States new catcher signee this weekend, 6'6 215 Sevier County

I'm not privy to what schools are talking with him, so I don't know where he'll sign. Did not see Delmonico or the Sevier County kid, but I'll go over to Sevierville and watch him.

I did make that statement. I'd like to see FCS and MJHS play, I'm betting the Bears wouldn't be in a real big hurry to test his arm.

I'm not privy to what schools are talking with him, so I don't know where he'll sign. Did not see Delmonico or the Sevier County kid, but I'll go over to Sevierville and watch him.

I did make that statement. I'd like to see FCS and MJHS play, I'm betting the Bears wouldn't be in a real big hurry to test his arm.

He's a good catcher, I assuming that when you say MJHS would not want to test his arm, you mean stealing second or even third.... I don't know I would have to see himm again....a lot depends on the pitcher as well, if he's a righty or a lefty, and how big of a lead the pitcher is willing to let the runner get. That would depend a lot on the catchers ability to throw runners out.

I will say this, if said player has a good pop time, and he works well with his pitchers then he will get some chances to play beyond high school, even if he is not a great hitter.

He's a good catcher, I assuming that when you say MJHS would not want to test his arm, you mean stealing second or even third.... I don't know I would have to see himm again....a lot depends on the pitcher as well, if he's a righty or a lefty, and how big of a lead the pitcher is willing to let the runner get. That would depend a lot on the catchers ability to throw runners out.

I will say this, if said player has a good pop time, and he works well with his pitchers then he will get some chances to play beyond high school, even if he is not a great hitter.

He's is a very good catcher.The best catcher i seen was the one LV had a few years back.I remember him at their place and when they played at FCS..... I remember the coaches and the other parents talking about him.......

Michael Wheeler was the best catcher I have seen.

Totally agree on Wheeler. I coached him in the soph SunBelt and me and another coach kept lobbying for him that he would be the best on our squad. After getting him in lineup he basically didn't come out. Proved us right. He put on a power show with both bat and arm. One of the best three power

Hitting high schoolers at any level I've ever seen. STUD!

Michael Wheeler was the best catcher I have seen.

Totally agree on Wheeler. I coached him in the soph SunBelt and me and another coach kept lobbying for him that he would be the best on our squad. After getting him in lineup he basically didn't come out. Proved us right. He put on a power show with both bat and arm. One of the best three power

Hitting high schoolers at any level I've ever seen. STUD!

It's his size that hurts him, how many D1 colleges have a catcher that's 5'7"? With that said, I think he is a great defensive catcher, probably the best I've ever seen, and his hitting will get much better in college because of the amount of time that he'll be able to devote to it.

Erie is closer to 5'9" and as far as his hitting, he was 8 for 14 at the LV tournament this weekend. Oh and the "little guy" has 2 homeruns already this year. While he is not a power hitter for sure, he will hit the gaps on you all day and with his wheels he can lay down a bunt for a hit. So I would say he has plenty of tools that college coaches desire in a catcher.

With all due respect, The FCS catcher is a great high school catcher for this league, however factor in physical size limitations and the competition that he is playing against, I see him as a NAIA, D2 at best.

In comparision to some of the catchers I have seen this spring and where they have signed at, frankly he is too small. I like the kid, he plays hard and has mad desire, but it's just not there for D1 ball.

DoyleHargravesConstruction you should come to scout some games with me... not knocking FCs catcher, but I saw 8 this weekend that are better.

Anyone ever told you that dynamite comes in small packages? Coaches may over look him because of his size but it will be their loss he is has plenty to offer defensively and offensively at the college level. Why don't you come watch a game and see?

Anyone ever told you that dynamite comes in small packages? Coaches may over look him because of his size but it will be their loss he is has plenty to offer defensively and offensively at the college level. Why don't you come watch a game and see?

I've been trying to tell these folks how good he is, but they don't want to believe. His defensive skills are off the charts for what college coaches are looking for and his offensive production is very good as well. Last I had heard, no one had stolen on him is that still correct?

I have seen this player play high school and travel ball off and on since he was 12 years old. I am not saying that he is not a good player, He is a very good player, but in my opinion he is not a D1 catcher. I have seen him player this year in fact. But hey good luck to him and I hope he goes and plays and does all that he can.

You have to ask yourself the question if he really has the tools to be a D1 catcher why has he not inked yet? It's getting late in the game for D1 commitments..