District 14A

volfan007

People say that playing better teams make you better. Could Lake County, Union City, and Humbolt be making the other teams in the District better and it is beginning to show?

Maybe so.South Fulton and Greenfield can beat anyone on a given night.Had Halls,Bradford and Trenton below those teams .I was hoping some of the Viking faithful would have posted by now.But they havent so how about tigertiger.I'm also wondering in the losses that Humboldt have had against Bradford,Greenfield and now Halls is did these teams play a man or a zone.I dont think they could match up man with Humboldt so I'm thinking they played a zone.Maybe extended the zone out to make sure Brooks cant get a good look and not sure the rest of the players can shoot outside .They have athletes like Lake Co does and wants to drive around or shoot close to the basket.Am curious.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls played Greenfield very well the other night. They've got 2 tall fellas, who play pretty good underneath, and they had a fella the other night against the Jackets, who couldnt hardly miss a 3 pointer. He was hot as a firecracker. Cant remember his name or number...stocky, black fella.

Anyway, I thought Halls looked pretty good. Of course, we looked like we couldnt get the ball to go thru the hoop to save our lives that night....

Amazing what a week makes. One week Halls got destroyed at home by UC and LC, then the next week they hit the pavement and win at Greenfield and Humboldt.

I made the comment in this thread about a week ago (right after the two huge losses) that I thought Halls could play for a region spot if the cards fell right. Halls is getting better but like 007 said it doesn't hurt to shoot the lights out on certain nights either. I still think it comes down to seeding though; LC, UC and Humboldt will be virtually impossible to beat in an opening round district game.

This is the most important 10 days of the season for Halls: home games against Peabody, Humboldt and Bradford. I think we can overtake Peabody because 1) we only lost by five over there in December and 2) their schedule is going to be impossible for them the last couple of weeks. If Halls can get that five seed and avoid the top three then anything is possible, but they must win tomorrow night IMHO.

Edited by tigertiger

Yep GURU you right that is what competition leads to. Night in Night out got to play in this district or you will go home with a loss. Lake Co. beats South Fulton tonight 77-48. Falcons up at the half by 8 then blew the game open in the 3rd quarter. Subs played majority of the 4th period. Next up for LC is a district game at Bradford friday and a home date with Jackson Southside on Saturday night.

Yall really dont have any consistency in that District do you?

Wardawg answered you in a way,but to answer your post a little further ,I think the district is consistent.Just like it has been for years.Any team can beat the other in our district.Don't have the luxury like some district where it's one good other team.

Edited by mrbigster

font]

Wardawg answered you in a way,but to answer your post a little further ,I think the district is consistent.Just like it has been for years.Any team can beat the other in our district.Don't have the luxury like some district where it's one good other team.

I agree with you. What plays a big difference in this district is who's hot and who's not. If your go to shooter is not able to knock his shots down, then the game is a toss up. Three power house teams in LC, UC, and Humboldt, then you have Greenfield, Bradford, Trenton, Halls, and SF trying to fight their way to the top. Interesting season this has been so far..

font]

I agree with you. What plays a big difference in this district is who's hot and who's not. If your go to shooter is not able to knock his shots down, then the game is a toss up. Three power house teams in LC, UC, and Humboldt, then you have Greenfield, Bradford, Trenton, Halls, and SF trying to fight their way to the top. Interesting season this has been so far..

Well thats what I like to hear. If we shut down a Individual on the teams from your District they'll be done. :thumb: