Alcoa vs. Kingston

alcoadaddy

Well, seeing as how people have only claimed Alcoa to be a top 5 team in the state the previous two years.....Remind me again good sir, How did they do against the 6A powerhouse State Runner Up and State Champions the past two years? Hmmmm?? Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

Countreeboi is not a Maryville fan . Countreeboi , keep Maryville out of your " Crotchshot " ramblings .

kingston isnt that bad of a team,,but anyways congrats to alcoa on a good game.

game could of been alot closer

Which game did you watch Friday? Alcoa ran all over the place. Two Alcoa scores called back on very questionable penalties. Alcoa played 3rd team and freshman the entire 4th qtr. Kingston kept the starters in and finally scored once Alcoa subbed down deep. I thought it was classic......Kingston's 1st team throws the deep ball against Alcoa's 3-4th team with 2 minutes to go in the game to score. Alcoa starts with the ball on the 25 after the kick off. Takes a FRESHMAN behind 3rd team line and drives in down the jackets throat! Then with REAL class.....Coach Rankin takes the victory formation with the ball on the Kingston 1 yard line and 50 seconds on the clock! Yea, closer..........right.

Which game did you watch Friday? Alcoa ran all over the place. Two Alcoa scores called back on very questionable penalties. Alcoa played 3rd team and freshman the entire 4th qtr. Kingston kept the starters in and finally scored once Alcoa subbed down deep. I thought it was classic......Kingston's 1st team throws the deep ball against Alcoa's 3-4th team with 2 minutes to go in the game to score. Alcoa starts with the ball on the 25 after the kick off. Takes a FRESHMAN behind 3rd team line and drives in down the jackets throat! Then with REAL class.....Coach Rankin takes the victory formation with the ball on the Kingston 1 yard line and 50 seconds on the clock! Yea, closer..........right.

Alcoa won the game no dought but Alcoa should have been called on holding alotmore. The better team won

Congratulations to Alcoa on the victory. From reading here it sounds like Alcoa was in control the entire game and Coach Rankin showed class in not running up the score. This is a much better win than some are giving credit. Make no mistake, Kingston is a quality football team. They have some play makers and always play hard. This is a very tough region in 3A, but if Kingston puts it all together before the playoffs they could make a run.

Edited by Govolsknox

And the only reason they have won eight in a row is because they play in the weakest region in the state because they have beaten goodpasture and milan two teams that don't even deserve to be there. If they moved up to like 5 or 6A I don't think they would even get in the playoffs and if they did they would lose in the first or second round to maryville or farragut.

I was trying to decide which one of "volfan1085" posts to laugh at most. I mean, seriously? LOL...LOL...LOL! This has either got to be a kid showing his maturity level or an adult who thinks because he/she has seen a high school game live and saw Tenessee play on TV, that he/she can make ridiculous statements like this, that EVERYONE in the state can laugh at! Very funny...ha ha!

• Upvote 1

Oh, and by the way...arent we already playing "up"? I know for a long while we chose to play in a higher class than we had to. Anyway, Go Alcoa, Go Maryville, Go Greeneville, Go Powell, and Go Grace! 5 of the state titles for East Tennessee wouldnt be so bad!

I know we played up in the early days of 2A. I think we're leveled off pretty much though and we're positioned about where we need to be, assuming enrollment doesnt go up.

Also, dont think Grace is eligible for the State Game, could be wrong but I think they decided to pull a Miami! lol

how was your 6'5 350 pound friend :popcorneater:

how was your 6'5 350 pound friend :popcorneater: