Milan vs Westview

swingjuice

Wv does not stand a chance as long as they continue to use a scared qb they can't pass. QB has been to blame for at least a td in every game for the other team. Now Coady is using a running back at qb sometimes to turn the corner. I guess someone has a good word in with Coady to continue to use this kid. He may be good in practice with a red jersey on but he stinks up the field. Hear the fans speak use someone else. I saw Coady pull players out when they messed up at ripley and put someone else in way not the qb. Milan out scores westview by 3 tds and our qb spots Milan another td.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wv does not stand a chance as long as they continue to use a scared qb they can't pass. QB has been to blame for at least a td in every game for the other team. Now Coady is using a running back at qb sometimes to turn the corner. I guess someone has a good word in with Coady to continue to use this kid. He may be good in practice with a red jersey on but he stinks up the field. Hear the fans speak use someone else. I saw Coady pull players out when they messed up at ripley and put someone else in way not the qb. Milan out scores westview by 3 tds and our qb spots Milan another td.

13thman, I dislike your public display of affection for our QB and Coach, they are doing the best they can for what it is and like always this is High School Football not College and you play with what you are given, these kids have alot of heart to play a game that everyone thinks they can play and coach better than what is out on the field! I for one sit in the stands and wish we had the best of everything, but that is not they way that it works. I expect everyone on here to put up posts as if their child was on the field playing in the position that you post your replies about. I do not have a player that is my son on the field but I have in other sports, they give all they have and the last thing they want is negative remarks from someone on CoachT. This ball game between Milan and WestView will be a great one regardless of the score because the players and coaches on the field will give all they have to possibly win the game. Post what you want but don't name players or positions and make remarks that you would not to their face. I still say WESTVIEW by 1 over Milan!

GO WESTVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really think that you should put one our own out there like that either. I don't actually know that kid, but he has progressively gotten a little better. He is young and just doesn't have the game experience yet. If would be different if a kid was intentionally playing dirty or taking cheat shots like in the Dresden game, then I wouldn't have a problem calling him/they out like that. It's football, we have a good-clean program---don't act like a lot of those idiots from Dresden by making stupid a@@ comments. They do enough for to make our entire county look bad and it does catch up to a team..

Hey swingjuice, good to put a face with the name. Anybody playing milan at home will be a challenge. Walking into the dogpound and hearing the Milan faithful and all the tradition that johnie hale stadium has been home to is always tough on any team. I wish that Westview had a stadium to have a tradition in. The only tradition we have is getting on a bus and going to skyhawk stadium and getting dressed in what I think is a visitors dressing room that says nothing about westview football. Thanks UTM........ Thanks to our weakley county school board to, for voting down a field for the kids a few years ago, and paying for land that Martin donated to UT. Now that I got that off my chest, may all the kids be safe friday night and let it be a slugfest. May the best team win.

We have a great place for our players to play, our home fans to sit, and our visitors to sit. We have safe parking, good restrooms and an overall wonderful environment for Friday night football. 99% of these boys will never play college ball and they get to play on a college field more pristine than anything they will encounter - including lockerrooms. Westview players do not complain - and YES - I had a varsity player for 4 years and he loved it and was proud for other teams to come to "his" home field. Martin has been playing in that stadium for longer than some of us have been alive. Get over it. It's a beautiful place to play and I have never heard a visitor say anything except what a great experience they have, but more importantly, i have never heard a PLAYER say anything but what a great experience it is. The only gripe i have ever heard over the years are from the people of Martin who do not realize what a blesssing it is and who have nothing better to do than complain about that and everything else. You probably also complain when the UTM students come back in town every fall because McDonald's is too crowded when you're trying to order your cheeseburgers.

I don't really think that you should put one our own out there like that either. I don't actually know that kid, but he has progressively gotten a little better. He is young and just doesn't have the game experience yet. If would be different if a kid was intentionally playing dirty or taking cheat shots like in the Dresden game, then I wouldn't have a problem calling him/they out like that. It's football, we have a good-clean program---don't act like a lot of those idiots from Dresden by making stupid a@@ comments. They do enough for to make our entire county look bad and it does catch up to a team..

Agreed - great post Fanatic! What kind of true fan is going to call out a player by position in a negative way? No, we dont have a hoss at this position right now and we were kinda spoiled for the passed few years, but this is a different year and we need to show support. We do not need negative, fair-weather fans or posters who cannot give some sort of positive encouragement. Game experience comes with game experience and skill is there or it isnt or can be developed. To call that political or anything else is just ridiculous. Your negative posting is not wanted here. GO WESTVIEW!

We have a great place for our players to play, our home fans to sit, and our visitors to sit. We have safe parking, good restrooms and an overall wonderful environment for Friday night football. 99% of these boys will never play college ball and they get to play on a college field more pristine than anything they will encounter - including lockerrooms. Westview players do not complain - and YES - I had a varsity player for 4 years and he loved it and was proud for other teams to come to "his" home field. Martin has been playing in that stadium for longer than some of us have been alive. Get over it. It's a beautiful place to play and I have never heard a visitor say anything except what a great experience they have, but more importantly, i have never heard a PLAYER say anything but what a great experience it is. The only gripe i have ever heard over the years are from the people of Martin who do not realize what a blesssing it is and who have nothing better to do than complain about that and everything else. You probably also complain when the UTM students come back in town every fall because McDonald's is too crowded when you're trying to order your cheeseburgers.

There is a certain atmosphere that is created by playing on your own field. With that said, Westview has its own field, it just happens to be a part of UTM! I think it gives the Chargers a distinct advantage. They play there 5 times a year while their opponents get 1 time every other year. The turf, the stands, everything about it is different from what most teams are used to. THAT is quite a homefield advantage. And for the coaches or support clubs to not have to be concerned about getting the field prepared, priceless!!

I think Milan will win this one, but I still hope Westview pulls it out. Good luck Chargers!

There is a certain atmosphere that is created by playing on your own field. With that said, Westview has its own field, it just happens to be a part of UTM! I think it gives the Chargers a distinct advantage. They play there 5 times a year while their opponents get 1 time every other year. The turf, the stands, everything about it is different from what most teams are used to. THAT is quite a homefield advantage. And for the coaches or support clubs to not have to be concerned about getting the field prepared, priceless!!

I think Milan will win this one, but I still hope Westview pulls it out. Good luck Chargers!

True. Good post. Also, what other teams / posters do not realize is that our team very seldom gets on that field during the year except on Friday nights. True, some times when we have a night practice, Coady takes them to UTM because Westview doesnt have lights on the practice field and when the heat index messes with practice during summer, they have to go to that field. Otherwise, our boys do not use that field, so it isnt exactly like they are on it consistently throughout the year. Enough on this .... it is our "home" field and I am very proud of it and so are many, many others.

As far as the game against Milan...shew...I love my Chargers and I was screaming last year when we pulled that win off. I hope we can do it again.

13 th man ur a poor excuse as a fan. That kid must have stole ur girlfriend or ur kid is his backup. If you don't like r qb or a coach then don't go to the game or find another team to bash. U just sound stupid and all your post is about r coach or qb and all negative

(Hey swingjuice, good to put a face with the name. Anybody playing milan at home will be a challenge. Walking into the dogpound and hearing the Milan faithful and all the tradition that johnie hale stadium has been home to is always tough on any team. I wish that Westview had a stadium to have a tradition in. The only tradition we have is getting on a bus and going to skyhawk stadium and getting dressed in what I think is a visitors dressing room that says nothing about westview football. Thanks UTM........ Thanks to our weakley county school board to, for voting down a field for the kids a few years ago, and paying for land that Martin donated to UT. Now that I got that off my chest, may all the kids be safe friday night and let it be a slugfest. May the best team win.)

Well let’s see UTM used the Martin softball fields this weekend at the complex to play their little tourney, wonder if they paid the $27,000 that all Weakley contains pay so one team can play 4 to 5 games a year, also UTM taking all the profits from the food sales, on the donated field, and the hard work the people of Martin went out to sell bonds to help UTM have a place to play!!!!!!!

First of all 13th man I understand your frustration with WV they do not play like they did in the early Coady years. In those years Coady coached the line and he demanded perfection on every play. His intensity level was through the roof. When I say intense he bounced a ball off the Green Bays Pro Bowl Tackles head because he stepped with the wrong foot in practice. These kids today do not respond to that type of coaching so he has changed. I think Coady knows he has problems in the position you are talking about that is way he has used others like 8. After planning for him I think tries to coach with the best intentions for the team. I agree that the QB has not played as good as last years but he is getting better so give words encouragement. If Coady feels he needs to replace him, he will. He will let the best person play or he did when I played. No daddies had influence on our teams I don’t think that will ever happen.

Westview needs a field. Paying 27,000 is ridicules. Martin gave UTM the land and raise money for that field with the understanding that Martin High School would use it. I say Martin take back the land and let UTM build their own field. Everyone that post how nice it is your tax money paid for it. So you should have every right to that field as your own. Charge a fee to use the field that everyone paid for is a rip off. Westview should be responsible for Friday night expenses and profit. UTM gets the rest.