District 14A

volfan007

Sportsfan70 I would not bet that BTW will not be in Murfreesboro. They were a good team last year playing at the AA level. THey may not play a strong schedule but I would not want to be the team traveling to BTW in a sub-state game. I am a Lake Co. fan and I have said numerous times Westwood was probably the 3rd or 4th best team we faced last year. I felt the top 5 teams we played last year were 1.CSAS, 2.Humboldt, 3. Middleton, 4.Westwood, 5. Perry Co. Any of those 5 teams could have won the state or at least played for it last year in my opinion if the cards fell right. All were very good. Lake Co. was just as talented and played great ball during tournament time to win it all. Who knows how it will turn out this year. Lake Co. has the talent to return and defend their title but they got to be more consistent. Also must get well as the crud and illness has caused some players to miss practice and games in the last week. Big game in Bradford tomorrow night and a big home match saturday vs. Jackson Southside good luck to LC, go get'em.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt lost to Trenton 84-70 now that's a shame! The first time we played Humboldt won 88-38, a 50 point win & loss by 12! Now that's a 62 point swing, I don't what's going on with this team, 3-1 avaunt lake county & UC and loses to halls, greenfield, Trenton & Bradford. I can't remember a time when Humboldt lose to all those teams I'n the same year, it's time for a change!!

Sorry, just was informed that the score the news reported was wrong, heard Humboldt won but don't know score!

Had me worried there about the Vikings..lol..Bradord took about a 5 point lead in the first 3 minutes of their game against Lake Co but midway through the first quarter Lake Co got the lead and never trailed again.But it wasnt an easy game.Lake Co had about a 13 point lead with about 3 minutes to play in the third quarter,had three starters on the bench,probably for a rest and was hoping to keep the lead but Bradford came firing back and got to within 5 points .Thought at one time she was thinking about putting the starters back in but I think she was hoping to just weather the storm.After the starters cams back in,Lake Co took control again and went up by about 12 again.But Bradford kept firing back and hitting some long threes.Lake Co won 74-64.Hats off to Bradford.Really have a good team with some shooters.Number 22 and 14 can really light it up.Scored off a lot of screens to give them a lot of three pointers but a few they made were contested,They can play.Can see Bradford beating a good team on the right night.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake Co. survived at Bradford last night as Bigster stated. They didn't do a very good job on defense getting off all the screens set for the 3 point shooters of Bradford and the Red Devils knocked down 8 threes in the 2nd half after hitting only 1 in the 1st half. Got to do a better job of hedging the screens and switching. LC also gave up too many offensive reboounds. Bradford had 9 offensive rebounds in the 1st half and 16 for the game I believe. With that said LC got out and ran well tonight and got the game in the 70s. When scoring 70 or more the Falcons have only lost twice all year (Liberty and Brentwood). Tough for many teams to get up and down the floor with them consistently. Big game tonight as the Flacons host Southside in the rematch of the Falcons only bad loss of the year. Hope the boys step and and play hard tonight. Win or lose the game tuesday with UC in Tiptonville tuesday night is basically for the regular sesson disrict title. Both have 2 losses in the district and should be favored in their final district test. Good luck Falcons

Huge win for the Lake County Falcons tonight as they avenged their biggest loss of the season by beating Jackson Southside 69-61. The Falcons dominated the second half, a complete turnaround from the game in Jackson. Coach Barger did an outstanding job and picked up one of those wins that could send you with momentum into the playoffs. Great win over a AA top five team!

Great win for Lake COunty tonight as they beat Jackson Southside 69-61. Great game by LC and maybe that is the big win that helps them gain momentum for the district tournament. Southside is currently ranked in the AA top ten and had beaten LC by 19 in Jackson. Now LC must get ready to play UC in Tiptonville Tuesday night with the district title on the line. Get ready Falcons and let's avenge another loss in tha'ville.

Sweet........After losing 75-54 at Jackson.Lake co played terrible that game but Coach B had a couple starters that dint play a lot in that game also.One was in early foul trouble and the other wasnt playing up to expectations at that time and she want'ed to get his attention I believe.But were outplayed badly.Fell behind about 9-3 last night early and I was a little worried but Rafael and Stetson hit a couple 3's and from that time on it was a close game but Lake Co took over in the second half and had about a 10 point lead.A very good win against a quality opponent that had beaten Lake Co pretty bad.Has beaten Humboldt twice I believe as well as Middleton twice,once by 50 points.Southside had lost to Liberty and Bolivar in close games so they are the real deal.Lake Co has a big game against U.c Tuesday night.I believe Middleton comes to town later that week or the week after.Have people asking what is wrong with Lake Co?Have 7 losses.Drop in the polls.Man.Only two losses to single A teams by about 2 points each at their places and then some double A losses,a 2 point loss to Northside,a loss to Southside,Brentwood ,Liberty twice,once in overtime.No Single A team in the State has played a tougher schedule than LC.I wouldnt want to play Lake Co in a loser go home game.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster, I agree. Not alot WRONG with this LC team. Remember they had 10 losses last year playing a much easier schedule. Only bad loss this year was the 19 point loss at Southside, which the Falcons avenged last night. Lost 2 times to Liberty(once by 11 in a much closer game than the score and by 2 in OT), AAA Brentwood by 4 76-72(same team that beat Clarksville NE and Liberty), Jackson Northside by 2 in a game the Falcons led late. Only 2 losses to Single A teams were to Union City and Humboldt on the road. Both were close games that LC had chances to win. Big game in Tiptonville Tuesday as LC hosts UC with the regular season district title on the line. We will find out if LC can build on the momentum of a huge win over a quality opponent and go into tournament time on a roll similar to last year. LC's upcoming schedule Tuesday UC@home, Friday at Trenton and Saturday Middleton@ home.

Sweet........After losing 75-54 at Jackson.Lake co played terrible that game but Coach B had a couple starters that dint play a lot in that game also.One was in early foul trouble and the other wasnt playing up to expectations at that time and she want'ed to get his attention I believe.But were outplayed badly.Fell behind about 9-3 last night early and I was a little worried but Rafael and Stetson hit a couple 3's and from that time on it was a close game but Lake Co took over in the second half and had about a 10 point lead.A very good win against a quality opponent that had beaten Lake Co pretty bad.Has beaten Humboldt twice I believe as well as Middleton twice,once by 50 points.Southside had lost to Liberty and Bolivar in close games so they are the real deal.Lake Co has a big game against U.c Tuesday night.I believe Middleton comes to town later that week or the week after.Have people asking what is wrong with Lake Co?Have 7 losses.Drop in the polls.Man.Only two losses to single A teams by about 2 points each at their places and then some double A losses,a 2 point loss to Northside,a loss to Southside,Brentwood ,Liberty twice,once in overtime.No Single A team in the State has played a tougher schedule than LC.I wouldnt want to play Lake Co in a loser go home game.

Nice win for the Falcons over a good South Side team. Humboldt beat a good Ripley team last night 76-70. Buddy of mine went and said Humboldt played better than they have been. But as we both agree they must play better come tourament time to make a run in the touraments! Mr Bigster i told you loses dont mean alot to me if a team gets hot with the type of athletes that District 14A puts on the floor you just dont never know.We will soon see it is almost time! Whoever it may be somebody in District 14A will make a run and represent the District well! :thumb: