27 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Anderson County
    • Oak Ridge

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really don't OSUNUT, and it is sad, cause the kids really give great effort. I just think it is talent myself. I find it hard to believe it is Hammontree's fault.

I think it is personnel-related too. They were completely overmatched against Powell two weeks ago. You could see it on Powell's very first offensive play - a 60+ yard TD run by Mobley around the left end. Two DBs had an easy angle on him (both could converge on him), but they completely ran away from contact. It was almost as if they didn't want a thing to do with trying to tackle Mobley. Granted, Mobley is a great running back, but he shouldn't have scored on the play.

Edited by osunut2

I think it is personnel-related too. They were completely overmatched against Powell two weeks ago. You could see it on Powell's very first offensive play - a 60+ yard TD run by Mobley around the left end. Two DBs had an easy angle on him (both could converge on him), but they completely ran away from contact. It was almost as if they didn't want a thing to do with trying to tackle Mobley. Granted, Mobley is a great running back, but he shouldn't have scored on the play.

You very well could be right. They didn't tackle us very good tonight either...on numerous occasions it took 2 to 3 guys to bring down Hall, and he is not that big of a kid. Very shifty, but not big and strong like Mobley. Looks like AC needs to hit the weight room looks like to me. Which was a staple of AC back when Larry Kerr was there. They were always strong in them days, they looked really weak upfront.

Edited by SweetScience

Congrats. to Oak Ridge. Good game guys. No doubt about it AC has the best pregame show WOW! Hats off to the defense line second half. We changed up to 5 man front and it showed. QB looked good making decisions at times not to throw. The one pick was trying to thread the needle and make something happen. Also liked him looking one way and throwing another instead of looking his primary receiver all the way. Good job Micah. Defense Defense Defense, I liked what Powell coach said (Lowe) during freshman/jv game "Manup and make the tackle" he said this 20 yards on the field screaming at the top of his lungs.

It was good to meet ACMAV22, he's a classy guy and he knows his

football. Good luck to Vance and the Mavs for the rest of the way. He would have scored on that pick if it weren't for that big ole referee in his way. What did Vance have to say about our receivers downfield blocking. Did he say it was fair, good, better than most or did he say all we did was hold him all night?

Hey cat, nice to meet you as well. Vance said O.R. rec. were the best group he had faced all year except CAK. He said they were very physical and he really had to work to stay off the block or get off the block. Even though the plays didnt come his way very much, they were still on him. He said there was a little grabbing but he also is a football player and knows there is holding every play. He was cool with it, and enjoyed playing his 1st varsity game against the ridge. He said he was happy with his overall performance, and tried to get his team back in it with the pick. He also said he just hopes we can improve alot more because we are playing for our play-off lives from here on out. Nice to talk a little ball with you again Kat during halftime, sorry we are so weak defensively and couldnt make more of a game of it.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!