Henry Co. Patriots vs. Northeast Eagles

RedSwarm10

Alright, so the 6-0 Patriots will host the 4-1 Eagles of Clarksville Northeast next Friday on homecoming night. HC has cruised through their schedule so far, with their closest game being a 20 point decision against Beech. Northeast, on the other hand, has gotten most of its victories via shootout and is coming off a heartbreaking 42-41 loss to Clarksville High School. Northeast has arguably the best player in District 10 leading their offense in QB Jalen Reeves. Lets not let the festivities of the week get in the way of the task at hand, and that is taking care of a dangerous team that is coming off an emotional loss.

With that said, I like our matchup. The Eagles defense has given up a ton of points this season, and their offense will have to play extremely well to put up a lot of points against HC's defense. They won't beat us in a shootout, because I don't think they will score enough for it to be a shootout. Unless we lay an egg, they will not be able to stop our running game. Jalen Reeves will make his share of plays, but our defense will bring pressure up the middle, and our team speed won't allow him to run all over us.

It has seemed that HC's best performances have come against the better teams on our schedule thus far. I don't see that changing next week, or at least I'm hoping it doesn't. My prediction: HC wins 41-21(with NE scoring mostly in the 2nd half)

Lets hear your thoughts.

Edited by RedSwarm10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so the 6-0 Patriots will host the 4-1 Eagles of Clarksville Northeast next Friday on homecoming night. HC has cruised through their schedule so far, with their closest game being a 20 point decision against Beech. Northeast, on the other hand, has gotten most of its victories via shootout and is coming off a heartbreaking 42-41 loss to Clarksville High School. Northeast has arguably the best player in District 10 leading their offense in QB Jalen Reeves. Lets not let the festivities of the week get in the way of the task at hand, and that is taking care of a dangerous team that is coming off an emotional loss.

With that said, I like our matchup. The Eagles defense has given up a ton of points this season, and their offense will have to play extremely well to put up a lot of points against HC's defense. They won't beat us in a shootout, because I don't think they will score enough for it to be a shootout. Unless we lay an egg, they will not be able to stop our running game. Jalen Reeves will make his share of plays, but our defense will bring pressure up the middle, and our team speed won't allow him to run all over us.

It has seemed that HC's best performances have come against the better teams on our schedule thus far. I don't see that changing next week, or at least I'm hoping it doesn't. My prediction: HC wins 41-21(with NE scoring mostly in the 2nd half)

Lets hear your thoughts.

Another laugher. :roflol:

This district is terrible. No reason to even talk about the game RedSwarm. Only thing that needs to be talked about on each Saturday from now until third round is "Did anyone get hurt?" That is all that matters in the remaining regular season games and probably first two rounds of playoffs.

Another laugher. :roflol:

This district is terrible. No reason to even talk about the game RedSwarm. Only thing that needs to be talked about on each Saturday from now until third round is "Did anyone get hurt?" That is all that matters in the remaining regular season games and probably first two rounds of playoffs.

I was hoping this would be a battle of 2 undefeateds...of course now that's not gonna be the case...I can assure you that the Northeast Eagles will put on a better show than did the Springfield Yellowjackets...that you can bet on! Make no mistake...this is a big game for the Patriots as is EVERY one from here on out...wanna play your first 3 at home?....gotta win out!

p.s. Don't look now..but the Dickson County Cougars are 5-1!

Edited by QBClubPrez

I was hoping this would be a battle of 2 undefeateds...of course now that's not gonna be the case...I can assure you that the Northeast Eagles will put on a better show than did the Springfield Yellowjackets...that you can bet on! Make no mistake...this is a big game for the Patriots as is EVERY one from here on out...wanna play your first 3 at home?....gotta win out!

Dickson cant play with you. HC walks to the Championship game

Maybe not...but Troy Williams is an excellent football coach and he will have his guys ready to play regardless....plus..there's a "bourbon barrel" at stake which HC has owned now for a few years...DC wants it back!...

But..this week it's Northeast...not Dickson Co....that one's not til the Oct. 21st! The Eagles ALWAYS play the Patriots tough! Gonna be a fun week!

Thats an awfully bold statement to make. If you are a Springfield fan, I'm assuming you witnessed the defeat your Jackets suffered at the hands of Dickson. I know HC beat Springfield (I know they handled them VERY soundly), but according to the stats I read Dickson held Springfield to less than 5 yards rushing and under 70 yards passing with only 3 first downs. Any team that does that should not be considered a team that "can't play" with any HS football team in Middle TN. I realize that HC is the team to beat in this district, but I do feel that the Cougars CAN play with the Patriots. Win? Don't know. But it won't be a 40-7 game like HC has been getting! It will be a dogfight. But like the last poster said, HC should worry about NE first. They aren't going to go down without a fight either.

Yeah, with wins over Springfield, rosview, kenwood, NW, and creekwood (3A i think). Dickson has played one good team and they got THRASHED in that one. NO way they play with us. Running clocks rest of way. Like I said earlier only thing to worry about for a long time is the injury report on Saturday! Go Big Red!

Yeah, with wins over Springfield, rosview, kenwood, NW, and creekwood (3A i think). Dickson has played one good team and they got THRASHED in that one. NO way they play with us. Running clocks rest of way. Like I said earlier only thing to worry about for a long time is the injury report on Saturday! Go Big Red!

Ok HC is most assuredly the best looking team in District 10 but lets not toot our horn too much on schedules and wins over opponents. Best I can tell the combined record of the opponents HC has played is 11-22. The records of the teams DC played is 11-22. Both teams play the same teams in district so both schedules are pretty weak so far. District 10 is not as strong as it has been in the past. Northeast, Clarksville, Henry County and Dickson County seem to be the better teams in the district while the others are really struggling.

Ok HC is most assuredly the best looking team in District 10 but lets not toot our horn too much on schedules and wins over opponents. Best I can tell the combined record of the opponents HC has played is 11-22. The records of the teams DC played is 11-22. Both teams play the same teams in district so both schedules are pretty weak so far. District 10 is not as strong as it has been in the past. Northeast, Clarksville, Henry County and Dickson County seem to be the better teams in the district while the others are really struggling.

The cockiness makes you sick at times; even if you feel a certain or it is likely true, to come on here and say it is blatant disrespect to the other teams/fan base. Its 1 thing to say you will win going away but statements that insinuate the game shouldnt even be played is another thing all together. I do appreciate those who take the more civil route.....

Slow week. Even thought its Northeast, who has traditionally given us a good game! Lets get this conversation going, its Tuesday already!!!

Go Big RED!!!

I know most, including myself have predicted a blowout, but I'm looking forward to this game. Best team we've faced since Beech. I know that's not really saying much, but I'm looking forward to seeing this one. NE does usually play us very tough for some reason, as does Clarksville (the only district 10 team who has beaten us). Good games or not, the upcoming 3 game stretch should, at the very least, catch the HC faithful's attention.

Edited by RedSwarm10