(1A) AP POLL Sept. 26th

BDF36

I hate admit it, but I agree with both you and uncledave. I don't want to give up on the season just yet and we will know more after Boyd but I hate to be hanging till then...... but it is what it is..

It seems as always the SP faithful tend to give up on the season because of a loss,no team in 1a football will be as strong on defense or offense as SM if the whole team had ben playing 14 pt game at most.alot of the SP posters wrote them off after polk last year,by wk 8 the whole team should be playing and it will not take SP players long to gell since they have played together since jr high.As always in life we are tested and it makes a man better as it will these boys by the end of the season,I guess i will be the true fan and go ahead and say it,no one comes close to beating SP in the playoffs, not even G'ville.Even being down several key players on offense we still put up 36 pts against SM give these boys some credit, no 1a team will stop them!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as always the SP faithful tend to give up on the season because of a loss,no team in 1a football will be as strong on defense or offense as SM if the whole team had ben playing 14 pt game at most.alot of the SP posters wrote them off after polk last year,by wk 8 the whole team should be playing and it will not take SP players long to gell since they have played together since jr high.As always in life we are tested and it makes a man better as it will these boys by the end of the season,I guess i will be the true fan and go ahead and say it,no one comes close to beating SP in the playoffs, not even G'ville.Even being down several key players on offense we still put up 36 pts against SM give these boys some credit, no 1a team will stop them!

I like your confidence...I feel better now...and like Roy, I'm not joking.

Some of us just have no confidence but I'm gonna blame Nocompetition and TT99 for that. And I am kidding. Seriously I like your outlook on the rest of season..

Some of us just have no confidence but I'm gonna blame Nocompetition and TT99 for that. And I am kidding. Seriously I like your outlook on the rest of season..

I agree with Uncle Dave we have a brutal schedule to finish the season which would be a test for any 1a school but i think we finish up with 3-1 on the last 4 games.The kids who have ben injured are very anxious to play and make a showing.J Stone has ben throwing well when Chubb gets back with the Allen boys and Little man playing wide out some we become a 2 headed monster in 1a football.

I agree with Uncle Dave we have a brutal schedule to finish the season which would be a test for any 1a school but i think we finish up with 3-1 on the last 4 games.The kids who have ben injured are very anxious to play and make a showing.J Stone has ben throwing well when Chubb gets back with the Allen boys and Little man playing wide out some we become a 2 headed monster in 1a football.

:thumb:

Cannot stand Huntingdon but they got the team to defeat So. Pitt. I have seen Perry Co and Wayne Co and neither team is as sound as Huntingdon in all 3 phases of the game. Huntingdon plays physical football and that is the recipe to defeat So. Pitt. Remember that's how Union City beat SP. All in all Huntingdon will be a dangeous come playoff time. Wayne Co runs the veer and that offense is very hard to stop when run proberly. So, in my humble opinion the winner of the Wayne Co-Huntingdon game will determine who plays So. Pitt in the championship game. So.Pitt may win it all but they will have to earn it this season. Good luck to all teams.

Even with that recipe, UC had to kick a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock to come from behind to win. The real secrete in 1a is to get a Spanish exchange student that can kick field goals. :roflol:

Sorry, I posted on my son's name Falcon Nation. Yes, I seen PC and WC in the jamboree. I know both teams are alot better but so is Huntingdon. Lake Co was without 4 starters when we played in the jamboree and we are also better. In my humble opinion Huntingdon is playing at another level than the rest of us. I hope I'm wrong because Huntingdon is one of the bigger class A schools and I would love to see a smaller school take them down. Hopefully that will happen. Huntingdon has the type of team UC had a couple years ago and they have that swagger about them.Like I said good luck to all teams and the quads will change between now and the end of the season. I look for Huntindon and Bruceton to be in quad 4 and Perry Co to be in quad 3 with Wayne Co and JB.

Granted Huntingdon is one of the larger 1A schools, but there is less than 20 students difference between Huntingdon and either Perry or Wayne county.

I will agree there is an advantage when you have more students to pull from. However, that is not a guarantee of anything. Huntingdon's talent has been down for a few years and is just coming back. When Huntingdon won championship in '03 we were one of the smallest schools in 2A.

Edited by stangfan978

We are going to go 14-0. Nothing is stopping us. We have just the right mix of athletes, size, and are very physical. We have one of the toughest schedules in the state and as long as we don't have any key injuries its dooms day for our opponents. Good luck to all other teams at finishing second. You may disagree but you will see. Huntingdon 41 Gleason 0. Its already happened we just haven't watched the game yet.

Edited by FootballFan1970

We are going to go 14-0. Nothing is stopping us. We have just the right mix of athletes, size, and are very physical. We have one of the toughest schedules in the state and as long as we don't have any key injuries its dooms day for our opponents. Good luck to all other teams at finishing second. You may disagree but you will see. Huntingdon 41 Gleason 0. Its already happened we just haven't watched the game yet.

Don't kid yourself. Y'all wont even finish regular season undefeated.

I think they could go 4-0 if everybody stays healthy and they play to their potential. I seriously doubt we see as talented an offense as Signal had last week the rest of the season. The defense has played well, but if we don't put some beef on the line against power running teams, it will be a long night for the defense.

I agree once Chubb is back and everyone heals up, this could be as good a team if not better than last year.

I honestly don't know much about Huntingdon, so fill me in on them. Also what all teams are on your schedule this season? I know over here in middle/eastern TN, it is hard to find 1A teams that will play my Pirates so we have to play up in classification.