Smith County @ Upperman

Julio Rodriguez

I'll turn the tables a little myself. Just where would you play York? He couldn't run SC offense like Scurlock. What would you suggest SC be "great "doing? What couple of great things does 'Alcoa" do? I'm not necessarly disagreeing , I'm just trying to look from your side of the table. While SC didn't look "inspired"and kinda just going through the motions last night, but still did what they were supposed to do.

Manning?? It don't matter if he's 5'5" or 6'5". He ain't playing basketball. And as far as his speed, I don't know how truly fast he is, but I see a combination of power and speed. I'm not going to compare #8 and #25. Two different style of backs.

Again, just so I can see from your side of the table, in your mind ,what makes TC the best you have seen. What do they do "great"?

They can cuss kids on the sideline & whine about not playin' SC with anyone. :o

I'll turn the tables a little myself. Just where would you play York? He couldn't run SC offense like Scurlock. What would you suggest SC be "great "doing? What couple of great things does 'Alcoa" do? I'm not necessarly disagreeing , I'm just trying to look from your side of the table. While SC didn't look "inspired"and kinda just going through the motions last night, but still did what they were supposed to do.

Manning?? It don't matter if he's 5'5" or 6'5". He ain't playing basketball. And as far as his speed, I don't know how truly fast he is, but I see a combination of power and speed. I'm not going to compare #8 and #25. Two different style of backs.

Again, just so I can see from your side of the table, in your mind ,what makes TC the best you have seen. What do they do "great"?

Team speed is the biggest edge I give TC over any team I have seen. There just the best team at all around. Smith would be second,Livingston third and Dekalb and Macon right beind them. Livingston lacks team speed and a power running game. Macon and Dekalb lack good D. Smith has trouble and corner and reveiers dont catch very well. And yes I do think York at qb as much more upaide. Specially if playing around all the tallent Smith has. I was very impressed again with Smith's offensive line. Very big and strong.

Guest Termite

Team speed is the biggest edge I give TC over any team I have seen. There just the best team at all around. Smith would be second,Livingston third and Dekalb and Macon right beind them. Livingston lacks team speed and a power running game. Macon and Dekalb lack good D. Smith has trouble and corner and reveiers dont catch very well. And yes I do think York at qb as much more upaide. Specially if playing around all the tallent Smith has. I was very impressed again with Smith's offensive line. Very big and strong.

See, that's the deal. Even TC's faithful would tell you that TC is not that fast and SC has about the same speed. What games did you see TC play, and what game other than Upperman did you see SC play?

Kind talking out both sids of your mouth ain't you? York at QB for SC??? You just said the recievers don't catch well. He sure can't run as well as Scurlock. .

How does Livingston lack team speed? Compared to Alcoa? Yes. Upperman? No. Keyshawn says, "C'mon man." Seriously, I feel a troll. You predicted Upperman to beat Livingston at Livingston. Now you say they lack speed. And how many spread teams lack a power running game? That's stupid to say. I would say no offense, but I mean that offensively. Spread teams do not need, nor want to have, a power run game. Not necessary. i.e.: FL, OU, Texas, Utah, TCU, Boise, etc.(Disclaimer: LA is not that caliber.) SC is the best team I have seen, and I have seen Alcoa. TC is right there, too. Good luck.

For Smith County #8 has more speed but #25 has more power. Throw in the QB in for SC and the way he runs the football then you have a 3 headed monster in the backfield who can grab chunks of yards. Also the QB can drop back and throw the ball well too which makes for a well balanced offense. On defense SC has faced some good QB's this year and I think the 30 points they give up to Dekalb is probably the worse the defense has plaed this year. As far as a game with SC and TC, well it would be a good one to watch. I've seen SC 4 times this year and TC once and like I said, it would be a great game to watch...

My take on second time I seen Smith. Good offense. Good Line and good skill positions. Good deffense. Good d-line and good guys behind them. Only 3 players could get on the field from Upperman is playing for Smith 21 wr Hydenski, 15 DE Sauceman, ( and yes I am saying it) qb York. Never gonna compete when the 22 best players on the field is slanted tward Smith 18-3. But now I turn the table. Smith is very good at everything, except field goals, but not great at anything. I say to be the Alcoa's of the world, you have to be good at everything and great at a couple things for the gold ball to be a possibility. One more thing, I put my house on a bet the Manning kid is not 5'11 or a true 4.4. By all accounts, number 8 for SC was the best, and fastest kid on the field and he is no 4.4. Played with Tyrone Calico at mtsu who combined 4.49 at NFL....and there is no comparison. But hey, pretty good for a sophomore. I still say Trousdale is the best team I have seen in person 3-a and under so far this year.

[siz :roflol: e="3][/size] :roflol: Hey, lookinggood , you got to look at Scurlock's record for the past 2 years, 17-2. lost all of his playmakers on the outside from last year , breaking in new ones this year , they are a work in process , still droppong ball left and right, Friday night he was 7-11-3td's 2 dropped td's also in the game, he does not get to throw that much this year , more of a running attack going on, like what was said earlier, 3 headed monster in the backfield . we don't need to pass that much, just to keep people honest. This kid plays to win , he not about stats or any of that, he could care less if they threw a pass this year at all, he all about winning.

King is right, troll. One that just started posting a mere two or three weeks ago that is not a fan of anyone but rather just a high school football fan who knows which kids live in county, guru on stats and history and now wants to give his analysis on what teams are the best and where they need work. Maybe even funnier is we, myself included, are engaging on his trolling.

Edited by I Love HS Football

I keep seeing people post about how bad SC's secondary is. They have only given up 577 passing yards over 7 games. That is only 82.4 yards per game passing. They have allowed 4 TD's through the air. They may undersized and little while I will agree that COULD be the weakest spot of the defense, just not so sure what gives anyone the opinion that they are not very good.

See, that's the deal. Even TC's faithful would tell you that TC is not that fast and SC has about the same speed. What games did you see TC play, and what game other than Upperman did you see SC play?

Kind talking out both sids of your mouth ain't you? York at QB for SC??? You just said the recievers don't catch well. He sure can't run as well as Scurlock. .

I base this seeing TC play Macon and SC play Macon. Equal opponents. SC does have simular sppeds in backs, but not in the backers or line. Livingstone has one really fast running back but not multiple speedster like Smith or TC. Number 12 TC and 8 smith about equal. Harper and Maning are diffrent backs but simular production. Number 4 for TC at fullback for TC is a beast and very fast for his size. Dline and backers speen goes to TC.

I keep seeing people post about how bad SC's secondary is. They have only given up 577 passing yards over 7 games. That is only 82.4 yards per game passing. They have allowed 4 TD's through the air. They may undersized and little while I will agree that COULD be the weakest spot of the defense, just not so sure what gives anyone the opinion that they are not very good.

It all starts up frong. When you can get pressure with your D-line then it helps the secondary out. The only game where I haven't seen a QB run for his nearly every play he's dropped back is against Dekalb and they put 30 on SC, that is credit to the Dekalb qb for getting away from pressure and getting rid of the ball. For SC it's all up front so when you're able to get pressure like SC has it makes it easier on the rest of the defense...