Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

I have seen this player play high school and travel ball off and on since he was 12 years old. I am not saying that he is not a good player, He is a very good player, but in my opinion he is not a D1 catcher. I have seen him player this year in fact. But hey good luck to him and I hope he goes and plays and does all that he can.

You have to ask yourself the question if he really has the tools to be a D1 catcher why has he not inked yet? It's getting late in the game for D1 commitments..

So if you have seen this kid since he was 12, you know he is a 4 year starter and went from a 220lbs freshman to a 155lb senior, takes lots of disipline and hard work to accomplish that for anyone of any age wouldn't you say? This alone proves his ability to focus, to be disiplined and his detication to his goals...rare qualities in the teenage population.

I also think that coaches are amazed and puzzled that kid his size is so efficient. Maybe their egos and the “traditional†size of a catcher keep them from taking a chance. Also, I think you are equating D1 with SEC. Never said the kid was an SEC catcher, but there are plenty of the smaller D1 schools that could use a player with his drive and work ethic. No matter what level this kid plays at the coach will get more than he imaged, besides there is no shame in ANY player playing a game you love at ANY level….JUCO, NAIA, D2 or D1.

So if you have seen this kid since he was 12, you know he is a 4 year starter and went from a 220lbs freshman to a 155lb senior, takes lots of disipline and hard work to accomplish that for anyone of any age wouldn't you say? This alone proves his ability to focus, to be disiplined and his detication to his goals...rare qualities in the teenage population.

I also think that coaches are amazed and puzzled that kid his size is so efficient. Maybe their egos and the “traditional†size of a catcher keep them from taking a chance. Also, I think you are equating D1 with SEC. Never said the kid was an SEC catcher, but there are plenty of the smaller D1 schools that could use a player with his drive and work ethic. No matter what level this kid plays at the coach will get more than he imaged, besides there is no shame in ANY player playing a game you love at ANY level….JUCO, NAIA, D2 or D1.

Ok these things always end up hurting some one's feelings and that is not my intent. Yes I have seen the boy do what he needs to do to better his skills.......If you read my posts, I like the player, I like what he does and how he does it. I just dont feel he is a D1 player, I never said there was anything wrong with JUCO, D2 whatever....I'm just going on what I have seen in the recruiting process, at college camps, etc... BUT it only takes one coach to like you..... maybe he will go D1.... I mean the more I think about it the more I wonder why you guys are so hung up on D1 I know several NAIA schools and D2 that would stomp some D1's

As far as being the best HS catcher I have ever seen, as another poster mentioned, maybe for that person he is the best HS catcher that he has ever seen, But I would have to put Ryan Hill or Michael Wheeler ahead of this player.

Edited by FightinIllini

Ok these things always end up hurting some one's feelings and that is not my intent. Yes I have seen the boy do what he needs to do to better his skills.......If you read my posts, I like the player, I like what he does and how he does it. I just dont feel he is a D1 player, I never said there was anything wrong with JUCO, D2 whatever....I'm just going on what I have seen in the recruiting process, at college camps, etc... BUT it only takes one coach to like you..... maybe he will go D1.... I mean the more I think about it the more I wonder why you guys are so hung up on D1 I know several NAIA schools and D2 that would stomp some D1's

As far as being the best HS catcher I have ever seen, as another poster mentioned, maybe for that person he is the best HS catcher that he has ever seen, But I would have to put Ryan Hill or Michael Wheeler ahead of this player.

Seen him play before also, great that he's improved on his body fat. Just be aware, you might have a mommy driveby on this topic. She had him signed with the Braves at 12.

Erie is closer to 5'9" and as far as his hitting, he was 8 for 14 at the LV tournament this weekend. Oh and the "little guy" has 2 homeruns already this year. While he is not a power hitter for sure, he will hit the gaps on you all day and with his wheels he can lay down a bunt for a hit. So I would say he has plenty of tools that college coaches desire in a catcher.

Yes he can get a bunt down, but beat it out with his wheels is a bit of a stretch.

I'm sure he will get to play somewhere, and as long as he's happy about it, that's all that matters.

I don't think he is a D1 catcher..... But I'm not the one he has to convince , I am merely just a guy with an opinion.

Only matters if mommy's happy. He can play, remember it's A ball.

Friendship is a single A team but I can gruntee you they could compete with anybody an 9aaa as they are 3 and 0 against them so far.

A lot of people seem to take for granted that just because a team is single A that they can't compete with triple A schools. There are several in the State that can compete with them, FC has beaten several triple A's as has Eagleville and Riverside (God Bless them). Not trying to say that they can beat all of them but they can compete with most.