Riverdale vs. Lavergne

warhawks

You do realize that Riverdale is undefeated. And picked to win 7AAA. They are even ranked in almost every poll as the #2 team in the state. Not just 6A but the entire state. I would say now they are a top teir program. This is coming from a Bulldog fan. Oh by the way they did beat us this year. Riverdale is back on top and everyone is chasing them. Going to be a very long night for the Wolverines. The only way Lavergne wins is if Riverdale mails this one in from a long way away. Like the backups dont travel and the freshman team decides to play. Oh thats right even their freshman team is stacked. Too bad.

The real question is, who will Riverdale choke against this year in the playoffs?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Riverdale fan...your arrogance is displayed just like all the other Warrior fans; however, I'm not predicting LaVergne to upset Riverdale, by no means...I think LaVergne will give them a competitive game. If I'm not mistaken, LaVergne gave Riverdale a tough first half last year, and then it went downhill from there. Let's not boast on here talking about a mercy rule after the first quarter. Everyone knows that 99% of Riverdale fans think their poop doesn't stink, you don't have to remind us with your arrogant comments.

And you did what with Shelbyville last week?????

Are y'all serious right now?

We are fans and or alumi or maybe have had kids or family go there. The same as any other fan is for their program.

I believe what was said about the Lavergne game is true. I mean their is always the chance we could lose but nothing against Lavergne I don't think they have it.

We play with the best of teams more then most school.

Smyrna and Siegel are very strong programs we just happened to have beat them putting a big X on our backs knowing that they are coming for us and if we had to see eitheir of them again the outcome could be different.

The same as I'm going to say we have 2 more very talented teams in Blackman and Oakland that we have yet to play. These are games to not take lightly and I'm sure both want to beat us more then any team on their schedule because we are undefeated.

We have always been a good program just like we were a decade ago. We may not be ranked high nationally like we use to be but that's not to say anything and that we won't be there again one day.

I don't think we have as many Dave Thomas' and Gaston Millers like we use to but we have a talented team. We have nobody like Mathers from Blackman eitheir and that's ok. Though how awesome it would be if he would of been a warrior lol!

Anyways what I'm saying is we support are team and we don't have to go to the State Championship every year to know that we have a chance to go again someday.

My 6 year old daughter goes to the games and loves it and she screams just as loud as everyone else. She knows more about football then probably any boy in her class. She tells me how badly she wants to go to Riverdale when she is in 9th grade and that's awesome too bad we move to Texas next year.

I graduated in 06 and I think I made every single game but maybe 1 when I went there and it was the best years of my life!

I would love and support Riverdale if they were 0-6 or 6-0!

Tell your daughter that if she gets real, real good at basketball, then she will magically reappear in Riverdale's zone about the time she gets to the 9th grade.

A lot of riverdale fans are still stuck back in time a decade ago, when riverdale was a top tier program in the county. It's pretty clear that Blackman, Smyrna, Oakland are a step above riverdale as a program, and have been for a few years now.

I am not stuck back a decade ago but i do disagree that those 3 schools are a step above us...I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on as our record against those teams are still pretty good

as far as the Lavergne game there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD this will be a blow out early...it may end up that way in the 4th QTR and I dont think the mercy rule will ever come into play we tend to play to our opponents if we play a good team we play good if we play an average team we play average so it is hard to say we will blow them out I dont care if we win by 50 points or 1 point as long as it is a win because when you get down to it the W is all that counts there are no asterics. Take smyrna for example they have played a TOUGH schedule but they are going to be fighting for a playoff spot so its all about the wins

Tell your daughter that if she gets real, real good at basketball, then she will magically reappear in Riverdale's zone about the time she gets to the 9th grade.

Lol like warhawks said I'm not sure the zone will make it to Texas!

Besides that my daughter could never play bball-

She has been cheering competitively so she only does allstars! She has already acquired more skills then most high school cheerleaders and she is flier and can pull all the stretches they do in their stunts.

However she gets wayyy to into the game to ever do sideline cheering. If she can't continuously watch she would be highly upset!!

For those of you who don't know when I went to Riverdale I was on colorguard my freshman year. During 2nd qtr we had to practice and could not watch the game. No matter where we are at I had to see the game. The band members (2 of them) had to carry me out of Lincoln county's stadium during regular season when we lost to them in "the pit." because I was crying so badly!

Same with losing to brentwood in the state championship I just wasn't prepared for that!

The colorguard coach nor band director were amused by this and I got in trouble lol.

I made the colorguard team my sophomore year and I was told I could no longer go to the footballs teams practice after mine and if I had any more problems that I'd be taken off and that means if I had a problem with not being able to watch the game during parts of the game I was off.

I told them that's ok I quit that colorguard didn't mean that much to me!

My daughter is me made over and she desperately wants to go to Riverdale. Her dad graduated in 2005 a year before me and played football for Riverdale all of those years so I think it's in her blood!

Edited by Riverdale06

I hope you aren't suggesting that beating smyrna this year makes a team top tier. smyrna has fallen off that elite level this year too, it's just that most of their fans recognize that.

I'd worry less about defending riverdale and more about your daddy Blackman. Now that is an elite team...

Read the entire post and the one i responded to. The fact that they are undefeated and ranked #2 in the state should be enough. As far as Blackman being our daddy, Daddy has been beaten twice in a row. Both times with mighty Mathers in the game. And that elite team called Blackman got beat by Siegel in which Riverdale beat a couple of weeks ago. Good luck Friday night you will need it.

Edited by milo118

Riverdale06, where in Texas? I ask as the 'clone', who evidently played at the same time as your daughters dad did, is trying to get stationed at Fort Hood again.

Also ignore bolddust281, as they are a 'shill' and only on here to try and give LaVergne locker room material to fire them up.

R'dale KNOWS the LaVergne Coach well! Some of us are still upset about the Oak Ridge game. I am GLAD he is at LaVergne. It give us a guarenteed chance of beating him EVERY year! <_<

Riverdale06, where in Texas? I ask as the 'clone', who evidently played at the same time as your daughters dad did, is trying to get stationed at Fort Hood again.

Also ignore bolddust281, as they are a 'shill' and only on here to try and give LaVergne locker room material to fire them up.

R'dale KNOWS the LaVergne Coach well! Some of us are still upset about the Oak Ridge game. I am GLAD he is at LaVergne. It give us a guarenteed chance of beating him EVERY year! <_<

San Antonio area! My brother lives in Converse pretty much connected to SA. If i happened to stay there and not move then my daughter would go to a high school named Judson, they are 5a (highest class in tx right now) and they are undefeated and generally has a really good program, (of course nothing on riverdale)! I hear ft hood is nice! Im excited to move to texas Im just not into TN that much!