District 14A

volfan007

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still have not said why you brought Bradford into this. The game was at Humboldt so you had the home court advantage that some have posted about with the refs. You also stated you were not at the game. So I do not understand your motivation.

Humboldt just got beat & that's all that counts!!! We Humboldt fans have seen it over & over again and should have come to the conclusion that the games Humboldt loses is because of coaching. Humboldt has had the athletes in football & basketball for several years but can never win at the state when a coach must come up with a game plan & make adjustments after half time or during the game. I've always said, " good coaching beats good athletes with no coaching"! All the talent that Humboldt has now and they are 8-7 with 3 district losses, that's just ridiculous not taking nothing from the teams that they lost too. Prime example, Humboldt goes 37-0 & plays manass first round of state, Humboldt is up 16 points in the 3rd quarter with manass playing a zone. Humboldt continues to throw up shots & coach didn't call a time out until the game was tied. Fisrt of all, you up by 16 points & the team is in a zone, why don't you hold the ball and make them play man to man which manass couldn't do & you get beat by a last second, three pointer from half court that banked in. Secondly, you press the entire firt half & part of third and stop which was what got you your led because they couldn't break the press! The truth hurt but "it is what it it", until Humboldt makes some changes we will never win state, many district, regional & sub-state titles but no state championship!!!!!!

Humboldt just got beat & that's all that counts!!! We Humboldt fans have seen it over & over again and should have come to the conclusion that the games Humboldt loses is because of coaching. Humboldt has had the athletes in football & basketball for several years but can never win at the state when a coach must come up with a game plan & make adjustments after half time or during the game. I've always said, " good coaching beats good athletes with no coaching"! All the talent that Humboldt has now and they are 8-7 with 3 district losses, that's just ridiculous not taking nothing from the teams that they lost too. Prime example, Humboldt goes 37-0 & plays manass first round of state, Humboldt is up 16 points in the 3rd quarter with manass playing a zone. Humboldt continues to throw up shots & coach didn't call a time out until the game was tied. Fisrt of all, you up by 16 points & the team is in a zone, why don't you hold the ball and make them play man to man which manass couldn't do & you get beat by a last second, three pointer from half court that banked in. Secondly, you press the entire firt half & part of third and stop which was what got you your led because they couldn't break the press! The truth hurt but "it is what it it", until Humboldt makes some changes we will never win state, many district, regional & sub-state titles but no state championship!!!!!!

Very true.....if Humboldt had UC coaches you would likely have at least 3-4 state titles in the last 7 years

Lets go Humboldt tonight against LC.Lol

Now Chipper,Why would you want that?..lol..Even with a loss,Union City would be a game up but still have Humboldt and Lake Co again.If Lake Co loses tonight,they'll drop out of the top 10.Maybe Laqke Co was good enough to be number 3 and maybe they werent.But in the voters eyes they were 3rd and beat Halls pretty bad.So I'm sure they didnt drop them.Then they lost to Liberty at Liberty who is now ranked 6th.And in Overtime.How many teams in Single A does the voters think could beat Liberty anywhere ,especially at Liberty.And it wasnt a 15 or 20 point game.Overtime.go figure.Maybe we'll beat those Tornadoes who are on a roll and push us all the way to the top..lol

Now Chipper,Why would you want that?..lol..Even with a loss,Union City would be a game up but still have Humboldt and Lake Co again.If Lake Co loses tonight,they'll drop out of the top 10.Maybe Laqke Co was good enough to be number 3 and maybe they werent.But in the voters eyes they were 3rd and beat Halls pretty bad.So I'm sure they didnt drop them.Then they lost to Liberty at Liberty who is now ranked 6th.And in Overtime.How many teams in Single A does the voters think could beat Liberty anywhere ,especially at Liberty.And it wasnt a 15 or 20 point game.Overtime.go figure.Maybe we'll beat those Tornadoes who are on a roll and push us all the way to the top..lol

Well it looks like Lake Co will drop put of Top 10, and rightly so with 7 losses.

Greenfield got beat by Halls tonight. Halls played a good game. But, the Jackets were as cold in shooting as I've seen them this year...could not get the ball to go down...plus, we were missing a starting guard...he got a concusion in the Humboldt game, and hasnt played since...

On another note, we knew we were in trouble tonight when we saw that the refs were not like us! We knew the game was gonna be called against us. :roflol:

Just kidding, Redgold.

Halls has improved as the season goes along; it will be interesting to see how the Tigers perform come tourney time and if they can get out of this tough district. Of course I think the chances are better to improve enough to grab a 4 or 5 seed to avoid UC, LC and the 'Boldt. Those three have handed it to us pretty handily this season.

Edited by tigertiger

Well it looks like Lake Co will drop put of Top 10, and rightly so with 7 losses.

Yes I'd drop them a couple notches since they lost to Humboldt but as for the seven losses,no team in Single a has played the schedule that Lake Co has played.But it's what it is.Could be another loss or two on the horizon.Have Southside coming up that is ranked in the top 10 in AA and beat Lake Co by around 25 and they also beat Middleton by about 50.But Lake Co has played most everyone close including Brentwood,Liberty,Northside and I doubt Perry Co could beat any of those teams.Lake Co does have several losses with most of them close losses and most to bigger schools but I can promise that they are a top 5 team in Single A,if not higher.