Alcoa vs. Kingston

alcoadaddy

I don't believe this will be that great of a game. Alcoa should handle the Yellowjackets pretty well. Everyone seems to be panicing about 3 losses, 1 was to the best team in the state, another to the best team in 4a, and a funky,fluky loss to a real big an athletic team in Austin-East..Alcoa is not the same Alcoa they have been the past couple of years, No Warren, and Tyson to pound you then hit you with Vee on the egde, but they still have a good enough team to win state. All the pieces are starting to fall in place, they seem to have a nice QB who can throw it, It just took 6 weeks for him to show Rankin that he can have confidence in him, now i think that will open up Oggs and Hambrick on the edges, and some down the field passes.

As for KIngston and their coach, i sure hope they dont run him off like UT did to Fulmer, as long as i can remember Vic King has been Kingston Football. I dont agree with everything he has done but he always puts the kids interest first and to me thats important. If this is indeed Vic's last season i hope his team can make it a great one for him.

Alcoa has too much for Kingston, I predict 49-13..

Alcoa isn't as "down" as many jump to believe following their losses to Greeneville and Austin-East. I attended the Alcoa-Maryville game and know what I saw. When that team is 100% healthy and ready to play they can play with anyone (Maryville knows that). Losing Anthony, Turbyfill, Koko, and others + injuries to Oggs and Hambrick have served as a "setback" no doubt about it however I would not be so quick to write the Tornadoes off. The team that runs out onto the field in November will not be the same team that has played in September.

+1 :thumb:

I thought this was a Alcoa vs Kingston thread. This should be a good game. Barring a let down in the second half like Kingston had against Lenoir City, this should be a good old fashion three yards and a cloud of dust type game.

Does this years Kingston team have a good run game? Also, is the defense pretty good against the run?

I thought this was a Alcoa vs Kingston thread. This should be a good game. Barring a let down in the second half like Kingston had against Lenoir City, this should be a good old fashion three yards and a cloud of dust type game.

Not giving the Lenior City Panthers any credit. You have confused a let down with a BEAT DOWN at the hands of Lenior City. The only dust the "Jackets" see is what is behind Tornado running backs. Alcoa wins by 40.

I don't believe this will be that great of a game. Alcoa should handle the Yellowjackets pretty well. Everyone seems to be panicing about 3 losses, 1 was to the best team in the state, another to the best team in 4a, and a funky,fluky loss to a real big an athletic team in Austin-East..Alcoa is not the same Alcoa they have been the past couple of years, No Warren, and Tyson to pound you then hit you with Vee on the egde, but they still have a good enough team to win state. All the pieces are starting to fall in place, they seem to have a nice QB who can throw it, It just took 6 weeks for him to show Rankin that he can have confidence in him, now i think that will open up Oggs and Hambrick on the edges, and some down the field passes.

As for KIngston and their coach, i sure hope they dont run him off like UT did to Fulmer, as long as i can remember Vic King has been Kingston Football. I dont agree with everything he has done but he always puts the kids interest first and to me thats important. If this is indeed Vic's last season i hope his team can make it a great one for him.

Alcoa has too much for Kingston, I predict 49-13..

Warren and Tyson were amazing backs and true leaders, but let's not forget they had an awesome O-line...which I think Warren and Tyson gave credit to a lot. And the defense kept teams at 0 or 1 score for many games. It was very hard for any team to establish an offense against them. Last year's TEAM was the real deal! Don't count this one out, though. There are some pretty tough and talented kids on the team now.

Alcoa will win this one big and take frustration out on kingston after the way they played against greeneville last week. But to beat honest alcoa has really not beat that good of a team yet. Their 3 hardest games on their schedule they have all lost and i think CAK also has a good chance to beat them.

Alcoa 49

Kingston 14

I am glad to see that Alcoa is finally playing a tough schedule. As any fan that has any sense knows, their hardest game is Maryville 9 years out of 10 and its finally time for them to play with the big boys. Storm Warning: CANCELLED

Hate to tell you this killer but teams refused to play Alcoa. Do you think we just paid Booker T Washington to come here for 3-4 years in a row for the fun of it? I guess we like the road trip to Kentucky as well seeing as we went there what 3-4 years? Signal Mountain avoided us, South Pitt avoided us, Heritage avoided us, William Blount avoided us everyone else schedule was either full or didnt match up with ours. Good try though.

I am glad to see that Alcoa is finally playing a tough schedule. As any fan that has any sense knows, their hardest game is Maryville 9 years out of 10 and its finally time for them to play with the big boys. Storm Warning: CANCELLED

LOL...This is funny! I posted last year a big long post about all of Alcoa's opponents...and their records, stats, etc. Very informative! You should read it before posting nonsense like this!

A section of that post from last year for you:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Alcoa played, with team's record, and some notes:

1. Middlesboro, Ky. (6-6) Made it to the 2nd round of Kentucky state football playoffs!

2. Maryville (14-1) Tennessee 6A State Champions...7 out of 10 regular season opponents made playoffs in 2010! Beat West 35-6 who missed the 5A state championship by 1 game in a 7-0 loss to Columbia, beat Oak Ridge twice whom also came within 1 game of 6A state championship, beat Bearden and their UT football commitment twice by a combined score of 86-36, and beat nationally ranked Smyrna in 6A state champioship!

3. Loudon (9-3) All 3 of Loudon's losses came to either CAK or Alcoa. Alcoa beat them twice! Loudon also beat Howard whom beat Greeneville's first round playoff opponent East ridge!

4. Fulton (7-5) Alcoa won 49-0...Greeneville also played Fulton and won 35-0!

5. Scott Co. (7-5) Of Scott's 5 losses, 3 of them came to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon! Scott Co made it into the playoffs and lost 45-48 to 11-2 Gibbs High!

6. Howard (8-3) 2 of Howard's 3 losses were to Alcoa and Loudon!

7. Kingston (6-5) 4 of the 5 losses were to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon!

8. Stone Memorial (3-7) All of Stone Memorial's losses except 1 came against teams that made the playoffs in 2010!

9. McMinn Central (0-10) Not a very good football team this year...they made the playoffs last year and believe they finished 8-3, but graduated a lot of players!

10. CAK (11-2) Both losses coming against Alcoa. CAK is arguably a top 10 team in the state regardless of class in 2010!

Combined record of Alcoa's opponents in 2010: 71 wins and 47 losses!

** 8 of Alcoa's regular season opponents made the playoffs in 2010...If you take out the losses to Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon to all of Alcoa's opponents, they would have a combined record of 71 wins and 27 losses meaning Alcoa's opponents won 3/4 of the games they played against everyone except the big 3 of 3A football!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering that next years Alcoa team will be better again, do you think you can help find teams to play Alcoa?

Next year's Alcoa team will feature the following:

**OFFENSE**

QB: Peyton Wall (lose Donald Oggs)

RB: Ezekial Koko, Jarrod Crenshaw, Malik Love, Landon Turbyfill (lose Vanderbilt Hambrick & Zach Chapman)

WR: Jordan Ferguson, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis & Lajuan Warfield

TE: Dalton Owenby

OL: Thomas Loy, Braylen Young, Shane Franklin (lose J.T. Rankin & Steven Manuel)

Offensively we are looking at a team with an experienced quarterback, 2 outstanding receivers + a great tight end, a deep backfield, and an offensive line that returns 3 of it's 5 starters.

**DEFENSE**

DL: Dalton Owenby, Braylen Young, Corey Long (lose Colby Tate)

LB: Jarrod Crenshaw, Brandon Strissel, Landon Turbyfill, Ezekial Koko, Caleb Burchfield

DB: Mustafa Anthony, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis, Vanderbilt Hambrick, & Lejuan Warfield)

Defensively we are looking at a team with a front 7 that will basically be 100% the same as the guys playing those slots this year. The secondary loses some players but they aren't completely depleted by any means (this year from last year's secondary lost Steven Isom & Austin Tallent).

This is just a football fan's take on how Alcoa's football team shakes out in 2012. I'd expect next year's team to be very similar to some of the other great teams Alcoa has had during this run. This year's team does have a lot of guys who are in their first year of playing varsity football. Injuries have forced others into having to play, for the first time, as well. This experience is only going to help those guys adapt to what it takes at this level and as they continue I'd look for these Tornadoes to only get better with each passing game.