27 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Anderson County
    • Oak Ridge

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad he didnt drop it.. OR threw it right to him....lol One bad play by OR.... They are tough...

Hey space, dont know what play you are referring to but they did not throw it right to the 22. The 22 was in deep coverage behind the play. The rec. caught the ball and the 13 knocked the piss out of him at the same time of the catch. The 22 broke on the pass from behind and came up got the INT off of a tip off of the rec. hands where he was hit at the same time the ball got there. It was'nt a bad play by the ridge, it was 1 of the very few good defensive plays the Mavericks made all night. I just wish the ref. would have gotten out of his way so he could have took it to the house instead of barely stepping on the paint. No matter, we drove down and scored to make it 28-16. I thought things were going to get interesting but just more arm tackling and big plays by the ridge in the 2nd half.

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey space, dont know what play you are referring to but they did not throw it right to the 22. The 22 was in deep coverage behind the play. The rec. caught the ball and the 13 knocked the piss out of him at the same time of the catch. The 22 broke on the pass from behind and came up got the INT off of a tip off of the rec. hands where he was hit at the same time the ball got there. It was'nt a bad play by the ridge, it was 1 of the very few good defensive plays the Mavericks made all night. I just wish the ref. would have gotten out of his way so he could have took it to the house instead of barely stepping on the paint. No matter, we drove down and scored to make it 28-16. I thought things were going to get interesting but just more arm tackling and big plays by the ridge in the 2nd half.

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your right that #13 had a great hit. #22 was in the right place at the right time... wish he could have took it to the house..... But your boy dont need to be happy with his play because he plays for the defense that is getting drilled.... I would bet 10 other kids will say the same thing they are happy with there play... So with so many kids that are happy with there performance sounds like to me they could stop some teams and quit allowing teams to run and pass all over AC...... Football is a team sport maybe thats what wrong with the team kids think they are doing good even when there allowing 40+ points a game they did there job.... I know there young... AC defense sucks right now... Didnt oak ridge complete all most all there passes???? I know CAK did.....

Edited by Space3

your right that #13 had a great hit. #22 was in the right place at the right time... wish he could have took it to the house..... But your boy dont need to be happy with his play because he plays for the defense that is getting drilled.... I would bet 10 other kids will say the same thing they are happy with there play... So with so many kids that are happy with there performance sounds like to me they could stop some teams and quit allowing teams to run and pass all over AC...... Football is a team sport maybe thats what wrong with the team kids think they are doing good even when there allowing 40+ points a game they did there job.... I know there young... AC defense sucks right now... Didnt oak ridge complete all most all there passes???? I know CAK did.....

He said he was happy with his individual play. He's a corner, he did what he could do every time the play came to his side of the field. They did not complete a pass on his man or in his zone all night. When they run the ball to his side, he was there. When the play went oppisite of him or up the gut. Yes, he was hustling to get there. He didnt say he was happy with a lose or with the overall performance. He said he felt like he did all he could do. He is not claiming, nor either am I that he get defensive player of the game. He said he was happy with his individual performance. Yes, our defence sucks outloud, I know this. But its up to all 11 kids to come together and play better. Im not sure their capable of doing that at this point. The 22 is just trying to keep up and do the best he can. If he didnt give effort I would call him out before I would any other Maverick. He's mine. O ya, he got torched at CAK. I knew that might have happened before the game. 1st start as a sophomore against that passing attack. I knew he was going to have a rough night. Enough about the 22. If you think you've got an answer for the defence, then get your butt over there and apply for a defensive staff posistion. Cause we need some help for sure.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he was happy with his individual play. He's a corner, he did what he could do every time the play came to his side of the field. They did not complete a pass on his man or in his zone all night. When they run the ball to his side, he was there. When the play went oppisite of him or up the gut. Yes, he was hustling to get there. He didnt say he was happy with a lose or with the overall performance. He said he felt like he did all he could do. He is not claiming, nor either am I that he get defensive player of the game. He said he was happy with his individual performance. Yes, our defence sucks outloud, I know this. But its up to all 11 kids to come together and play better. Im not sure their capable of doing that at this point. The 22 is just trying to keep up and do the best he can. If he didnt give effort I would call him out before I would any other Maverick. He's mine. O ya, he got torched at CAK. I knew that might have happened before the game. 1st start as a sophomore against that passing attack. I knew he was going to have a rough night. Enough about the 22. If you think you've got an answer for the defence, then get your butt over there and apply for a defensive staff posistion. Cause we need some help for sure.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have a answer for the D. Dont look like no one does. Well its got to be the players there all young... We could use more size and get mean and play Anderson County football again. Your boy is going to be good and he IS GOOD just to be a SO.... There just a young team..... I just hope they can win out and make the playoffs.... Cant wait for this group the next two years... Just wish they will show a little more heart on D the rest of the season. Your boy needs to take charge next year and be a leader the next two years...

I dont have a answer for the D. Dont look like no one does. Well its got to be the players there all young... We could use more size and get mean and play Anderson County football again. Your boy is going to be good and he IS GOOD just to be a SO.... There just a young team..... I just hope they can win out and make the playoffs.... Cant wait for this group the next two years... Just wish they will show a little more heart on D the rest of the season. Your boy needs to take charge next year and be a leader the next two years...

I agree space on the size for sure. We really cant play the young card anymore either. 2 soph and 1 frosh started on D fridy night and the rest were jr and sen. Not many soph rotating the whole game on D. We just dont play together good as a unit. I still got hope they pull together and finish up strong. Got to tackle, period no matter who's out there.

HOOKEM"HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now had to the nerve to get back on here after that OR stomping. LOL

Space your right AC#22 is good and will be much better. And your are right our D sucks. You just have to call it like it is. Maybe AC#22 will become a leader and get those older guys going. It appears we have a combination of sucks. I think this is in part the leading of these young kids and in the other part the players. But a good leader can get these guys going and it really does not matter how much talent because a leader will bring that out or make it. Our offense always makes progress but our D is not keeping up with the program this far in the season. I really have no answer. I think Dad AC#22 might have an idea of what we can do and I think Davey, if he did not have to be head coach and offense coach could really get the D lined out. I sure wish he would find some time get involved. Davey is good at anything he does. I have known him all my life. He is a winner hands down with anything but I guess you cannot do it all. I have seen winners in my life and Davey Gillum is right up there with them. He will pull something out, one way or the other!

• 1 month later...